Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Sacked in the morning...

Villa forums saying he worst manager they never had, average signings at best and doesnt know how to organise a defense. Tbh, his record fr them is terrible and this whole trusting youth crap will only take a team so far. Glad we are rid of him tbh, yes he did great for us. But i think with the same mentality and no signings such as tettey and bassong, prob some not delveoped youngsters instead. We would be going down fir sure imo.

He''s certainly struggling, and also getting ''bad rub of the green'', I also wonder how much he was focused on the legal action with Norwich during his start...

Bent off the bench... missed open goal, taken off injured later.

I think the senior players don''t want to play for him. (Bent, abonglahor, ireland, etc.)They might chuck the game saturday so he gets the sack!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Villa forums saying he worst manager they never had, average signings at best and doesnt know how to organise a defense. Tbh, his record fr them is terrible and this whole trusting youth crap will only take a team so far. Glad we are rid of him tbh, yes he did great for us. But i think with the same mentality and no signings such as tettey and bassong, prob some not delveoped youngsters instead. We would be going down fir sure imo.[/quote]

While i miss the cavalier approach, i think your totally right we have a much better chance of surviving this season without him.

I think he really needs senior players to buy into what he''s doing. Him and Norwich were right for each other at the time and when players start kicking against his regime it all comes crumbling down.

really, really finding it hard not to laugh at him and villa, esp living in Midlands where know lots of villa fans.

But going to bite my tongue until they are actually knocked out and then really going to give them some grief :)

[quote user="Yellow Messiah"]

Chelsea 8 - 0 Villa

Villa 0 - 4 Spurs

Villa 0 - 3 Wigan

Bradford 3 - 1 Villa

Not looking good is it Mr Lambert?

[/quote]

It''s not because of PL that I''m delighted with the results - its because it destroys the confidence of AV and thereby becoming more & more likely to be joining QPR and Reading in the Championship

...and no - not sacked in the morning - please no - he''s doing a fantastic job for Norwich [:D]

[quote user="Mervmeister"]Villa forums saying he worst manager they never had, average signings at best and doesnt know how to organise a defense. Tbh, his record fr them is terrible and this whole trusting youth crap will only take a team so far. Glad we are rid of him tbh, yes he did great for us. But i think with the same mentality and no signings such as tettey and bassong, prob some not delveoped youngsters instead. We would be going down fir sure imo.[/quote]

The thing is his philosophy worked here. The expectations weren''t as high, certainly when he came in. We aren''t a club where the expectation is to sign £20M players (Bent) and where the fans have totally unrealistic expectations as to what their team should be achieving. Villa fans don''t expect their club to be signing players from L1 and L2 with the likes of Lowton, Westwood and Bowery.

He was lucky to have inherited the likes of Holt and Wes when he took over but in fairness he did brilliant in the transfer market for us although you sense when he went to L1 for his signings with us he signed the best 2 players in L1 in E Bennett & Pilks. He brought a fantastic attacking brand of football and gave many of us some our best memories of supporting City - I have been going for 30 years now and I am happy to say that about from the European games most of my favourite City moments have come under his stewardship. At Villa he has inherited some over paid useless players and he has tried to add the young up and coming players to that.

You do wonder what would have happened had he stayed this year - I agree that Hughton has done well to add some high level experience to the squad. Maybe Lambert and ourselves were one of those matches made in heaven and Lambert is another Mike Walker and he will achieve nothing further in is management career.

It will be interesting to see if Villa give Lambert more time and money or do they pull the trigger now and try and get someone in for the 2nd leg and whilst that manager has time to make some signings?

Living & working here in the Midlands I am surrounding by Villa fans so I will be enjoying my day at work tomorrow! I did warn them when he took over that he had no idea how to get a team to defend properly as this was the one thing he never sorted when he as here - we conceded the best part of 60 goals when we won promotion!

[quote user="Michael Starr"]ffs to quote one Villa fan - "the jump from Norwich to AVFC was to big" sigh... what jump?
[/quote]

Just confirms what I was saying in my earlier post about totally unrealistic expectations - I so hope they go down. They could easily become another Leeds or Forest. That is the thing that annoyed me most when Lambert left and said at the Press Conference how big a club they were having won the European Cup etc etc - Forest one twice in that era! They haven''t won the FA Cup since 1957 and the league since 1981! No more relevant that the achievements of Forest, Wolves, Preston & Burnley from previous era''s. OK apart from the Milk Cup we haven''t won anything but currently we are a better team than them and a better run club with owners/board that have more than a passing interest in what is happening.

Going back to Lambert''s press conference though, I did have to laugh when their CEO tried to say that Lambert was their first choice and did so through gritted teeth.

Rubbish team, rubbish board and rubbish fans! I am laughing my c**k off at the moment!

If Lambert''s still in the Villa hot seat tomorrow (which I''d imagine is pretty damn hot right now), then I can see him making a move for 1 or 2 of our players this transfer window, whom he''ll know ''will run through a brick wall for me''...

He can make as many ''moves'' as he likes. We''re not a selling club anymore, and if we were even to consider selling one of our top players, it would be for more pennies than Villa can scrape together.

As said by others, if he doesn''t beat Southampton, surely something has got to give

IMO if Villa sack Lambeet they''re down. Just going through a very rough patch because of Lambert''s gung-ho tac-tics. I cant see who they''ll get who is better?

Wonder if he regrets that fist pump aimed at the Directors'' box now...?

Can see the headlines now:

"Mark Hughes takes the reigns at Villa".

Hard to now what Villa will do. Naturally, a losing streak is bad. But a losing streak that has become so high profile and so embarrassing- and in front of Lerner, who has recently returned to the UK- is what sackings are made of.

Villa''s name is being dragged through the mud and that ain''t good. The entire club from top to bottom- Randy Lerner to the humble fan- will need someone to blame. A manager falling on his sword (or being pushed on to his sword) would satisfy the blood-lust, at least for a while. Whether that''s a good idea or not is up for debate.

I don''t know what will happen, but I think its safe to assume this: Villa (or more specifically, it''s manager) are now in a situation where every game is a must win. Anything less than a respectable victory against Southampton will add to the malcontent. A loss of any sort- even after a spirited performance- could end Lambert''s Villa adventure... and what an adventure its been!