Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Bye Bye from that small club to the North....

I haven''t actually opined on the comedic value of either the picture or the caption, I''m just interested in the condemnation aspect.Did you read the recent gypsy hair thread? Hilarious......

so i take it your gay,jewish,black,asian,irish,scottish,american,french? as you find it so offensive!......i could go on but my trains in 24 mins

[quote user="Ashwood"] the image of some under privileged poverty stricken child [/quote]

The photo i posted was a lighthearted attempt at humour the brunt of which was Ipswich not this African kid. The child in the photo does not appear to me to be ''poverty stricken'' as you put it but appears well fed and has clothing plus if you look at the background also a roof over his head.I accept he is not privileged in respect of what is available to children in large parts of the world which are taken for granted but he is far better off than many who in other parts of Africa sit in the blazing sun all day devoid of clothing and severely malnourished,riddled with disease and covered in flies.Those images would be a step too far to post on here so for goodness let us have some perspective about things.

Totally agree Tilly. I find it interesting that the ''hang ringers'' rarely have a high post count.

I assume they hover with their ''high viz'' jackets and then ...... Strike!!

I really cant believe I''m reading this!I fail to see how or why anyone is offended by that picture. In fact the I think that it could be argued that its the easily offended that seem to love to "be the first" to denounce anything and everything that actually amplify situations. Its getting ridiculous to be honest. Totally ridiculous. Like Tilly said, get some perspective!