Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Is Harry Kane the worst striker in NCFC history?

Just as an aside, I''ve realised who he reminds me of! :http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/528xn/p00y8g7r.jpgNot a good association ...

The worst striker in NCFC history?Ladies & Gentlemen, give up for...Darren Beckford.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well I''d have been tempted to leave him on with Holt and sub Jackson instead.

[/quote]

Agreed. Thought Kane looked more likely to create something/cause Luton a problem.

There''s no doubt Kane was the result of a failed hunt to bring in a striker during the summer. Our recent rejection of bids is very worrying. I hope we don''t bring out another panic buy...

Yesterday we had two supposed ''Premier League'' strikers against a conference defense and they never looked like scoring in the first half. Unfortunately neither is good enough. Personally I''d rather have Chris Martin instead of Kane.

Paul Peschsolido must be up there. He was effing useless when on loan with us!

Honourable mentions also to Oli Johnson (it was glossed over at the time, but a very poor striker!), Omar Koroma and Mike Sheron.

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]I''ve seen better strikers in under 10''s football. He is a disgrace to football!

Goran Maric is the only one who comes close.

Spurs must be laughing that they tricked us into taking him![/quote]

Think we should put him on the bus after the Spurs game

Never have I seen a poor forward like him

Probably not but he isn''t producing the goods!

Kane has potential but he shouldn''t be playing in the top flight, at the moment he is lower Championship/ top half League 1 at best!

Like many have said, he was a last minute acquisition in the last transfer window cause we were unable to sign anyone!

Wilbraham done a job as a squad player last season. I still maintain we''d of been better of if we had given him another one year deal and he''d of done a similar job!

Does my memory deceive me(it usually does), but was''nt Paul Dalgleish a so-called striker. He was absolute sh!te.

Kane is a young player with talent who needs game time to improve and develop.   Whether he should be at Norwich is a question you can ask, but he has the potential to be a very good player at the top level - I guess that is why he is here.    I don''t think he''s had enough time to show what he can do yet.   Trouble is, the negative mob will stick their knives in and moan and groan whenever he appears - much like they did with Morison last year - thats really going to help....................

[="K Lo"]
The worst striker in NCFC history?

Ladies & Gentlemen, give up for...

Darren Beckford.

Beckford did score goals for us even if he was a flop!

I remember the hat trick he got against Everton at home in March 1992.

Beckford scored 11 goals in his 1st season for us then about 4-5 the next until he was sold to Oldham towards the end of the season!

Those stats makes him far from the worst striker in our history and is probably much, much more than what Harry Kane will ever do for Norwich City!

[quote user="Orford65"]Does my memory deceive me(it usually does), but was''nt Paul Dalgleish a so-called striker. He was absolute sh!te.
[/quote]

Show how good my memory is, Forgot all about him, probably equal to Kane 

Kane was a last minute panic loan because we''d let Vaughan out and hadn''t been able to buy a replacement. If we hadn''t been at Spurs that night for a game the next day and Hughton hadn''t asked for a favour from his old club he''d never have come here.

To be fair we needed another body up front and if we couldn''t get anyone else it was better to have a punt on someone who might have come off than to have had nobody at all.

It was always a long shot though and it hasn''t come off. We don''t benefit when he''s on the pitch at the moment, only Spurs will eventually. If we''re going to carry a young striker who isn''t ready I''d rather it be one of the Murphy''s as at least we''ll benefit from that experience in the long run.

I suspect the Darren Beckford myth is kept going by fans who were teenagers around Beckfords Carrow Road era (1991-1993) and knew nothing other than us being one of the better top flight clubs!

Beckford was our record signing at the time (£900,000) and undoubtedly didn''t do what we expected and we should have got his mate Robbie Earle instead but I''ve seen far worse!

Dean Coney, Paul Dalglish, Ryan Jarvis, Ian Henderson (yes he played as a striker at times), OJ Koroma and unfortunately Harry Kane are all 1989- present, examples who combined will never produce what Beckford did on his own!

Pretty unfair to blame Kane. He is a 19 yar old with no premier league experience and has only recently come back from a broken foot. He actually looked ok in the first half yesterday, certainly no worse than anyone else. The blame should lie with the management - with everyone knowing we needed a striker in August we were left with a panic loan signing that we just managed to squeeze through as the window slammed shut.

He''s only a youngster and it would have been a better idea for him to be loaned to a championship club to gain experince. The Premier is just a step too far for him at the moment.

Is he our worst striker? No. But we are not the place to learn at the mo

The strikers movement fortheir goal sadly showed what our strikers have failed to offer this year.