Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Broad Church

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]Probably different to others on here but I actually enjoyed the trips to the likes of Oldham and Huddersfield in league 1 more than our home games against the bigger teams.I would include Gillingham in that but Gillingham was a PROPER shithole![/quote]

I also have fond memories of our L1 campaign.  Huddersfield away was an epic game in it''s own right, off the top of my head the game at Walsall was very satisfying because we came back to win on a pitch that was more mud than grass on a grim winter evening, similarly Wycombe away was one of those games when we had plenty of pressure on them but you felt the breakthrough would never come until Holt (think it was Holt) was able to squeeze a shot through late on.  I probably enjoyed those games more than some of our away games this season. 

But of course it helped that our stay in L1 was just one season and much of the time we were winning !  I don''t think it would have been as much fun if we''d been stuck there for a few years like Leeds, Sheffield etc.

Huddersfield was a cracking day out, although I left my phone on the train and had to go to Leeds after the game to pick it up. Managed also to leave my bag behind at Walsall but that meant that when I went back for it, I got to walk down the tunnel and around the pitch (passing Delia on the way) to go and collect it. Painting myself as a pretty forgetful idiot here!!

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]The point I was (perhaps badly) trying to make was that although I used to be a very active fan when I was in Norwich, I had mates that never went to games but I didn''t see myself as any more of a fan than them. Now I get to hardly any games, I don''t see myself as less if a fan than those if you that go every week. I''m sure it wasn''t that hard to decipher, but maybe I wasn''t clear. For me, it''s not how active you are but what you feel that counts. If that guy who enjoys watching from home feels as strongly as the rest if us do, why should anyone tell him he is less of a fan?[/quote]

As with all fans my active support has varied due to my life''s circumstances. The reason Lakey started this thread is because he decided he was a victim of a comment by Mungo stating that there is no clamouring for tickets for Saturday''s game against Fulham like there was for the games against the so called big club''s. Mungo''s point was valid because people''s life circumstances don''t change between the Man. Utd game and then change for the Wigan game and then change back for the Chelsea game and then become awkard for the Fulham game. It''s too ridiculous to comprehend.

This wasn''t ever about individuals until they themselves decided to make it so. For those supporters whose life''s circumstances miraculously change depending on the opposition plastic is a reasonable description. Don''t you think?

I can appreciate that, yeah. I''d have thought the (I assume) cheaper ticket price would open the game to a larger number of fans. It''s never about the opposition as far as I''m concerned...

I have to say that for me the OP here and several other posts I can recall are as much trolling as many of the posts Mungo Bumpkin posts.

LDC - i do not know you nor do i have any axe to grind with you but it appears to me that you manage to get yourself in the middle of quite a lot of spats on here, seem incapable of letting anyone else have the last word (because that is what this thread is really about) and need to perhaps not take things so personally and turn the other cheek occasionally if posters like Mungo (who clearly is on the wind up sometimes) make the odd jibe. Its not so long ago that i can recall posts that i am sure were by yourself that were criticising some fans for moaning or being critical of the club/team and in essence stating that such fans were not proper or real fans and implying that fans who did not criticise the club were better supporters. Take a step back and that is categorising or labelling fans in a similar sort of way to the way you now appear to so vehemently object to. Indeed your OP here categorises or labels fans in the way you say you vehemently object to!

That said arguably any post on here is "trolling" as we all post what we post to get a reaction from the other posters!

Its amazing what people read into posts - people on here are making too many assumptions.    I have no gripe with anyone on this board who gives all fans a fair hearing and has reasonable argument.  My main issues are that some fans see themselves as more important than the club.   The club is the management and players and the fans.   The fans are the most important and ALL fans should feel they are part of things.  The way some posters on here post - and I''m not just referring to Mungo - it is as if their ego is what matters, whereas what matters is the club and its fans. 

The reason I get into scrapes on here is that I pick fights with the egos - and I  expect flack coming back, because no ego likes to think it is being undermined by some scrote they think is of no value.     I don''t mind flack - unless things get abusive, as they do sometimes - I''ll give as good as I get.      The inflated ego is not a true fan - it is someone who wants to lord it over the other fans who it thinks it is better than.   I don''t want to lord it over any fan, all I want is that all fans are treated equally - that is whether you are a 94 year old fan who hasn''t missed a game since the nest in 1932, or a convert who lives in Adelaide who has never been to a match. 

We are all fans of the club and should appreciate each other - whatever their situation - and Nigel, for your information - that is not about me - it is about all fans who contribute to this site. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]I don''t really get why some people are so desperate to declare themselves as some kind of superior fan than the next guy. So what? You may well go to more games than someone else, well done. Give yourself a pat on the back. And before you start judging me, I was a long time Barclay season ticket holder before I moved away, I''ve been to nearly 50 away grounds, I got the club cabbage bus to Arnhem and went to every reserve game back from when Dion Dublin was playing. But, if someone has their reasons for not going, whatever they may be, I would never gave thought that I was any more of a fan than them.[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

Mega LOL.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]I don''t really get why some people are so desperate to declare themselves as some kind of superior fan than the next guy. So what? You may well go to more games than someone else, well done. Give yourself a pat on the back. And before you start judging me, I was a long time Barclay season ticket holder before I moved away, I''ve been to nearly 50 away grounds, I got the club cabbage bus to Arnhem and went to every reserve game back from when Dion Dublin was playing. But, if someone has their reasons for not going, whatever they may be, I would never gave thought that I was any more of a fan than them.[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

Mega LOL.

