Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Shock! Horror!

Still some tickets left for tomorrow''s match!   

Watch it fellow casuals, we''ll be even lower on the "superfan" scale if we don''t buy them up.  Casuals already  have  less respect than an amoeba - this could just be the end!      Perhaps I''ll buy a ticket or two,  even though I can''t go..........................

Oh I forgot,  it doesn''t make any difference whether we buy the tickets or not - we''ll still be treated like social pariahs - or at the most, unwelcome guests.

Hey, ho.

OTBC

[quote user="lake district canary"]Still some tickets left for tomorrow''s match!   

Watch it fellow casuals, we''ll be even lower on the "superfan" scale if we don''t buy them up.  Casuals already  have  less respect than an amoeba - this could just be the end!      Perhaps I''ll buy a ticket or two,  even though I can''t go..........................

Oh I forgot,  it doesn''t make any difference whether we buy the tickets or not - we''ll still be treated like social pariahs - or at the most, unwelcome guests.

Hey, ho.

OTBC

[/quote]

Ouch!!................but true true, sadly.[Y]

Might be a casual myself next season.

I miss at least four home games due to commitments and I also think the Cathedral Lounge is seriously overpriced in relation to other areas of the ground.

It would suit me to be able to get casual tickets for games like this and I suspect they will be more generally available next season.

As for casual fans in general they have various reasons for being ''casuals'' and in my book a supporter is a supporter.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Still some tickets left for tomorrow''s match!   

Hey, ho.

OTBC

[/quote]

I expect that at some stage you will get the bites you are seeking.[:(]

Call yourself a fan LDC!

Move inside the inner ring road of the City, buy a home and away season tickets and get yourself a City tatoo on you leg right now! Or never comment on anything City again, unless it''s on Canary Call!

In all reality not many will bite, but it is a little sad that we cannot sell out against Fulham and inforces the clubs view for not needing to expand the ground.

The last two games I have left early and got the train home, as it has been so poor, not something I have done without having the need to as I had something else planned that evening. So I''m in the same boat, not a Superfan.

[quote user="Badcanary"]Are they the tickets sent back from Fulham as they did not take there full allocation?
[/quote]

No it would seem as if you look on the Club website there are tickets littered around in all four stands.

Just well you''re not going on and on and on and on about this LDC.Oh, wait.....You could, of course, just added to the thread already on the subject.

[quote user="morty"]Just well you''re not going on and on and on and on about this LDC.Oh, wait.....You could, of course, just added to the thread already on the subject.[/quote]Oh no, it deserve an entirely new thread so that when people look in the `Main Discussion` area his name is printed nicely alongside the thread topic. Can''t be having that mean horrible Mungo''s name all over the page...

er... I''m not, and I would assume not many on here are either, a casual fan, my appearances at carrow road are.

Can you not label others, as you so wildly rage against yourself being labelled.

[quote user="Indy"]

Call yourself a fan LDC!

Move inside the inner ring road of the City, buy a home and away season tickets and get yourself a City tatoo on you leg right now! Or never comment on anything City again, unless it''s on Canary Call!.........

[/quote]A real fan would have them all over his middle stump Indy.........with On the Ball City tattooed on the dangly bit underneath [:D]

[quote user="Monty13"]er... I''m not, and I would assume not many on here are either, a casual fan, my appearances at carrow road are.

Can you not label others, as you so wildly rage against yourself being labelled.[/quote]

Not wanting to label you monty - or anyone else  - the term "casual" is used by the club for people who buy tickets and who are not season ticket holders, so I am not labelling anyone when referring to "casual" -  merely stating what is the case.      

Ha ha ha ha ha .........a tattoo on your middle stump indeed!!

"On the ball City " on the dangly bit underneath, how very rude!!

No LDC the club refers to people who are non season ticket holders as members or non members.

Anyone can buy casual tickets when available which is the only official use of the word casual by the club as far as I am aware.

Go back and read your original post. In the wording you have labelled people who buy casual tickets, ie. non season ticket holders as "casuals". Presumably in reference to there aforementioned requirement to buy casual tickets to see games.

How is that any different than non season ticket holders being referred to as plastics? You''ve just created a slightly nicer sounding term to you for your post. It means the same thing though, its singling out ST holders from non.

