Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Will Kei play tomorrow?

Hearing that CH was impressed but doesn''t want to rush him in. Surely he must be on the bench tomorrow.

We might need something different if things don''t go our way and it would be mystifying if he played no part in the squad. I know he''s only been in Pre-season in the US but my opinion is he should be thrown in then that way, if he''s not there fitness wise yet, then he knows what needs to be achieved to match the rest of the squad.

No.

Holt & Becchio reading Hoots prematch stuff.

Unless he''s bluffing. Oh I do like a little bluff occasionally.

I do not want to put a dampner on things here but it does seem that some supporters are pinning rather overmuch on the impact that KK might have on our team.

This signing is a shot in the dark and the player has a lot to prove. I am quite keen to see him come off big-time sooner rather than later and think that he could just  be a revelation, but I am reluctant to see him as saviour of some sort whose appearance in the yellow can''t come quick enough.

There is, IMO, no chance of KK kicking a ball in anger tomorrow, as exciting as it may seem. He has just arrived, has to acclimatise to many things, will not be match-fit and has much to learn. He also has to replace an established forward on the bench. Who? Jackson? Whilst I no longer value Simeon''s contribution that highly, I think that that would be a managerial decision of seismic proportions. Hoots doesn''t do seismic proportions.

In a way, I hope I''m wrong.

I''ll be more than content to see Becchio given more game-time, if appropriate, tomorrow. In every way, I hope I''m right.

I''m not pinning any hopes on him at all. I don''t expect a lot from him.

The fact that he''s on loan shows we''ve taken a bit of a punt and shows a bit of lack of faith. The lad had a trial at Stoke in the summer and failed to make an impression. We shouldn''t be expecting miracles.

I just want him involved asap. I think because Morison left we needed somebody decently priced and low risk to make the numbers up. Kei was the chosen one.

Also, why do people keep bringing up that Stoke rejected him?

Do they forget that Stoke also said no to Demba Ba?? That decision turned out well for them...

Stoke said no to Ba because of his knee problem and Ba wanted silly money despite a poor injury record. Stoke didn''t want to take the risk but rated him apparently.

Well sometimes players are just worth that gamble!

Hopefully Kei will prove many people wrong.

It''s only a loan, so what''s the worse that can happen

Not in the least bit interested in whether other clubs have rejected players that we might go onto sign, we are all looking for something different and I trust our management to get what''s right for us. Having said that with K there''s little lost if it doesn''t work out, I have a sneaking feeling it might turn out to be a bit of a coup in the end though.

Not in the least bit interested in whether other clubs have rejected players that we might go onto sign, we are all looking for something different and I trust our management to get what''s right for us. Having said that with K there''s little lost if it doesn''t work out, I have a sneaking feeling it might turn out to be a bit of a coup in the end though.

If we are playing a single striker, which I suspect we will, it would be harsh if KK leapfrogged past Becchio, who is fully match fit.I think the fact we have a few midfielders touch and go means perhaps we may go for two up top, but if I was Hughton I''d be loathe to tinker too much, we need the win.Just the fact KK is there, waiting in the wings might mean we get a few percent out of Holt or Becchio, theres more of a fight for places now.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Not in the least bit interested in whether other clubs have rejected players that we might go onto sign, we are all looking for something different and I trust our management to get what''s right for us. Having said that with K there''s little lost if it doesn''t work out, I have a sneaking feeling it might turn out to be a bit of a coup in the end though.[/quote]

On the basis Ipswich had Hoolahan on trial a few years back & decided ''he was too left-footed'' (according to one of their scouts I spoke with) - it means very little that any other club failed to take Kamara.

He could be amazing for us!

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Hearing that CH was impressed but doesn''t want to rush him in. Surely he must be on the bench tomorrow. We might need something different if things don''t go our way and it would be mystifying if he played no part in the squad. I know he''s only been in Pre-season in the US but my opinion is he should be thrown in then that way, if he''s not there fitness wise yet, then he knows what needs to be achieved to match the rest of the squad.[/quote]

He''s hardly likely to say, bugger, I''ve signed a duff one is he?

Ipswich did have a point re: Hoolahan, but he has enough skill for it not to be too much of an issue (though can be annoying!) - he''s certainly had the last laugh over them.

Re: Stoke turning Kamara down, they already had a surfeit of big guys like Kenwyne Jones, and just didn''t take the punt on him (+ he''d take up a squad slot) - it''s no biggie imo and it certainly doesn''t mean he isn''t good enough, he might just not suit their ''style''.

Tbh I doubt we''ll see him tomorrow, and if we do it will be only a short cameo.

It''s worth remembering that Stoke have better strikers on their books that we do. Grant Holt aside, Jackson will be off in the summer & Morison is back to his level. Stoke meanwhile have Kenwye Jones, Peter Crouch, Cameron Jerome, etc

I do not want to put a dampener on things here but it does seem that some supporters are pinning rather overmuch on the impact that KK might have on our team. This signing is a shot in the dark and the player has a lot to prove. I am quite keen to see him come off big-time sooner rather than later and think that he could just be a revelation, but I am reluctant to see him as saviour of some sort whose appearance in the yellow can''t come quick enough.

I agree with this, but I also feel that the final third of the season is the ideal time to bring him in on loan. His height and pace provide another option anywhere across the front line and like others, I hope it works out. If it doesn''t he goes back to KC at the end of the season. I like his enthusiasm and hunger (not exactly Stoke qualities!), and am looking forward to what he might bring to the team.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I do not want to put a dampener on things here but it does seem that some supporters are pinning rather overmuch on the impact that KK might have on our team. This signing is a shot in the dark and the player has a lot to prove. I am quite keen to see him come off big-time sooner rather than later and think that he could just be a revelation, but I am reluctant to see him as saviour of some sort whose appearance in the yellow can''t come quick enough. I agree with this, but I also feel that the final third of the season is the ideal time to bring him in on loan. His height and pace provide another option anywhere across the front line and like others, I hope it works out. If it doesn''t he goes back to KC at the end of the season. I like his enthusiasm and hunger (not exactly Stoke qualities!), and am looking forward to what he might bring to the team.[/quote]

Hooray..........then you went and spoiled it.