Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Sacked in the morning...

They look like they have relegation written all over them.The Viler fans are revolting.I wonder how ''BIG'' they will be in the Championship next season?[:D]

http://www.sportinglife.com/other-sports/news/article/67/8386649/paul-lambert-cut-for-the-sack bookies dont seem to think he will last much longer either

It seems to me that he''s made the cardinal mistake of assuming that, because he got us  up from the Championship using young, hungry, unproven players, he could walk into an established Prem club, dump the seniors and do the same thing. It''s backfired massively and it looks like it''s only a matter of time now. Of course, if he does get binned its going to set his career back a coupkle of seasons or so.

I doubt he will be sacked and I doubt Villa will be relegated.Its still QPR, Reading and Southampton for me.

Villa are in a nightmare situation. They can''t sack lambert as they will look completely incompetent, especially after the comments when the got him, they also can''t replace him with anyone better. And to add that they have only just reached an agreement with city ove compo makes it all too difficult to give him the bullet.

However things can change very quickly, if he wins Saturday he could be within 3 points of us and I fully expect them to hammer Bradford at home and reach the final thus making last nights game irrelevant. Villa are no worse than last year IMO, the competion is just better and they have not improved.

Let''s just get the 2-3 quality signings we need to sustain our position and keep ahead of villa. Finish above them and we survive.

I would be surprised if he was sacked. Lerner is not a trigger-happy owner, and Villa''s position (unlike Reading''s probably) is nowhere near terminal. As has been pointed out they are not even in the relegation zone. A couple of experienced players (in defence and midfield perhaps) and they could easily survive.

I really can''t understand the vernom that some posters have towards Mr Lambert. He did a fantastic job for us and left us with a very good group of players. For what ever reason he decided to move on to a new job and he''s public enemy No1. Things aren''t working out for him at Villa,  I think Villa will achieve survival and also go on to reach the Capital one final - having knocked us out on the way.

Chris Hughton is doing a sterling job here and we are moving forward so why do we need all this sniggering at Mr Lamberts expense?

Providing we are okay, he really is a part of our history and good luck to him I say.

I know you can''t rely on twitter talk, but a local freelance journo''s tweet about the Villa Board meeting today to discuss the impact of last night''s result is doing the rounds.   Hmm, maybe he won''t get a chance against Soton to put things right despite Lerner not being trigger happy.

Freelance journalist@indykaila

Aston Villa Board meeting taking place regarding Paul Lambert this Morning via West Midlands source. Will update later today. Testing times

Lose to Southampton and he has real problems,think they will beat Bradford so another cup game plus away to Millwall bin the FA Cup kicked to pieces on the pitch (and off it ) injuries will mount up,great to read some of the Villa fans take on things at the moment

I don''t really hold anything against Paul Lambert. He did amazing things for our club and he got out while he was on top.

Like it or not Villa are a bigger club than us (possibly a much bigger club). They''ve won considerably more silverware than us (including a European Cup), have a bigger stadium and a bigger fan base. They could be viewed as a bit of a sleeping giant and if PL thought he had taken Norwich as far as he could then you can understand why he moved on - and we always knew he would move on for a bigger club at some point.

I can''t really see Villa getting rid and I think they''d be making a mistake if they did.

[quote user="Wiz"]

Villa Talk banned me and all I did was Hex them.

Seems a tad touchy to me. [;)]

[/quote]Good. Ive been on that site a couple of times and some of the sh1t you spew on there is embarrassing.

Bigger they should be with the population within an hours drive... and yes agree he had taken us as far as HE could and we now have someone better to take us on.

Nothing against him, just the way he handled himself when he left. We and the villa fans knew he was on his way to Vile at the last game of the season.If anything I felt he had his sights too low by going for Villa.

As for "Sleeping Giant"....just like Leeds, Wolves, Bradford Burnley...do I need to go on.

Result of Board Meeting at Villa today

Freelance journalist@indykaila

Exclusive: Aston Villa have made early enquires this morning for Roberto Di Matteo via club source.

If that had happened at Carrow road Lambert would walk immediately.

