Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Becchio must start ahead of Holt

We played well defensively again, but until Becchio came on we did not threaten QPR enough to warrant the 3 points. Holt needs to raise his game or face being dropped, he did his best last season when Morison was playing well and giving Holt competition that he has not had this season in Jackson and Kane.

Hoots won''t change the system, I mean, we could drop a valuable point and nobody wants that!

I don''t think we threatened anymore when Becchio came on. Far from it.

Besides, apart from the fact that he hardly had contact with the ball, he wasn''t on for much more than five minutes.

Just more Holt bashing really, no foundation in fact whatsoever.

If we start with Becchio instead of Holt when we loose a game this forum will be full of people slating CH for daring to drop Holt. Can''t win . Everybody a manager

Although many will regard it as Holty bashing I''m afraid that the great man is no longer the goal threat he has been in the last three seasons. Whilst the change of tactics has undoubtedly contributed to this I also believe that age is taking its toll. We all recognise that there is more to Holty''s game than mere goal scoring it does become an issue when goals are hard to come by. 1 goal in the last 5 matches has to be a cause for concern and hopefully Becchio and Kamara will help with this.

If we received a decent oferf for the horse in the summer AND brought in a top-notch goal scorer I''d take the money.

Holt isn''t playing in the same manner as L1 though is he? We loved it when Holt/Hoolahan/C Martin were rattling in goal after goal, but CH has changed our way of playing.

I dare say Holt is a tad envious of Ricky Lambert''s performance in the Prem - he seems to have taken over where Holt left off...

Big Holt fan but I was disappointed today. We need to beat Fulham but with Hughton''s negativity and Holt''s lack of form/interest the best we can hope for is a draw. Certainly not a result that will keep us in the PL.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Big Holt fan but I was disappointed today. We need to beat Fulham but with Hughton''s negativity and Holt''s lack of form/interest the best we can hope for is a draw. Certainly not a result that will keep us in the PL.[/quote]

I despair at some of our fans.   A  good draw away from home against a team battling  for survival with money no object and still they moan on.    Holt is better in the team than out of it - he is still the main man and as Hughton keeps saying - there''s more to Holt than just goals - and every Norwich fan should know that after three and a half years.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Holt isn''t playing in the same manner as L1 though is he? We loved it when Holt/Hoolahan/C Martin were rattling in goal after goal, but CH has changed our way of playing.

I dare say Holt is a tad envious of Ricky Lambert''s performance in the Prem - he seems to have taken over where Holt left off...

[/quote]What he said.

Yeah let''s drop him because he''s been c*ap. Proper pants. In fact we did much better without him in that run of losses. Becchio proved in 5mins that he''s worth putting ahead of him.

On basis of five minutes it''s foolish to make any judgement. Becchio, who might turn out to be a similar type of player to Holt, will certainly add to Hoots options (2strikers, sub for Holt or the other way round), but it is a work in progress.

Holt''s doing fine considering he doesn''t get many chances. Becchio will play instead of Holt on the odd occasion to give him a breather rather than dropping him full time.

We have a striker who so far has scored 19 goals this season, full of onside nice and holt who has scored only four goals.

We need to incorporate the two.

Yes holty all these other things, but without goals and without shots we do not get wins.

Holty had one header and then one weak shot with 5 mins to. Go when he finally went it alone. You have to be selfish, yes he pressurised them, he was needed in defence but when we have a better first 11 hopefully we will be talking more about his play in the final third.

I do believe that in the summer with two new strikers coming in he will be behind those two as we look to move up in quality

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I don''t think we threatened anymore when Becchio came on. Far from it.

Besides, apart from the fact that he hardly had contact with the ball, he wasn''t on for much more than five minutes.

Just more Holt bashing really, no foundation in fact whatsoever.

[/quote]

100% agree Broadstears..........its the PU''s illness sadly.

I''m sure I heard the commentator say that Holt has 1 goal in his last 16 games.  I haven''t checked if that''s correct, I''m guessing that''s his goal against Swansea.  I think he''s been doing ok, but he seems to keep coming wide and dropping deeper to get the ball, and that''s why he''s not getting the goal scoring chances. 

I think the arguement has to be if we play Becchio or Hoolahan.  We know Holt is a natural goalscorer, so is Becchio.  There surely has to come a game soon, where we play both up front, and I hope its in one of these 2 home games coming up...

we could revert to the diamond for home games. this would allow all three to play together but possibly leave us exposed out wide. i believe CH has said he intends to play Holt and Bechio together next saturday, so he may be planning this.

If we relegate Becchio to late-game substitution, we shall be relegating a player who has scored 19 goals this season albeit in the Championship, in favour of one who has managed 4. We should cash in on him now!

I think that Becchio is a better finisher than Holt and probably as a good as a target man, (-although Holt offers other things to the side such as example and morale raising, or so we''ve been led to believe.)

I would like to see a two striker set up for home games at least, even if we have to be more defensive away from home, but if CH doesn''t want to risk this, then give them a half each to run themselves into the ground. The competition will do them both good!

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]

We played well defensively again, but until Becchio came on we did not threaten QPR enough to warrant the 3 points. Holt needs to raise his game or face being dropped, he did his best last season when Morison was playing well and giving Holt competition that he has not had this season in Jackson and Kane.

[/quote]

What a silly statement. Did you actually see the game?

Bunn made two saves, how many did ceasar make? Many more than bunn.

I thought we put in an effective away performance. I thought holt played well overall but hope bechio gets more time in the next game to stake a claim for a starting place.