Sign in to follow this  
Jakesacanary

Charlie Austin is in the building

Unless he''s been seen in ASDA, or Hughton''s car is parked at a funny angle, I''m sorry but I don''t believe you.

To be fair, we''ve done well to get to 8th Jan and this be the first ''he''s in the building'' thread.  Where''s GNG when you need him?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]To be fair, we''ve done well to get to 8th Jan and this be the first ''he''s in the building'' thread.  Where''s GNG when you need him?
[/quote]

Well you''v done it now, he''ll be lurking around the Colney today 

[quote user="ncfcstar"]To be fair, we''ve done well to get to 8th Jan and this be the first ''he''s in the building'' thread.  Where''s GNG when you need him?
[/quote]

Unless this bloke can confirm that he doesn''t normally post rumours and is wearing a tin hat but that he''s got a mate who''s seen Austin and is a reliable source I may have to pass on this one.

I got Steve Austin boxed set in my building on the 25th December. Have watched the first two series and now into the third series, for those who were born in the 60''s and watched the Siz Million Dollar Man, it''s a must buy.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Unless he''s been seen in ASDA, or Hughton''s car is parked at a funny angle, I''m sorry but I don''t believe you.
[/quote]

Agreed!

I was near Carrow Road about half an hour ago, all quiet on the Western Front from what I could see - so a rumour this shall remain

Anyone using "in the building" is obviously channeling Good News Gordon and the "Shola is in the Building" post that all but destroyed this message-board. Good to see some throwback windups here.

Hmm if only I could believe this from the guy who a while ago said Ole S was definitely taking over at Villa to calm all our nerves! I struggle to see how anyone would not want this guy in our team though  as he fits the bill exactly. Scoring goals for fun in Champs in a mid table team, still young at 23 and getting better each season.To me better than CMS and Graham put together, is a real prospect and if I were CH would push all my money on him to secure our Prem status, we really do not need any more midfield or defenders.

Like CJ, given the choice of Charlie Austin, CMS or Danny Graham then Austin has to be the man. At 23 he''s experienced, knows how to find space and possesses the uncoachable skill of being in the right place at the right time.

I still think we''re more likely to bring in a surprise signing from abroad though!...

Obvious wind up - OP has not responded since.

Shame as I would be pretty pleased with Austin - I did mention this back in August and was completely slated for it!

Yes, Evesham. I can''t recall, but if I was one of the people who slated you, then I''m sorry.

I think what thenorthstand said in a previous thread about him was very interesting and- given his impressive knowledge of Austin- I think he should be considered the in-house expert on him.

[quote user="TheEarlyMilkman"]Whatever football name pops up people on here will never believe it until the player has signed on the dotted line

Perfettic[/quote]

What''s pathetic about that?

Any news other than official club news is very very likely to be baseless.

Why does everyone get slated for bringing a players name up??? I thought this was a discussion board, but anyone tht wants to discuss a player, they get hounded for it!!

Because someone didn''t suggest Austin as a player for us, they stated as fact that he was at Carrow Road about to sign for us.

Isn''t that obviously going to piss people off?

I don''t hound people for suggesting names. I can have a strong opinion about those named, but that''s about it.

I merely apologised above because, in the summer, I considered Austin to be overrated and, ultimately, not that good.

I was wrong. He''s good. And he''s welcome.

I saw Hughton lacing his boots up at Carrow Road. Maybe he''s going to coming out of retirement and fill Garrido''s place.

I would love to see us sign maybe 2 strikers, get rid of morrison. Would give Grant a bit more competition and hopefully add more competition. Any 2 out of austin , CMS and Hooper would work fine. Think we need to keep Jacko as he still has so much to offer and gives us something different as long as Hughton uses him/ can put in those killer passes from the left.