Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Twitter & McNasty

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Reasonable Canary"]

I think it''s hilarious that people go to McNally with such trivial problems. What is the thought process with these people.

It''s like buying a focus and then asking the CEO of Ford for a quote on a service. Complete weirdos.

[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

Have you changed your opinion of our CEO then Tilly?

[/quote]

Not at all Butler but i find it interesting that you are reading a thread about Twitter unless of course you have changed your opinion with regard to Twitter and Facebook which is how the club now choose to communicate with fans.Some of us old uns have moved with the times whilst others still live in yesterdays world and subsequently left behind.

The point i was making is that no matter how you regard our CEO the juvenile tweets he gets do not warrant anyone on £1 million a year spending their valuable time answering questions a trained monkey could respond to.

[/quote]

No I haven''t changed my opinion as to the inherent dangers of both, time will tell if I am right or wrong.

I have spent most of my life working on tomorrows technology..so ahead rather than behind.

If I want to talk to someone I  care about I pick up a phone, or visit.

Don''t need my life plastered all over cyber space for all.

Pleased to see that Lapps leasons have helped you.

I agree about a waste of our CEO''s time , BUT when you put yourself in that position that''s what you will get, see first line above.[;)]

[/quote]

Facebook and Twitter information is only as good as what you put on it Butler.If people are daft enough to put private and confidential details on them well they ask for all the trouble that comes their way.Nothing wrong with getting an instant response from friends and family especially if they are thousands of miles away.A lot cheaper than snail mail or mobiles but i expect in your day you wrote a note and put it in a bottle before chucking it off Cromer pier in the hope that someone in Holland or Scandinavia wrote back to you.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Reasonable Canary"]

I think it''s hilarious that people go to McNally with such trivial problems. What is the thought process with these people.

It''s like buying a focus and then asking the CEO of Ford for a quote on a service. Complete weirdos.

[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

Have you changed your opinion of our CEO then Tilly?

[/quote]

Not at all Butler but i find it interesting that you are reading a thread about Twitter unless of course you have changed your opinion with regard to Twitter and Facebook which is how the club now choose to communicate with fans.Some of us old uns have moved with the times whilst others still live in yesterdays world and subsequently left behind.

The point i was making is that no matter how you regard our CEO the juvenile tweets he gets do not warrant anyone on £1 million a year spending their valuable time answering questions a trained monkey could respond to.

[/quote]

No I haven''t changed my opinion as to the inherent dangers of both, time will tell if I am right or wrong.

I have spent most of my life working on tomorrows technology..so ahead rather than behind.

If I want to talk to someone I  care about I pick up a phone, or visit.

Don''t need my life plastered all over cyber space for all.

Pleased to see that Lapps leasons have helped you.

I agree about a waste of our CEO''s time , BUT when you put yourself in that position that''s what you will get, see first line above.[;)]

[/quote]

Facebook and Twitter information is only as good as what you put on it Butler.If people are daft enough to put private and confidential details on them well they ask for all the trouble that comes their way.Nothing wrong with getting an instant response from friends and family especially if they are thousands of miles away.A lot cheaper than snail mail or mobiles but i expect in your day you wrote a note and put it in a bottle before chucking it off Cromer pier in the hope that someone in Holland or Scandinavia wrote back to you.[;)]

[/quote]

No we used trained kippers for that or homing bats for night deliveries.

I will stick to my methods, which work well for me and leave you yours.

By the way, never heard of remote communication between users....private AND individual...far better.

I am guessing this situation is part of the reason why the stewards were being so strict on us standing up against Fulham.

Supersub, I''ve also seen your twitter account and frankly I don''t believe Norwich are missing anything by you not renewing your season ticket, if your as negative in the stands as you are on your twitter account then you''ll be doing more harm then good

It''s good to talk Supersub, hope it goes well.

In life there are extremes of opinion, at a football club too, on a message board it''s distorted by individuals entertaining themselves, winding others up.

Glad progress has been made.

[quote user="Theoriginalsupersub"]Except what he posted on twitter was a complete lie. How do I know this? Because I''m the person in question.

I raised an issue with the club - I took my 74 year old father to his first ever match. He was abused and threatened by Norwich fans in the Lower Barclay. It was a horrible experience and the stewards did nothing.