Step, virtually all big populations have corresponding larger number of teams competing for that pool of people. Greater Birmingham- 3 million people with 6 football teams (5 sizeable ones). Norfolk+North Suffolk 1 million people, 1 club.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Step, virtually all big populations have corresponding larger number of teams competing for that pool of people. Greater Birmingham- 3 million people with 6 football teams (5 sizeable ones). Norfolk + Suffolk 1 million people, 1 club.[/quote]

Corrected it for you.

I think Lambert lost his touch somewhat and/or his luck began to run out midway through last season... Our final performance looked good because of a couple of strong results towards the end, but remember we had a poor 10-game run in march/april, only the last 4 or 5 that we picked up again and by that point the players may well have already gotten an inkling that PL was planning to walk in the summer...

Not knocking what he did for us in getting us up to the top flight in the first place, but the whole thing about him being able to take mediocre players and turn them into top-flight stars is increasingly looking like a myth - I think Norwich got lucky in that several genuine talents were brought in and flourished, but remember PL also signed a fair number who didn''t make the grade for us too.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]I think Lambert lost his touch somewhat and/or his luck began to run out midway through last season... Our final performance looked good because of a couple of strong results towards the end, but remember we had a poor 10-game run in march/april, only the last 4 or 5 that we picked up again and by that point the players may well have already gotten an inkling that PL was planning to walk in the summer... Not knocking what he did for us in getting us up to the top flight in the first place, but the whole thing about him being able to take mediocre players and turn them into top-flight stars is increasingly looking like a myth - I think Norwich got lucky in that several genuine talents were brought in and flourished, but remember PL also signed a fair number who didn''t make the grade for us too.[/quote]

I''m struggling to think of anyone, with the exception of Steven Smith (who I believe Mr Chester may have played a part in bringing to the club) who didn''t do the job he brought them in to do for us. Vaughan didn''t work out either, but that wasn''t down to a lack of ability.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]

Did Lambert bring in McNamee or was that Gunny?

[/quote]

Lambert. Don''t think you can count McNamee as a failed signing. He was brought in to help us get out of League One, which he did.

Paul Lambert was one pillar of our success; the others (arguably) included:

The unstinting support through the gates.

Michael Foulger.

The Chairman.

The CEO.

Grant Holt.

Wes Hoolahan.

Russell Martin.

Lambert the NCFC Manager is rightly in the Hall of Fame.

Lambert the returning fist pumper is rightly in the Dog House. NCFC fans showed real class towards him of a type rarely seen in modern football and he showed none.

I should have added Ian Culverhouse to the above list.

Having said all this, all I care about is three points from Saturday''s home game and getting that losing run out of our system. We need to get to 40 points asap with the ideal being well safe by the time AVFC come back to visit.

When Villa beat us in the Cup I consoled myself with ''what comes around goes around'' and for us to be safe and them to be in danger of the drop would mean a very enjoyable match in prospect.

Keep your powder dry, Canaries. Let''s see ourselves right and the chance for the mother of all gloats may well take care of itself.

Granted he did that. I guess i''m hard pushed to think of any either really. Even fleeting appearances from the likes of Michael Rose were warranted and ''did a job'' for us.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]Granted he did that. I guess i''m hard pushed to think of any either really. Even fleeting appearances from the likes of Michael Rose were warranted and ''did a job'' for us.[/quote]

Yup the likes of Stephen Elliott and Rob Edwards all played important parts.

Thinking about it, I''d say De Laet could probably be considered a failure, but Lambert and Cully got it right 99% of the time. Back on topic, Villa would be foolish in my opinion to pull the trigger, he''s an exceptional talent and I have no doubt he''ll turn it round if he''s given the time and the backing.

I have to agree, given time and backing financially Lanmbert will turn Villa around and gain promotion next year.

I still don''t think Villa, despite their current black hole, are as bad as 3 of the other teams at the bottom

Mr Brownstone, the population of Norfolk+Suffolk would be about 1.6million. Norfolk`s population was 850,800 in 2008 according to wikipedia.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Mr Brownstone, the population of Norfolk+Suffolk would be about 1.6million. Norfolk`s population was 850,800 in 2008 according to wikipedia.

[/quote]

Yeah, I just meant there was only 1 team in Norfolk & Suffolk.