Sign in to follow this  
Mellow Yellow

Hughton and Birmingham

Looking at Birmingham City''s current predicament I now have a better appreciation of what a great job Chris Hughton was doing there under tough circumstances. Together with his success at Newcastle prior to that, its now clear this was a very astute appointment and we are fortunate to have him as a manager. His personality is growing on me too...he is excellent on camera and so much more respectful and articulate than Lambert. I am sure the players relate better to him too.

Agreed he is a top manager and we are very fortunate to have him. We should do well to remember this when we have the inevitable bad runs and poor results. I have total confidence in his ability to not only keep us up but to take us on to another level

Chris Hughton is fortunate to be managing NCFC, with such a rich and diverse history as ours. NCFC are also fortunate to have the skills and ability of Chris Hughton at our disposal and together they should go far.

Completely agreed with all of the above.

It''s great to be both successful as a team, and have staff of whom other teams and managers can only speak in terms of respect!

One of the things I like about Hughton is how he uses his post-match interviews with the Press to explain his thinking about team selection and tactics, and to think out loud about what went wrong and what worked. I reckon I''ve learnt more in the last few months about the game, than I''ve picked up in years from the evasions and belligerent replies of other managers. He''s so grown-up.

Love that post Stigster. Bang on. Made me quite proud there buddy! lolLong may his reign continue too (with us doing well in the Prem of course). Great to hear that he watches the youngsters and encourages them more than PL did too

CH had certainly done much more of an ''apprenticeship'' for his management career, via Assistant Manager stints at Spurs etc, which does seem to be quite an advantage as he appears to be much more ''hands on'' and perhaps more of a scholar of the game.  PL did a great job that can''t be argued with, but there were always rumours about how much he did and how much was left to the others in his team - though it did work well for us, and goes to show how different approaches can work out.

Totally agree with everything that has been said so far!

Would also like to add the backroom staff that Hughton brought with him to the club. Calderwood and Trollope have both been former players and managers in there own rights, but seem to be more suited to the coaching role, and from there time together at (I think it was Swindon) they work together very well.

In Dave Watson we now have one of the best goalkeeping coaches around. Can only help Ruddy, Bunn, Steer and Rudd all progress.

Not only is Mr Hughton a very able manager, he has also got a very able backroom staff indeed