Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Twitter & McNasty

Bloody hell some people have no sense.  McNally has had to make the following twitter posts today.  This follows someone who asked a question of him via e-mail, but hadn''t received a reply, so got shirty with McNally on twitter, so McNally retweeted to see if others had also been treated in a similar way.  The next the guy is marching into Carra to have it out with him!

mcnally@davidmcnally62

If you want to send a message privately, you can always email me David.mcnally@ncfc-canaries.co.uk and I will respond as soon as I can

mcnally@davidmcnally62 

Some one who I retweeted tried to visit me at the office today.The day before a game is always busy and so I can only see by appt

david mcnally@davidmcnally62

But my colleagues are busy as well and shouldn''t have to manage anyone wanting to see me because I retweeted them.

Twitter encourages all sorts of Nutters and I suppose the CE''s open approach only makes that worse. I do admire him however, even though he may not be actually dealing with all the tweets himself, it gives a really good impression that he listens and to some extent I thing he does, he will still do what he wants to do in the end of course. But what he does is refreshing and good for the club.

Except what he posted on twitter was a complete lie. How do I know this? Because I''m the person in question.

I raised an issue with the club - I took my 74 year old father to his first ever match. He was abused and threatened by Norwich fans in the Lower Barclay. It was a horrible experience and the stewards did nothing.

We tried emailing the club, but our emails were totally ignored. We then (and only then) emailed David McNally. Even an auto response saying "I will reply to your email" would have been nice but we received nothing.

I then tweeted him twice, once about the abuse and lack of help from stewards, and once saying that if we didn''t get a response we would go to the papers. Not cool, maybe, but remember all the club needed to do was acknowledge our email and we gave it a month.

He chose not to retweet the stuff about my elderly father being abused and the stewards doing nothing, but DID RT the thing about going to the papers. There was NO justification to doing that apart from trying to make me look bad in front of Norwich fans and it worked. I got called a c**t, a gimp, a Mong and various other choice words.

I DID go into the club that afternoon it is true but I did NOT ask to speak to him. Why would I? Quite frankly, I didn''t want to speak to him after my experience, I was getting more and more disillusioned with the club. I merely went in to reception, asked for another contact name (they gave me Chris Bailey) and they asked me why. I told them briefly what I wanted to contact him about and then left. At no point, I reiterate, did I ask to speak to Mr. mcNally.

Now, either the reception staff misinformed him (highly unlikely) or he then went on twitter and attempted to drop me in it with Norwich fans a second time, as everyone knew it was me he was referring to.

I found him going on to twitter, lying and sh*t stirring to be deeply unprofessional.

So right now I am totally disillusioned with this club. And all they ever needed to do was respond to ONE email.

It''s not hard.......

Well good luck with Chris Bailey because he is to customer care and customer relations what the Taliban are to democracy.

The club are too wrapped up in themselves at the moment, the money and the business as a whole has taken the spotlight and the customers/fans have been forced into the backseat. This is evident from the tweets and the above story, even to the players on the pitch. The football on the pitch is atrocious but that isn''t important at the moment. For that reason I''ve decided my interest in supporting NCFC is going to take a backseat too!

As grateful as I am for McNally and what he has done for this club, I have noticed the following:

1) He DOES shit-stir on Twitter and try to make people look stupid, for no apparent reason other than to belittle them or evoke the McNally bum lickers club into witch hunting them.

2) He IS getting a bit cocky and arrogant and obviously isn''t a particularly nice bloke.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Well good luck with Chris Bailey because he is to customer care and customer relations what the Taliban are to democracy.[/quote]Sounds like you also speak from experience!

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Well good luck with Chris Bailey because he is to customer care and customer relations what the Taliban are to democracy.[/quote]Sounds like you also speak from experience![/quote]

Indeed i do Matt.You are now regarded as a customer number and not by your name.We were certainly spoilt with the likes of Richard Gough and Andy Cullen.

I''m sorry to hear of the treatment to your father, but the lower barclay is probably not the best place to take a 74 year old to his first game...

Supersub, sometimes the I have children with me when I go to games, have sat in most areas with no major concerns. Can you share with us what the issue was with your father being abused, was he offended by bad language or people who had been drinking?

I am open minded and have no axe to grind, it just seems strange what happened to your father, if we identify the issue maybe we can all be more aware of the effect our actions have on others.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Well good luck with Chris Bailey because he is to customer care and customer relations what the Taliban are to democracy.[/quote]Sounds like you also speak from experience![/quote]

Indeed i do Matt.You are now regarded as a customer number and not by your name.We were certainly spoilt with the likes of Richard Gough and Andy Cullen.

[/quote]

Indeed, Andrew Cullen was a true gent and very good at his job, he did leave before the current regime was installed I believe.

It was to do with standing. We couldn''t go where our first choice would have been (The Jarrold - which is where my season ticket usually is) and the only place where we could get the number of seats together that we needed was in the Lower Barclay.

I will be honest and say that I hadn''t truly thought the standing issue through.

Anyway it very quickly became clear that everyone was going to stand, and my Dad was unable to do so due to nerve damage in his feet. I personally know what an emotive issue standing is - and I do believe that a standing area should be provided.

I didn''t want to cause a fuss so we moved him to the right end of the row so he could at least see most of the pitch.

This was fine until about 15 mins from the end when a group of five young lads came down from the back and stood behind one of the exits (by the barrier?). This obstructed my Dad completely and he couldn''t see a thing. He politely asked them to move to be told to "f**k off you stupid old c**t" and it all kind of kicked off from there and I got attacked when I defended him.

