Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

NUFC V NCFC

Newcastle have lost their last three league games, they are there for the taking.

Forgot to mention, we have lost our last four league games, oh dear.

Seriously, NUFC have not won away all season, their away form is woeful and they have players missing.

Three points in the bag.

Or if they don''t Pardew may stick out a really weak squad, lose badly, and send a message to Ashley.

It is a very winable game for us, so i predict a frustrating draw.

Cisse in injured I think.

Will be very very disappointing if we don''t win, they have no first team strikers available I believe, unless they sign someone, as mentioned have a rubbish away record and we have lost four in a row, time to bounce back, we cannot lose five in a row, even after a 10 game unbeaten run that''s just a bit too much.

Hate it when people assume we''re going to win and it''ll be an easy 3pts.Everyone should know by now that nothing is guaranteed in the world of football. Of course I''d be disappointed if we lose or draw, but regardless of Newcastle form, it would be unwise to think this is an automatic win for us.Both teams have lost a few games and both will be trying to get a result and stop the rot.

Given that we have lost the last 4 games albeit by the oddgoal and some really hard fixtures coming up this is a fixture in which we need points. at the start of the season we would possibly have settled for a point but now we will be disappointed if we do not get all 3. We know they are weakened at the moment but still have sufficient quality to damage us if we do not play well

I think it''ll be very difficult. Cisse has a ''knock'' so will more than likely be fit and i''m sure I read somewhere that Ben Arfa could be back to face us. I''ve got a nagging feeling of foreboding about this one but hope i''m wrong.

I''m travelling from Rotherham to Lowestoft on Thursday to stay with friends before heading to the game on Saturday. Fingers crossed it''s a worthwhile trip.

I''m the same. Every game is so difficult and if you go into it thinking it will be an easy 3 points you''re in for a nasty shock. I heard Cabaye and Taylor may be back for them. If so, that would be a massive boost for them.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]ImDrunky, I hate when people get upset at people thinking the team they support will win a game...[/quote]How did you come up with the conclusion I am upset? Very strange thing to say. I think we should win this game, I just said it will be foolish to think it will be an easy game.

Your post made me think that, only one poster said it would be easy, and hopefully they were being sarcastic, not sure why every single word is taken seriously on the Internet (ok, yeah I take something''s too seriously too...)

Everyone does however know nothing is guaranteed, OT just in football but in everything, that''s a simple premis everyone knows, I just don''t get why a positive post by someone saying they think we will win and essentially moan about one little phrase. I think we will win, infant I expect a win, I think we will win every game, it''s just how I am.

[quote user="Number 9"]The language and semantics of your post convey that Drunky.

What score do you think it will be then?[/quote]Still don''t get how anyone could come up with the assumption I was upset. But I apologise if it sounded like that, didn''t mean too. Of course there''s nothing wrong with thinking your team will win, I obviously want my team to win too. I''m just maybe more precautious than everyone else. Like Yellows said, you could set yourself up to a nasty shock if you expect an easy win. I don''t like to predict the score as I''m normally wrong, but it will probably be a close one.

I''m all for positivity, make a change for all the negative and moaning. Was just adding my opinion, didn''t mean to sound like I was moaning or anything :)

NU also lost their 3rd Round game, and we dominated ours, so it''s not unreasonable to think we should win this one as we''ve got it turned around and they still haven''t. Also, their abysmal road record helps.

A potentially defining match - lose this and it will become seven in a row without a victory.. Given Newcastle''s current difficulties it looks likes a good time to play them, just like last season.