I''m not really bothered by it, but it really does show how stupid the whole argument over what different fans are called is.

[quote user="Monty13"]No LDC the club refers to people who are non season ticket holders as members or non members.

Anyone can buy casual tickets when available which is the only official use of the word casual by the club as far as I am aware.

Go back and read your original post. In the wording you have labelled people who buy casual tickets, ie. non season ticket holders as "casuals". Presumably in reference to there aforementioned requirement to buy casual tickets to see games.

How is that any different than non season ticket holders being referred to as plastics? You''ve just created a slightly nicer sounding term to you for your post. It means the same thing though, its singling out ST holders from non.

I''m not really bothered by it, but it really does show how stupid the whole argument over what different fans are called is.[/quote]

I take your point - and any label is unhelpful - but the message board is supposed to be for all fans.  Some delight in putting themselves above the rest of us - well imo they are there to be shot at in that case (figuratively, not literally).  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Monty13"]No LDC the club refers to people who are non season ticket holders as members or non members.

I''m not really bothered by it, but it really does show how stupid the whole argument over what different fans are called is.[/quote]

I take your point - and any label is unhelpful - but the message board is supposed to be for all fans.  Some delight in putting themselves above the rest of us - well imo they are there to be shot at in that case (figuratively, not literally).  

[/quote]You really, really can''t see the utter hypocrisy of what you''re saying, can you?So basically its okay for you to label fans, but not Mungo?

The sooner you all realise you''re less of a fan than me, the sooner we can put this hierarchy nonsense behind us and move forwards.  Though not until I say so, obviously.

Morty: "You really, really can''t see the utter hypocrisy of what you''re saying, can you?  So basically its okay for you to label fans, but not Mungo?"

Look, Morty, if you read the above post properly - I just said I accept what Monty pointed out about labels - as in   "I take your point".  

What could be clearer? 

Anyway - label or no label - there is no mistaking my meaning in talking about casual ticket buyers - and equally there is no mistaking the meaning in the kind of language mungo and others use to other fans, whether it be tongue in cheek, serious or just down right irritating.  

However, its all b*llox at the end of the day - I''ll continue to support the club in my own way as I have done since 1967, tough if people on here don''t like it - but I''ll  keep saying it - all Norwich fans should have the right to respect on a Norwich City message board.   Its not a difficult concept.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Morty: "You really, really can''t see the utter hypocrisy of what you''re saying, can you?  So basically its okay for you to label fans, but not Mungo?"

Look, Morty, if you read the above post properly - I just said I accept what Monty pointed out about labels - as in   "I take your point".  

What could be clearer? 

Anyway - label or no label - there is no mistaking my meaning in talking about casual ticket buyers - and equally there is no mistaking the meaning in the kind of language mungo and others use to other fans, whether it be tongue in cheek, serious or just down right irritating.  

However, its all b*llox at the end of the day - I''ll continue to support the club in my own way as I have done since 1967, tough if people on here don''t like it - but I''ll  keep saying it - all Norwich fans should have the right to respect on a Norwich City message board.   Its not a difficult concept.

[/quote]Why does it bother you so much how others see you?Chill out!

But wait a minute chops, did you not say that you are not a season ticket holder on another thread?!!

This means I can no longer respect your opinion and certainly can''t accept your position as top fan.

I will have to wait until a properly appointed Season Ticket holder is here to help me decide on my opinion, while I cower from the instinctive level of higher football knowledge they have and from their lofty position within the fan hierarchy.

Oh no wait....actually I''ll just get on with my life, not care about what trolls think and take everyone''s opinions on here at face value of whether I think they are talking utter cr@p or not.

And on second thoughts you have my vote to be supreme leader. ;)

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract  "Why does it bother you so much how others see you?   Chill out!"

Who said I was bovvered??  [:^)]  

This an internet forum.  I''m posting about something that interests me to do with our club. (in this case about the way some of our fans treat others who they see as lesser fans).     Isn''t that the point of the message board?

I think LDC finds the world much easier to understand if everything has a label on it. Why do you persist in digging holes for yourself?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Morty: "You really, really can''t see the utter hypocrisy of what you''re saying, can you?  So basically its okay for you to label fans, but not Mungo?"

