Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

luciano becchio

I don''t know much about him honestly.

But most people seem to be happy if we got him so that is good enough me plus our other Leeds recruits have certainly not let us down so far.

All things considered, I think it''s more likely he''ll move in the summer if Leeds miss out on promotion. By then he''ll only have 1 year left on his contract and hence should be a bit cheaper.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well he is 29 now and played all his fotball in league 1/championship. [/quote]

Sounds very similar to a certain grant holt

But I agree I dont really want him (prefer Lita for eg) and signing him would feel like a cheap option.

He''s defintely a fox in the box, but not convinced he would suit our current style of 4-2-3-1.  He''s a bit one dimensional which is why despite all his goals he is not always a first choice up front at Dirty.  Potentially an improvement to our subs, but would he want to come somewhere where he is not guaranteed first choice in line-up?

He makes No.4 on Matt Stranger''s top ten signings to avaid in the january transfer window on Football365.com stating "4. Luciano BecchioAlthough Becchio has an impressive record for Leeds and lies third in the Championship top-scorers list with 15 goals, it''s clear that he''s currently playing at the very peak of his powers. At 29, there is little room for improvement in the striker''s ability and any move for Becchio by a Premier League club would only serve as a desperate quick-fix mid-way through the season. It''s likely that the Argentine would struggle with the step up to the top flight and considering that he''s also ''a bit of a sh*thouse,'' according to Nick Miller, it would be best not to hand Leeds an inflated fee this month."