We tried emailing the club, but our emails were totally ignored. We then (and only then) emailed David McNally. Even an auto response saying "I will reply to your email" would have been nice but we received nothing.

I then tweeted him twice, once about the abuse and lack of help from stewards, and once saying that if we didn''t get a response we would go to the papers. Not cool, maybe, but remember all the club needed to do was acknowledge our email and we gave it a month.

He chose not to retweet the stuff about my elderly father being abused and the stewards doing nothing, but DID RT the thing about going to the papers. There was NO justification to doing that apart from trying to make me look bad in front of Norwich fans and it worked. I got called a c**t, a gimp, a Mong and various other choice words.

I DID go into the club that afternoon it is true but I did NOT ask to speak to him. Why would I? Quite frankly, I didn''t want to speak to him after my experience, I was getting more and more disillusioned with the club. I merely went in to reception, asked for another contact name (they gave me Chris Bailey) and they asked me why. I told them briefly what I wanted to contact him about and then left. At no point, I reiterate, did I ask to speak to Mr. mcNally.

Now, either the reception staff misinformed him (highly unlikely) or he then went on twitter and attempted to drop me in it with Norwich fans a second time, as everyone knew it was me he was referring to.

I found him going on to twitter, lying and sh*t stirring to be deeply unprofessional.

So right now I am totally disillusioned with this club. And all they ever needed to do was respond to ONE email.

It''s not hard.......[/quote]where in the Barclay were you? did anyone else hear this?I miss arguing with troglodytes in the Barclay.... People who think because they are at the football they can act like goons... I can remember being in the bar at half time and some woman accidentally brushed this chaps arm waiting in line.. he was a tall bloke about 50-55 i''d say... he looked at this woman who was only tiny and shoved her....I waited till i got in line with him, Knocked his drink and pie on the floor after he had given over his money, before shouldering him out of the way to get my drink.. funny how when faced with a chap in his late 20''s (AS I was at the time) rather than a small, scrawny woman he didnt seem to want to be Billy big spuds then... Told him what i thought of his actions as i left the line too...

Well, my season ticket has now officially been cancelled. I''m sure no-one actually cares though :)

Personally, I feel quite sad at what this club has become - but I also fully appreciate that it has attained the promised land and therefore most fans will be happy, and why not? This is the premier league after all and why not enjoy it?

The inevitability of that unfortunately is the club has lost it''s soul and a lot of what, to me, made it special.

But I''m not gonna bleat about it. Perhaps success makes it inevitable.

I wish the club the very best and continued success, even though I don''t like what goes on behind the scenes.

You''re an idiot mate, plain and simple. ...in the kindest of way, of course! ;)

You took your old man into an inappropriate area of the ground, it was a few supporters who caused you issue, at a time where some supporters patience is being tested it''s gotta be said.

I can''t see how any of this is pinnable on to the club, let alone McNally!?

He never named you on twitter, you''re the one that has thrown your hat in the ring.

I just don''t understand what you want, football isn''t a first class BA flight to New York with Personal Assistants you know?

It''s your word against there''s.... Whoever they were. It''s over, move on.

Ah yes, but at one point during the conversation I had with the club, I was told that I must have been wound up, I must have been unpleasant and McNally must have been telling the truth and I must have demanded to speak to him. All completely untrue but the club''s reasoning behind this? The fact that I''d been in there. Apparently if I hadn''t been any of the above, then I would have called on the phone instead.

A hell of a leap of faith and a hell of an allegation to make too. I will say, though, that I was totally wrong on the timescale that Mr. McNally originally took to respond so hold my hands up to that.

It''s a difficult one. My major beef is the way Mr. McNally behaved on twitter. The club are never going to admit he did anything wrong, and neither will he. So really the reality is that I''m on a hiding to nothing. I accept that and the reality is that I am unhappy, there is no point in me continuing to waste my time and the clubs time. Best the season ticket goes to someone on the waiting list.

The club has no right of reply here so I will say no more. It wouldn''t be fair. Disagreements happen.