I stree again that I have no problems with standing which is why we moved him rather tha cause a fuss.

I should also add that extremely reluctantly this whole incident has made me decide to cancel my season ticket. I just feel totally,let down by the club. Lets not even consider the fact that when I did go in to the club that afternoon, their official parking provider slapped a £100 charge for parking on my car even though I wasn''t even on their land!

Guess they had to pay for the Abu Dhabi trip somehow :(

You are just as bad going on social media and forums like this moaning and groaning. You are right, you chose to go in the lower Barclay where you know people won''t sit all the time. Surely there were others seats in the ground? It seems you lot are making an assumption of our superb CEO who without HIM getting Paul on board we would still be in league one.

I do agree your father should not have got that abuse and in your position would have soon squashed those little kids faces into the concrete.

Hope you come back to CR soon.

Oh don''t get me wrong. I see Mr. McNally as being probably THE single most important factor behind the clubs rise to where it is now, and I guess "You can''t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" applies to a certain extent.

Lets not forget - if the CS team had responded the CE should never have been involved. It shouldn''t really be him replying to emails and tweeting to be fair. And I know from my own job that when you are insanely busy and under pressure you will come across as more curt than you mean to sometimes.

I just hope that the club don''t end up breaking too many eggs.

I think it''s hilarious that people go to McNally with such trivial problems. What is the thought process with these people.

It''s like buying a focus and then asking the CEO of Ford for a quote on a service. Complete weirdos.

So if you have a matter regarding, say, ticket prices your FIRST point of call is the CEO!?

Customer services, surely. Like I said, weirdos.

He probably didn''t have time to sign Gary Hooper because Mrs Goggins in the City Stand was complaining about the temperature of the bovril.

As much as I think of McNally I am afraid airing his dirty laundry in public like this is unprofessional.The classier way would have been to sort it out in a more private medium.

[quote user="Reasonable Canary"]

So if you have a matter regarding, say, ticket prices your FIRST point of call is the CEO!?

Customer services, surely. Like I said, weirdos.

He probably didn''t have time to sign Gary Hooper because Mrs Goggins in the City Stand was complaining about the temperature of the bovril.

[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="Reasonable Canary"]

I think it''s hilarious that people go to McNally with such trivial problems. What is the thought process with these people.

It''s like buying a focus and then asking the CEO of Ford for a quote on a service. Complete weirdos.

[/quote]

[Y]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Reasonable Canary"]

[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

Have you changed your opinion of our CEO then Tilly?

[quote user="morty"]As much as I think of McNally I am afraid airing his dirty laundry in public like this is unprofessional.

The classier way would have been to sort it out in a more private medium.

[/quote]

FACT!!!!!!!!!! No-one forced McNally to close down the message-board on the official site.

FACT!!!!!!!!!! No-one forced McNally to start using twitter.

FACT*!!!!!!!! McNally enjoys using twitter to play up his hard-man image.

---

*Opinion dressed up as fact.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]As much as I think of McNally I am afraid airing his dirty laundry in public like this is unprofessional.The classier way would have been to sort it out in a more private medium.

[/quote]

FACT!!!!!!!!!! No-one forced McNally to close down the message-board on the official site.FACT!!!!!!!!!! No-one forced McNally to start using twitter.FACT*!!!!!!!! McNally enjoys using twitter to play up his hard-man image.---*Opinion dressed up as fact.

[/quote]Wow, red type, thats a break from the norm.[:D]

It''s sad to hear what''s happened, but ultimately being a season ticket holder you hold some responsibility in re-seating him. You know the best areas of the ground surely?

And what can the club do?! It''s your word against a group of supporters word.. If the stewards got involved and the other group claimed your father abused them to start with (Which is what would happen), there''s very little they can do but tell you both to pack it in.

Personally, i feel areas like the Lower Barclay and Snakepit need to retain a certain edge, you can be polite in the remaining 70-80% of the ground!

I must admit if i was out with the lads, was getting frustrated watching the match and i had some old guy yelling at me from behind to sit down i would probably throw some f words back eventually.

I wouldn''t do it in the street, and it''s generally not how i would react, but i can get very emotional at footy. Plus the pack mentality in lads... It''s just got to be expected in those areas mate.

McNally doesn''t need to answer the stupid questions, he is more than capable of ignoring them and posting a status such as "A reminder: All general matchday inquiries to customer service please".

As soon as he answers a few stupid questions he opens the floodgates to hundreds more. Then he patronises people for asking silly questions, after effectively inviting them through his own actions.

He needs to develop a clear and stringent personal Twitter policy and stick to it, or he needs to get off of twitter. Simple.

I object to people likening this chaps problem with the people who ask ridiculous questions like "are there any tickets left" or "why isn''t ruddy playing", because clearly this chap had started his complaint at the lowest level and graduated it up the hierarchy to the point at which he felt he had no choice but to contact the head of the company.

That''s pretty standard with any organization, and if you were the CEO of a business you would surely LIKE to know when your customer service department is ignoring emails and failing to return phone calls?

This whole scenario does not lead me to conclude that the customer is wrong but rather the following:

1) Norwich City FC customer service is lacking.

2) The CEO doesn''t care about that.

In any other business that would be concerning, right?

To be fair, McNally''s account is a personal one, it''s not an official Norwich Twitter account, managed by the PR team for example.

And we''ve all just followed him and now he''s being used for customer services and all kind of bizarre questions.

I imagine he started up to keep in contact with his daughter etc.

Why don''t people address issues to @norwichcityfc ? (Or whatever it is)