Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Broad Church

The supporters of Norwich City are many and manifold.At the top you have the hardy fans who go to every match, home and away - the heartbeat of the club. Then you have the season ticket holders who go to (most) home games.Then you have casual supporters who go when they can. Then there are the families of those above who through commitment, cost, age or infirmity can not go to matches.Then there are those who would go every week, but can''t because they are exiled through work or family - sometimes across the world Then there are those abroad who have adopted our club - through watching on  TV  - who may make a pilgrimage to Carrow Rd once in their lives.Then there are those who follow the club - broadly supporting and having an interest, but without going to matches.

All these people are a valuable part of the club and its well being.   The whole City of Norwich and the surrounding area benefits from having a healthy and well run football club and that includes all the above.    Its not said enough imo.   We are Norwich and proud of it.

Here endeth the lesson......................

Well said LDC!

Now takest thee good cover and assume thy position whilst the righteous teenage brethren of the Lower Barclay chastise thee for thy lack of support. For surely thou knowest that if thou art not of the first persuasion then verily thou art not a true fan at all, and worthless in the eyes of our Lord McNally and his disciples.

Oh ..... Amen. 😉

Good point well put!

I am an exile on the south coast, I was talking to a Newcastle fan who went to Norwich for the game and he said it was a great ground with a brilliant atmosphere and a lovely city. Made me feel quite proud

Our Barclay, which art at Carrow, hallowed be thy name, our tickets come, our chants are done, in hope more than expectation.....

Doesn''t alter the fact that there are still tickets available for Fulham whereas at this stage tickets for the supposed big club games were as rare as hen''s teeth.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Our Barclay, which art at Carrow, hallowed be thy name, our tickets come, our chants are done, in hope more than expectation.....   Doesn''t alter the fact that there are still tickets available for Fulham whereas at this stage tickets for the supposed big club games were as rare as hen''s teeth.

[/quote]

Thats on a different thread Nutty, but as you brought it up (again)  - people that want to come to Norwich just to see the big clubs are probably not at the top of the tree of the supporting hierachy - but if the demand isn''t there for the lesser clubs - that''s life.   

But support is support - in whatever form it takes.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Our Barclay, which art at Carrow, hallowed be thy name, our tickets come, our chants are done, in hope more than expectation.....   Doesn''t alter the fact that there are still tickets available for Fulham whereas at this stage tickets for the supposed big club games were as rare as hen''s teeth.

[/quote]

Thats on a different thread Nutty, but as you brought it up (again)  - people that want to come to Norwich just to see the big clubs are probably not at the top of the tree of the supporting hierachy - but if the demand isn''t there for the lesser clubs - that''s life.   

[/quote]

I brought it up because it''s what prompted this service.

Your penance is thre Hail Marys[A]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Absolute rubbish, and this is a good reason why expansion would be a bad idea at the moment.  I''m not interested in the ''support'' of someone who would disappear at the first sign of relegation.  If they were ''supporters'' they''d be interested in coming to a match, whether that be Man Utd or Wigan.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thats on a different thread Nutty, but as you brought it up (again)  - people that want to come to Norwich just to see the big clubs are probably not at the top of the tree of the supporting hierachy - but if the demand isn''t there for the lesser clubs - that''s life.    But support is support - in whatever form it takes.   [/quote]Absolute rubbish, and this is a good reason why expansion would be a bad idea at the moment.  I''m not interested in the ''support'' of someone who would disappear at the first sign of relegation.  If they were ''supporters'' they''d be interested in coming to a match, whether that be Man Utd or Wigan.[/quote]

And I wouldn''t be interested in a supporter who sets himself apart as being better than another supporter.   As I said somewhere else, Im not talking about myself - was at qpr,wh,stoke,wigan not MU,Arse,Tott. - I just don''t like the implications that some fans think they are better than anyone else.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Apart from stating the mundanely obvious, what is the point if this thread?[/quote]

It may be obvious to you Cambridge and a lot of other people, but some people wouldn''t know obvious, even if it stood up and whacked them around the face.........

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Thats on a different thread Nutty, but as you brought it up (again)  - people that want to come to Norwich just to see the big clubs are probably not at the top of the tree of the supporting hierachy - but if the demand isn''t there for the lesser clubs - that''s life.    But support is support - in whatever form it takes.   [/quote]Absolute rubbish, and this is a good reason why expansion would be a bad idea at the moment.  I''m not interested in the ''support'' of someone who would disappear at the first sign of relegation.  If they were ''supporters'' they''d be interested in coming to a match, whether that be Man Utd or Wigan.[/quote]

And I wouldn''t be interested in a supporter who sets himself apart as being better than another supporter.   As I said somewhere else, Im not talking about myself - was at qpr,wh,stoke,wigan not MU,Arse,Tott. - I just don''t like the implications that some fans think they are better than anyone else.

[/quote]Get over it LDC, it''s rather boring and every time this subject comes up it seems to hit some kind of nerve.  Not a plastic are you?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Get over it LDC, it''s rather boring and every time this subject comes up it seems to hit some kind of nerve.  Not a plastic are you?[/quote]

I  object to being labelled anything, plastic or otherwise.     People who put generalized labels on other people are generally just being either lazy or not really bothered about the other people in the first place    If as a supporter of Norwich you can''t be bothered about your own fellow fans, whats the point?