[quote user="Theoriginalsupersub"]Ah yes, but at one point during the conversation I had with the club, I was told that I must have been wound up, I must have been unpleasant and McNally must have been telling the truth and I must have demanded to speak to him. All completely untrue but the club''s reasoning behind this? [/quote]
The clubs reasoning, i would imagine, is that you were bragging about how ''I did twat one of them in the head'' on twitter ?!!
It takes about 2 minutes to look it up, and i''m sure their PR team is a lot smarter than me.

I have read this thread with interest. I don''t know the op from Adam and for all I know he might be an ''eloquent binner'' but I doubt it. What does bother me is that a few blindly believe anything spoken or written from inside the hallowed halls of NCFC. Surely you understand that while McNally has done a phenomenal job for our club he is probably just as driven as a certain PL and if a bigger club came along ( not vile, a proper big club ) he would be gone as fast as him. The ''be all and end all'' this season is staying in the premiership because we are a business and if it meant losing a couple of thousand season ticket holders to retain the status and they could get away with it the club would do it in a heartbeat. The higher up the food chain you get the more ruthless you get.

At no point does the op bad mouth NCFC and just appears saddened that a simple reply to an email would have done the trick. I admit probably not best idea to admit smacking one in the head even if I would have done the same. Would be interesting to know what action the club would have taken if the op and his father were black and the youths called him an ''old black c"nt '' ? Makes an interesting discussion though !

Wow that''s brilliant research skijumptoes, makes this bloke look like a roight ol'' plonker. The Internet never forgets.

I take it all back, McNally and the customer services department SHOULD have ignored this idiot.

On the bright side, two more casual tickets available for the rest of the season and two lucky buggers on the waiting list get to go straight into the Barclay Lower.

Probably told them to sit down.

Makes me laugh when people buy season tickets without knowing anything at all about the club, the Barclay Lower has never been more suitable than it is now to take a seventy something year old man.

Love to see how he''d have coped with the Barclay Lower twenty years ago. We can all assume that he has never been to Millwall away, would be in wheelchair if he''d smacked anybody down there.

Basically he has cancelled his season ticket because he knows that he can''t go back there after smacking somebody.

He is blaming the club for his idiocy in an attempt for them to move his season ticket seats. Dealt with this entirely the wrong way by attempting to blame the club for an altercation that he has been involved in.

A much smarter way would have been to stick a thread on here asking if anybody fancied swapping seats, would have had no shortage of takers for the Barclay Lower. Now he''s got no season ticket at all and will have to rejoin the bottom of a 1500 long waiting list.

Don''t worry supersub, will only take two and a half years.

[quote user="singupcarrowroad"]Basically he has cancelled his season ticket because he knows that he can''t go back there after smacking somebody.

He is blaming the club for his idiocy in an attempt for them to move his season ticket seats. Dealt with this entirely the wrong way by attempting to blame the club for an altercation that he has been involved in.

A much smarter way would have been to stick a thread on here asking if anybody fancied swapping seats, would have had no shortage of takers for the Barclay Lower. Now he''s got no season ticket at all and will have to rejoin the bottom of a 1500 long waiting list.

Don''t worry supersub, will only take two and a half years.[/quote]this!Something tells me that said "fan" isnt familiar with Carrow road... he will tell us he is.So then Supersub, im going to hazard a guess, with a 70 year old father you must be between 35-50... in 1998 we lost 4-0 to Charlton at Carrow Road in front of 9''765 people... probably our lowest ever attendance for a league game...Where was your season ticket seat back then?

I don''t think it matters whether he is a hardcore lifetime fan or a new fan, sounds like somebody has had the realisation that smacking somebody who sits very close to your season ticket seat and then announcing it on twitter is a very bad idea.

Makes me wonder whether his loud complaints to the club were made to preempt complaints which could potentially have been made about him by whoever it was that took his first in his face.

All this made more ridiculous by the fact that there is almost certainly a pair of adults somewhere reading this forum who would have been happy to pay the extra to convert one concession ticket into an adult ticket in the best part of the ground for less than half a season so that they can renew there.

Doubt the club would refuse to accommodate two pairs of adults engaging in a simple above-board season ticket swap, could even use some excuse about the old boy having a weak bladder and wanting to be closer to an aisle.

Some people just go about life with zero common sense.