Sign in to follow this  
pete

Steven Whittaker

Steven Whittaker should play Saturday after 2 games on the bench, maybe not at RB where Russ Martin has been solid and a goalthreat.  But replace Garrido at LB who has recently been lacking against Spurs (failed to challenge Bale) and QPR (pass back for penalty).  If Pilks not fit perhaps Garrido on left midfield, or SW at left midfield if JG to stay LB.  Whatever we need to keep our shape Elliot Bennet on left does not do it.

SW on return from earlier injury against Arsenal was catalyst for unbeaten run and SW filled in adequately at LB against Stoke.

So Garrido has a couple of poor games and should be dropped? Don''t think so.

If Pilks is still injured then it would be more logical to switch BJ out left and bring Howson into the CM spot.

Surely it''d make more sense to play Surman out left than BJ? Or even EB. BJ is not a left winger and never will be!

I''d absolutely rather we didn''t play Howson, I don''t think we''ve won this season with him in the starting line-up.

As for Whittaker, got to earn his place back from Martin - and with 3 of our last 4 goals, I think he keeps his place for now. Garrido has been solid all season bar a couple of shaky games of late - I''d stick with the same back four personally.

Thank f*(k you''re not the manager. Dropping Garrido and/or Whittaker played LM. We might aswell put Holt in goal while we''re at it why not.

Whittaker has played at LB for already this season, not as first choice but when needed.

I would of thought we would of got Kamara to play LW if Pilks is injured, i understood he played on either wing or as a striker unless I have that very wrong (which lets face it, would not be a surprise!)

I like the idea of Snod on the left and EBenno on the right but CH likes inverted wingers that cut in, or that is what it looks like so I would not be surprised to see EBenno on the left.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]I like the idea of Snod on the left and EBenno on the right but CH likes inverted wingers that cut in, or that is what it looks like so I would not be surprised to see EBenno on the left.[/quote]Wrong Snodgrass is the one who wants to play right as he uses his left foot to cut in.

I can certainly see Whittaker starting at LB. Garrido has been mistake-prone recently and is maybe feeling the effects of playing a lot of games.

I can see no way that Kamara will be starting on Saturday seeing as he''s done barely any preseason training and is probably jetlagged.

Together with Hoolahoops'' midweek exertions, this should mean that Becchio will get some proper game time on Saturday.

[quote user="AJ"].......................

I''d absolutely rather we didn''t play Howson, I don''t think we''ve won this season with him in the starting line-up.

.............[/quote]

Swansea away.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]So Garrido has a couple of poor games and should be dropped? Don''t think so.  [/quote]

A couple of poor games in addition to numerous underwhelming performances and some average at best showings.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]So Garrido has a couple of poor games and should be dropped? Don''t think so. If Pilks is still injured then it would be more logical to switch BJ out left and bring Howson into the CM spot.[/quote]

I don''t see why not - Garrido is in a poor run of form, whilst Russell Martin is playing well and Whittaker was performing excellently until his injury so makes perfect sense to bring in him at left back. Garrido had some sticky form earlier on in the season and Hughton dropped him for Ryan Bennett - can''t see that the idea of bringing in Whittaker would be any crazier than that.

Can''t see BJ offering anything productive out on the wing as he has little ability to get past a player and isn''t particulary quick. If Surman is fit he would make a more sensible option, but have a feeling Bennett will start.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]So Garrido has a couple of poor games and should be dropped? Don''t think so.  [/quote]

A couple of poor games in addition to numerous underwhelming performances and some average at best showings.

[/quote]
Correct me if I''m wrong but we haven''t lost a game with Whittaker in the squad either, I think he''s definitely worth a start. 

[quote user="Yellows"]Thank f*(k you''re not the manager. Dropping Garrido and/or Whittaker played LM. We might aswell put Holt in goal while we''re at it why not.[/quote]

And the fact that Whittaker played left back for Scotland a number of times is irrelevant why exactly?

[quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Really/

I agree Garrido has has one or two difficult times recently but overall, he has been one of the revelations of the season and is our best left back since Mark Bowen.

[quote user="Notts Canary"]

Correct me if I''m wrong but we haven''t lost a game with Whittaker in the squad either, I think he''s definitely worth a start. 

[/quote]

I think you will find Whittaker was in the squad when we lost to WBA - perhaps maybe he even even started the game?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]So Garrido has a couple of poor games and should be dropped? Don''t think so.

If Pilks is still injured then it would be more logical to switch BJ out left and bring Howson into the CM spot.[/quote]

WTF !!!??? Clueless.

SW injured against Swansea and yet to play since that game not in squad for WBA

wrong ; Whittaker played the full game against swansea and then wigan before being subbed 10 mins in the second half of the baggies game...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]wrong ; Whittaker played the full game against swansea and then wigan before being subbed 10 mins in the second half of the baggies game...[/quote]
So technically I''m right because he wasn''t on the pitch when the game was lost [;)]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

Really/

I agree Garrido has has one or two difficult times recently but overall, he has been one of the revelations of the season and is our best left back since Mark Bowen.

[/quote]

Yes, really.

Because he was good for the first 2 or 3 months people are letting that cloud their judgement on what he''s been like more recently. Or perhaps they''re just unable to spot the differences in his game/performances.

Maybe if he''d been playing at the top of his game all season then he''d be a "revelation" but at the moment that is a massive exaggeration.

Great post Pete about Whittaker replacing Garrido at left back. Dont agree with BJ playing Left midfield as he is not going to offer us much out there and he has been excellent in the middle of the park again this season. Garrido should not be getting into our team with his performances. Too many mistakes and is not good enough defensively. He had a solid debut and a couple of good games in the our 10 match unbeaten run but that''s it. Time to try Whittaker at left back.

So technically I''m right because he wasn''t on the pitch when the game was lost

Good straw clutching, but no, you remain wrong as your quote was we havent lost even a game when was in the squad - let alone making the pitch [;-)]