I don''t really get why some people are so desperate to declare themselves as some kind of superior fan than the next guy. So what? You may well go to more games than someone else, well done. Give yourself a pat on the back. And before you start judging me, I was a long time Barclay season ticket holder before I moved away, I''ve been to nearly 50 away grounds, I got the club cabbage bus to Arnhem and went to every reserve game back from when Dion Dublin was playing. But, if someone has their reasons for not going, whatever they may be, I would never gave thought that I was any more of a fan than them.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]I don''t really get why some people are so desperate to declare themselves as some kind of superior fan than the next guy. So what? You may well go to more games than someone else, well done. Give yourself a pat on the back. And before you start judging me, I was a long time Barclay season ticket holder before I moved away, I''ve been to nearly 50 away grounds, I got the club cabbage bus to Arnhem and went to every reserve game back from when Dion Dublin was playing. But, if someone has their reasons for not going, whatever they may be, I would never gave thought that I was any more of a fan than them.[/quote]

LOL

Yes I wouldn''t put one City fan as better than another really,

But where I work there are quite a few guys who say they support one of the big teams, mostly ManU, Chelsea and similar. Support for them means they watch games on TV and maybe go to a game or two per year, often corporate hostility. Whereas the one who actually go to game often are fans of teams like Forest, Leicester, Derby, man c (talking here about people who''ve been fans for a while) c, etc. And what bugs me about the people who support big teams but don''t go to matches is their air of superiority when their team does well - which makes me want to point out that they''ve obviously picked a major team to support so it''s hardly surprising when the team does well.

Thanks for ranking city fans in order of importance.

Now I know I''m less important than the family of someone who goes to matches!

Can i just point out that the OP missed out those supporters who stand because i assume they are more of a fan than those who wish to remain seated ? [:P]

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Did you read the rest of my post Nigel? Or just what you wanted to in order to make some snide point?[/quote]

Have to say I agree with Nigel, I too LOL''d when I read that you ''dont get why fans claim to be superior fans'' then went on to justify how much of a fan you are. Slightly hypocritical.

Probably different to others on here but I actually enjoyed the trips to the likes of Oldham and Huddersfield in league 1 more than our home games against the bigger teams.I would include Gillingham in that but Gillingham was a PROPER shithole!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Did you read the rest of my post Nigel? Or just what you wanted to in order to make some snide point?[/quote]

Have to say I agree with Nigel, I too LOL''d when I read that you ''dont get why fans claim to be superior fans'' then went on to justify how much of a fan you are. Slightly hypocritical.

[/quote]

I think he was trying to say that while he couldn''t be accused of being a"lesser fan" in the eyes of those who criticise (where is Alexander O''Neal when you need him?) he still shares the opinion that no one fan can claim to be better than anyone else.

To be honest, if all we have to concern ourselves with as fans is a p155ing contest then the club is clearly in better shape than many would have us believe.

Get a life.. And I''m looking at you NCFC ''star''.

[quote user="lake district canary"]The supporters of Norwich City are many and manifold.

At the top you have the hardy fans who go to every match, home and away - the heartbeat of the club.
Then you have the season ticket holders who go to (most) home games.
Then you have casual supporters who go when they can.
Then there are the families of those above who through commitment, cost, age or infirmity can not go to matches.
Then there are those who would go every week, but can''t because they are exiled through work or family - sometimes across the world
Then there are those abroad who have adopted our club - through watching on  TV  - who may make a pilgrimage to Carrow Rd once in their lives.
Then there are those who follow the club - broadly supporting and having an interest, but without going to matches.

All these people are a valuable part of the club and its well being.   The whole City of Norwich and the surrounding area benefits from having a healthy and well run football club and that includes all the above.    Its not said enough imo.   We are Norwich and proud of it.

Here endeth the lesson......................

[/quote]

Oh dear. This misses out probably the most important category - those who emigrated solely to have an excuse not to attend matches.

My my you obviously lost your sense of humour with your season ticket buddy. Anyway, I''m sure we''re all equal in the eyes of the lord.

Now where do you reckon the silent majority rank in all of this? I''m guessing they''re somewhere between the world and his wife...

[quote user="Mario Harpershite"]

[quote user="CDMullins"]Have to say I agree with Nigel, I too LOL''d when I read that you ''dont get why fans claim to be superior fans'' then went on to justify how much of a fan you are. Slightly hypocritical.

[/quote]

I think he was trying to say that while he couldn''t be accused of being a"lesser fan" in the eyes of those who criticise (where is Alexander O''Neal when you need him?) he still shares the opinion that no one fan can claim to be better than anyone else.

To be honest, if all we have to concern ourselves with as fans is a p155ing contest then the club is clearly in better shape than many would have us believe.

Get a life.. And I''m looking at you NCFC ''star''.[/quote]Eh?

The point I was (perhaps badly) trying to make was that although I used to be a very active fan when I was in Norwich, I had mates that never went to games but I didn''t see myself as any more of a fan than them. Now I get to hardly any games, I don''t see myself as less if a fan than those if you that go every week. I''m sure it wasn''t that hard to decipher, but maybe I wasn''t clear.

For me, it''s not how active you are but what you feel that counts. If that guy who enjoys watching from home feels as strongly as the rest if us do, why should anyone tell him he is less of a fan?