What could be clearer? 

[/quote]Are you actually a 72 year old woman? Because you''re behaving like one frankly.Why are you taking so personally what Mungo says? Bit too close to home for you?Your desperation to point out Mungo''s faults is actually highlighting your own, and making you look worse than him, at least he''s amusing on occasion.Play the ball, not the man.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Grant Holt''s 3 year contract  "Why does it bother you so much how others see you?   Chill out!"

Who said I was bovvered??  [:^)]  

This an internet forum.  I''m posting about something that interests me to do with our club. (in this case about the way some of our fans treat others who they see as lesser fans).     Isn''t that the point of the message board?

[/quote]Well done for recognising that this is in fact an internet messageboard! Would you like a prize?Now that you''ve established the fact that this is in fact an internet messageboard try to comprehend that IT. DOESNT. MATTER.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Morty: "You really, really can''t see the utter hypocrisy of what you''re saying, can you?  So basically its okay for you to label fans, but not Mungo?"

Look, Morty, if you read the above post properly - I just said I accept what Monty pointed out about labels - as in   "I take your point".   What could be clearer?  Anyway - label or no label - there is no mistaking my meaning in talking about casual ticket buyers - and equally there is no mistaking the meaning in the kind of language mungo and others use to other fans, whether it be tongue in cheek, serious or just down right irritating.   However, its all b*llox at the end of the day - I''ll continue to support the club in my own way as I have done since 1967, tough if people on here don''t like it - but I''ll  keep saying it - all Norwich fans should have the right to respect on a Norwich City message board.   Its not a difficult concept.[/quote]Are you actually a 72 year old woman? Because you''re behaving like one frankly.Why are you taking so personally what Mungo says? Bit too close to home for you?Your desperation to point out Mungo''s faults is actually highlighting your own, and making you look worse than him, at least he''s amusing on occasion.Play the ball, not the man.[/quote]

As I said,  I''m not here for a popularity contest,  I  come on here to find out about our club, but in recent months its become less easy to do that because of  continued and persistent undermining of posters and the validity of their opinion.     Its not about me (he says for the umpteenth time) - its every other thread where a discussion gets under way and it is derailed by mungo or some other buffoon trying to be clever - at another posters expense.    SDP said he wanted a new start  on here - well it lasted about three days.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"]Morty: "You really, really can''t see the utter hypocrisy of what you''re saying, can you?  So basically its okay for you to label fans, but not Mungo?"

Look, Morty, if you read the above post properly - I just said I accept what Monty pointed out about labels - as in   "I take your point".   What could be clearer?  Anyway - label or no label - there is no mistaking my meaning in talking about casual ticket buyers - and equally there is no mistaking the meaning in the kind of language mungo and others use to other fans, whether it be tongue in cheek, serious or just down right irritating.   However, its all b*llox at the end of the day - I''ll continue to support the club in my own way as I have done since 1967, tough if people on here don''t like it - but I''ll  keep saying it - all Norwich fans should have the right to respect on a Norwich City message board.   Its not a difficult concept.[/quote]Are you actually a 72 year old woman? Because you''re behaving like one frankly.Why are you taking so personally what Mungo says? Bit too close to home for you?Your desperation to point out Mungo''s faults is actually highlighting your own, and making you look worse than him, at least he''s amusing on occasion.Play the ball, not the man.[/quote]

As I said,  I''m not here for a popularity contest,  I  come on here to find out about our club, but in recent months its become less easy to do that because of  continued and persistent undermining of posters and the validity of their opinion.     Its not about me (he says for the umpteenth time) - its every other thread where a discussion gets under way and it is derailed by mungo or some other buffoon trying to be clever - at another posters expense.    SDP said he wanted a new start  on here - well it lasted about three days.

[/quote]Have you considered that you are actually part of the problem, rather than the solution?Like I have previously questioned, why are YOU getting so fussed about what happens to other posters? You don''t know them, and I am sure if they want to have a snap back at Mungo, they don''t need you to do it for them.Just because someone has a different opinion to you, or "shock horror" they want to have a bit of a laugh here, doesn''t make them a buffoon.