Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Philipp Hosiner...

First of all this isn''t a rumour or anything along those lines.

I have an uncle out in Austria and he said this guy should be looked at by Norwich. He plays for FK Austria Wien and is fairly quick, good with both feet and in the air. He has scored a decent amount of goals so far.

Anyone heard of him?

I too have heard of a player, this time in Hungary, who is amazing and Norwich should definitely sign him too.

You been playing football manager or something?!

Renksay has been raving about him on here. Don''t know much about him to be honest. Which isn''t a rare occurrence.

My uncle is a massive fan of his, but today was the first I''ve heard of him

Hosiner has been mentioned on other sites but the details are vague as yet, though one site claimed City were trying to sign him in time to play against Newcastle. I don''t know if there is anything in it, just reporting what has been said.

I''ve heard of him and he seems to be ok, but I would rather we spend £4-6m on an english striker (hooper, Graham, Austin) rather than £2-3m on a foreign player.

This season he scored 21 goals in 20 league games which is a great retrun, even in the not particularly strong Austrian Bundesliga. He''s a  young, up and coming Austrian talent. According to transfermarkt.co.uk his market value is around 2m euros, and increasing.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]I''ve heard of him and he seems to be ok, but I would rather we spend £4-6m on an english striker (hooper, Graham, Austin) rather than £2-3m on a foreign player.[/quote]

I bet Swansea are saying the same thing as they paid an almighty £2m for Michu!!!!

Why pay over the odds for home grown ''talent''!

I think he means he''d rather someone more proven in english football... I seehis point, but i''d like 1 of each or is that too greedy?

1 wildcard from abroad who in a year could be worth £20m or £20k and 1 more steady option from a domestic club who we will probs get what we pay for.

Yes I''m a big fan of his, but I noticed a little while ago that he has already played for 2 clubs this season and due to FIFA regulations he would be ineligible for a move until the summer

I still definitely think we should make a move for him then before the interest in him really hots up and his price soars

Yeah Renskay mentioned him a few times and someone else then told us he''s already played for more than one club recently so not going to happen yet. Plenty of potential

Carlos Bacca was the other player I mentioned YC,

Now on 17 goals in 17 and he really does look as if he could be something special.

To be honest I would be very happy with 2 European based players, they have great hunger for the premier league, have had the limelight in their own respective leagues ( certainly with stats like above) but quite simply I do not rate the British market that highly. I also think our English players have got used to the money and the lifestyle. Europeans haven''t and as tettey said on his arrival training was very strict in Europe.

It is very rare that a striker who has bought from lower leagues has an immediate reaction. Ashton and brunt are two that spring to mind. Blackburn bought in a striker a fair few years ago.

But value for money, less pressure as unknown and also premiership teams are a little less aware.

I don''t think hooper will get much better and the figures mentioned are ridiculous.

Would love Carlos Bacca at Norwich. Saw a few crazy rumours on the make believe sites.

Really think its possible?

I honestly think Hooper would score goals at any level like Jelavic. He''d be good for us because of his effort and energy too, which is ideal with our style. Too much money for us though I think and too much competition will bump up the price to stupid money. Bacca would be great, but don''t think we have any link to him atm..doesn''t mean we''re not looking though. Who knows?!