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh do keep up Bly it is MEGALOL [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

LOL

[/quote]

Mega LOL.

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh do keep up Bly it is MEGALOL [:P]

[/quote]

Only if one doesn''t have a mind of one''s own. [:)]

OTBC

In the United States one might think, as we like to consider ourselves all things to all people, that we have churches for broads. I don''t think that''s the case at the moment, however, although given the rampant pace that women seem to be enjoying in getting ahead of the modern male I think it can''t be too far away. This has long been one of the remaining bastions where divorced women can meet potential new mates in an environment considered to be socially acceptable. To the young male population who sense some frustration at current gender inequality I would simply say in today''s world the opposite sex may appear to have all the running but, remember that old saying, what goes around comes around.

. Loved league one. Loved our trip to Peterborough this season.

Far more than liverpool. Result aside. League one is my favourite season so far in about 15. Results aside visits old school grounds with REAL footy fans was great, ha ha

Thanks LDC for an excellent post, I often cringe at some of the posters comments on here aimed at others who are somehow lesser supporters, and to be honest the term "plastics" I find annoying.

I personally have absolutely no problem with anyone who says they are a Norwich City Supporter and understand fully there will be various types of supporter depending on their circumstances.................my teenage daughter for example, we moved out of the UK some 9 years ago ( relinquished my season ticket held for something like 20 years) so she has never attended a game at Carra Rud, but sits glued to the TV every week for the live coverage we have here of every game home and away and cant wait to see a live game, which will definately happen.....but she is definately a Norwich City Supporter just like me, despite the majority of kids supporting Man U, Barcelona or Chelsea ....although she is more concerned whether Pilkington is playing for different reasons to me. 

Most (not all) of this supporter, lets call it "supporter snobbery", I think stems from....dare I say.....Season Ticket Holders or, more accurately those Season Ticket holders who have been so for several/many years. I used to witness this when I was a Season Ticket Holder, particularly in the Geoffrey Wtaling Stand as its now called, with those around me often making derogatory comments towards some poor soul who they hadnt seen before who dared to buy a ticket close by or use a season ticket holders ticket while they were away, a terrible crime of course. Indeed, I also get it sometimes when I attend the few games each season I am able to get to these days, particularly on the odd occasion when I good friend of mine has his season ticket available due to work circumstances and even from some way younger than me who couldnt come close to the amount of hard earned cash I have spent over 40 years of supporting the club.

That all said, its surely the same at all clubs, and one thing we can guarantee is that a larger percentage of our supporters have actually visited Carrow Road than those of teams like Manchester United for example, if that is a measure of being a supporter?........perhaps actually visiting the ground of the club you support should be a bit like going to Mecca for a Muslim, with the centre spot being the equivalent of the Kaaba......not sure what the other Four Pillars of being a Norwich City supporter would be though?........perhaps know all the words to OTBC, have tattoo on your wrist of family names..........could be a good subject for a new thread perhaps.

A final thought, my dear late Mum, was proud to be a Christian and was a good Christian, but rarely went to Church on a Sunday..........she was right when she used to say that those who do go to church on a Sunday are no more Christian than her, and backed it up with true stories of a couple of regular church goers who really werent that christian at all....not sure what thats got to do with.......but it was on my mind at the time...OTBC

Thanks Dubai,   it gets on my goat that people feel they have to justify their support of the club.   There are a lot of us exiles who come on the pinkun message board to keep in touch with things at Carrow Rd and we are met with a barrage from those that see themselves as better - instead of embracing all fans whoever and wherever they are.    Its not just mungo - he instigates a lot of the rubbish - but I have seen quite a few fans who get "accused" - then feel they have to explain themselves - I''ve done it myself and you think afterwards - why did I have to do that? 

We are all fans and should be treated the same.    I suppose I''ll get the same "don''t be so sensitive" comments from the numpties who want to keep this issue going - it suits them as it is getting them more attention - but it is still a fact that people leave this board because of them.    Mungo - as chief no brain in this respect - enjoys winding people up and seeing them squirm  - but the fact is it is ruining the board for many of us.  

Those that go on about plastics don''t understand the concept of  "community" - their motives for calling others "plastic" are made to highlight their own image and status.   Its a cowardly  attitude  and  does this board no good at all as it damages the  overall friendly nature that should exist between all Norwich fans.    I don''t mind banter and micky taking but there are times when the targeting of  posters on here becomes out of order (and no,Nigel, I''m not just talking about myself).   

