Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Watling writes off £1.5m debt in will

Mr G Watling was a true Gentleman in every sense. A memorial to this fine individual would be very fitting. 

Alan Sugar take note!......

What an amazing gesture. I''m glad he lived long enough to see City struggle out of the mire of the mid-Nineties.

absolutely. a statue. but please not a museum.

kathy b is quoted in the article something like "preston north end have a museum so why can''t we?"

well kathy, pne is really just a host venue for the NATIONAL football museum, primarily because it was one of the founding clubs of the football league back in 18something or other. It''s not a PNE museum. and it''s very good. i fear a museum for just one club would not get sufficient support to keep it open.

[quote]absolutely. a statue. but please not a museum. kathy b is quoted in the article something like "preston north end have a museum so why can''t we?" well kathy, pne is really just a host venue for the...[/quote]

unless you happen to be man utd, who have their very own museum!!

Agree re: a statue. Not just because he saved our club, but because he looked very much like Monty Burns from The Simpsons.http://www.rant.com/Monty_Burns.jpg

[quote]Agree re: a statue. Not just because he saved our club, but because he looked very much like Monty Burns from The Simpsons.http://www.rant.com/Monty_Burns.jpg[/quote]

What are you on Drinks??

You obviously never saw Geoffrey Watling in the flesh, or it would never occur to you to compare him to Mr Burns.

I think the least should be that the heart of the club (admin, dressing rooms etc) should be renamed the Geoffrey Watling Stand

Wouldn''t have hurt to have tacked on Arthur to the South stand either - Jarrold my ****

How long before the Barclay is renamed ?

A true gentleman who gave everything to Norwich and took only respect from our club. Of course there should be a statue.