Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Bye Bye from that small club to the North....

Stepping down then Mr. Clegg.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21336792

Your goal on arrival was to re-establish Ipswich in the top flight. How did that turn out?

And "that small club to the North of us" who you referred to in your first interview in your new job.

How are they getting on?

Make sure you close your day on the way out.

Evans reportedly saying the Board can manage the club day to day.  Which one gets the tea brewed?  Run by committee now - with a Stalin at the helm.  This could be fun......

"it is clear that moving towards break-even will challenge all clubs, not just Ipswich Town" (but yours much more than most!)

"This, coupled with the owner''s intention to play a more hands-on role has led me to the decision that now is the right time to seek a new challenge."

What you mean is, now that the club has to be run like an actual business and pay its way, it''s too much for you. What a sorry story he has been!

Well now if they want a replacement instead of letting the Board run the Club on a day to day basis i hear there is a chap in charge of the Scottish Premier League who may well fit the bill. [:D][:P][;)]

They can''t afford him Tilly!

I maybe looking for a job soon and I think I could make a difference there....

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Bingo at half time and karaoke pre match in the boardroom but whatever you do don''t ask what happened to the accounts.[H]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

Bingo at half time and karaoke pre match in the boardroom but whatever you do don''t ask what happened to the accounts.[H]

[/quote]

Now you''re talkin'' Tilly..

For the karaoke I reckon we could use a blue mike...

[;)]

[/quote]

I wonder if Clegg is entitled to any Compo....

Ipswich Town FC.  Going downhill in a bathtub.

Now you''re talkin'' Tilly..

For the karaoke I reckon we could use a blue mike...

[/quote]

Do you mean like this one ? I believe this was the one Robbie used on stage when he sang''Angels''. [;)]

[IMG]http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/umasabirah/Silflay%20Productions/BlueMicFull.jpg[/IMG]

I think this a very positive decision from Ipswich to get rid of him. He has made a succession of poor appointments and a lot of managers have criticised him for not getting the deals done. Under Roy Keane, Shaun Derry was sat in the office ready to sign. Clegg delayed and he ended up marshalling QPR to promotion. Likewise they had Charlie Austin in the building but he ended up at Burnley. Whether they can get someone of the calibre of McNally in is another question. Lets hope they can''t

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

If you''re going to do the great man justice use this link :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnmZ932gszo

Mind you you''d have to be seriously good or barking to attempt it at karaoke!

[/quote]

This has got to be the best Orbison song for Mr Clegg!!! [:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jonf4JMK81k

[/quote]

Love it Wazzy! I heard him list those golden days yesterday. They comprised of a Carling Cup first leg win against Arsenal.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Love it Wazzy! I heard him list those golden days yesterday. They comprised of a Carling Cup first leg win against Arsenal.

[/quote]

He even mentioned the weekend win over the mighty world beaters boro ! He did in fairness say there had been low points but funnily enough no mention of 4-1 or 1-5. [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He even mentioned the weekend win over the mighty world beaters boro ! He did in fairness say there had been low points but funnily enough no mention of 4-1 or 1-5. [:D]

"A man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."Judging by your last pictorial post Til, you have indeed wasted 30+ years of your life. No worries though as I am sure your friend Pete will come along and clear up your tracks for you again.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"] No worries though as I am sure your friend Pete will come along and clear up your tracks for you again.
[/quote]

Last  i heard he was busy with people with multiple accounts and one individual in particular who had a bee in his bonnet about alleged friendships.Funny you think the same.

So you think that your post depicting a child which in inferred to be a poor African child is acceptable for a cheap laugh then?

TIL-for once you were out of order, show some dignity and back off , going on the offensive is only questioning your credibility .

[quote user="Ashwood"]TIL-for once you were out of order, show some dignity and back off , going on the offensive is only questioning your credibility .[/quote]

I thnk it was a light hearted joke, something I found quite amusing, thats the problem with the world today, somebody always willing to be PC

Gay, black, jewish, irish jokes are always funny when your not the butt end of the joke. I bet that liitle kid would be chuffed to bits to find that someone in England thinks it is really funny to use his image to make a cheap joke about a football team.

I particularly like jokes about bald people...

The most expensive hair cut he''s ever had was £10. £9 was for the search fee.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Gay, black, jewish, irish jokes are always funny when your not the butt end of the joke. I bet that liitle kid would be chuffed to bits to find that someone in England thinks it is really funny to use his image to make a cheap joke about a football team.[/quote]The child looks sceptical to me, he knows he''s not in a good place, he struggles to believe there is anywhere else worse.

Please take the time to deconstruct the imagery and explain to us exactly what is perceived wrong with the picture as captioned, I''m genuinely interested where the root of the offence that has been taken by some lies?

I particularly like jokes about bald people...

The most expensive hair cut he''s ever had was £10. £9 was for the search fee.

[/quote]

Baldist.

I used to use ''Wash and Go'', now I use ''Wash and Gone''.

Zak - you answered your own question there -''the child looks sceptical to me, he knows he''s not in a good place''.

If you find the image of some under privileged poverty stricken child funny then you clearly have a different sense of humour to me, and thankfully, the majority of the rest of the civilised world.