Posters leave this board on a regular basis - why?  Because of the attitude of  a few posters who like to think they are controlling things.  Mungo and whatever other user name he uses on here is the worst culprit, but the infighting and name calling goes on and on.   Some say ignore the trolling - but there are times when you can''t ignore it as it so often gets in the way of a decent thread and becomes personal.   People leave the board because they can''t be bothered to put up with the jibes and  name calling. 

I am well aware people get fed up with me and the way I go on about things - but I try to speak it as I see it - and that upsets some because they can''t stand the truth.    The truth?  The truth is that some people on this board who are supposedly  Norwich fans don''t really care about their club -  they only care about themselves and their own perceived status on an internet message board - sad - sad especially as this is one of the few places  exiles can go to to discuss the club and  keep up to date with things

All our fans should be treated with respect by everyone on here.    It won''t happen because as people keep saying - "its the internet, get over it" -   but SDP has asked for a new beginning too - it is just being ignored by the usual suspects.  

Who calls it the "Geofrey Watling Stand" - the club website and "fans" desparatelt trying to find out where the cherished ticket to the manyoo game they just bought is.

It is the Main Stand or, at a push, the City Stand.

No Reeves, No Fans, No Future, South Out!!!!

Mungo

Thats funny Mungo.....what you wont know is I actually put the "Main Stand" initially, and then went back and changed it to the "Geoffrey Watling Stand"  having also considered the "City Stand", as I thought some clever dick would correct me and question my supporter integrity by advising me its now called the "Geoffrey Watling Stand"...........not sure why its necesssary to worry about such things...afterall this is just a message board isnt it?

......omg...now I am double checking my spelling...just in case the spelling and grammar police are ready to pounce! 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

All our fans should be treated with respect by everyone on here.    It won''t happen because as people keep saying - "its the internet, get over it" -   but SDP has asked for a new beginning too - it is just being ignored by the usual suspects.  

[/quote]

Not true. SDP''s warning has been very effective at cleaning up (some might say sanitising) this place. But there is no accounting for - or legislating against - solipsistic imaginings.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Not true. SDP''s warning has been very effective at cleaning up (some might say sanitising) this place. But there is no accounting for - or legislating against - solipsistic imaginings.

[/quote]

It seems that Lakey will only be happy when he runs this board himself with his own set of rules. SDP''s brave new dawn did not include surpressing posters with different views to Lakey.

I find it highly amusing reading plastics pleading that they are not plastic but their justification is the epitome of the definition of a plastic. The irony is fabulous

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]All our fans should be treated with respect by everyone on here.    It won''t happen because as people keep saying - "its the internet, get over it" -   but SDP has asked for a new beginning too - it is just being ignored by the usual suspects.   [/quote]

[/quote]

It seems that Lakey will only be happy when he runs this board himself with his own set of rules. SDP''s brave new dawn did not include surpressing posters with different views to Lakey.

[/quote]

There you go again Nutty - twisting what I am saying to suit yourself.     It''s not people with different views that bother me, its people that ridicule other supporters and dismiss their views - not because of the views but because in their eyes that supporter doesn''t qualify to have a view in the first place...................

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]All our fans should be treated with respect by everyone on here.    It won''t happen because as people keep saying - "its the internet, get over it" -   but SDP has asked for a new beginning too - it is just being ignored by the usual suspects.   [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There you go again Nutty - twisting what I am saying to suit yourself.     It''s not people with different views that bother me, its people that ridicule other supporters and dismiss their views - not because of the views but because in their eyes that supporter doesn''t qualify to have a view in the first place...................

[/quote]Remind me when we voted you the peoples champion / spokesperson?

[quote user="Grant Holts Cod piece"]I love LDC he is a fab troll you have to hand it to him. Superb he is at it. He gets a rise every time[/quote]

I wouldn''t be so "cocky" if I were you - with a user name like yours, I suspect you''re the one that gets the rise........................

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you seem to take issue with or dismiss my views yet I don''t ridicule you. Do I?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well you seem to take issue with or dismiss my views yet I don''t ridicule you. Do I?

[/quote]

Your comments recently have been of the ilk that I am trying to control what people say - or at least that I am making things out to be to do with me all the time - but in all honesty, I am as much an attention seeker as anyone is on here - we''re all here to have our say, after all.     You are entitled to your views but I am entitled to question them - particularly if they refer to me - and in a way which I disagree with.

All I want is respect for all fans.  The wind up merchants are often just an irritation - but sometimes become too close to being abusive for reasonable debate to take place.   Too many people leave the forum because of too much derision and disrespect.   If people want a fair board and a place to come and share views of their club, why should they be pushed around and feel like its a waste of time?    We are all fans.  That should be all that matters. 

Well you carry on doing what you do Lakey. I''m quite content to let Pete worry about moderating and me worry about debating my point of view.

BTW - there''s still tickets available in all stands for tomorrow...