Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Forest expecting two new faces by the weekend

Ward - why bother with Ayala yet when he''s on full year loan and already proven to be a sicknote / disciplinary nightmare.

Hardly new faces Ward may be loaned with view to perm but is Ward contracted to City after 2013?

Shef Canary - I really don''t see why you''re having a go at Ayala. He''s made 14 appearances for Forest this year and he''s picked up 1 red card and 2 yellows.

That hardly makes him either a sicknote or a disciplinary nightmare. Hopefully he will go on developing at Forest and come back to us a better player.

I live in Nottingham and am yet to find a Forest fan who has rated Ward. Ayala is seen to be a decent player but sometimes overly casual at the back and has injury issues. But the only thing I''ve heard about Ward is "how did he even last a season in the prem with you?"

I know that''s not necessarily a sign that they won''t sign him, but I''d be surprised if it does happen.

Thirsty, forgive me if I sounded harsh, it was aimed at the idea he will be up for a sale, not at Ayala himself.  I actually quite like him but was thinking about the likely decision making process.  As Aggy says he has been subject to 2-3 injuries in his spell so far, so both parties need to see if he can have a longer run of games, so why change things, keep him on his season long loan.  Until Bassong arrived I would have not have loaned him out really as despite his "casual" play he is a good ball playing centre half.  Now Bassong is here, let him get a long run of games at Forest to toughen him up a bit.  Then give him a good close season and see how he goes alongside Bassong next season.

Forest are looking strictly short term as Ayala is apparently now out injured for 3-4 weeks and their other CB got a red card so Elliot Ward has to be a prime favourite to go back there, Forest would obviously prefer a further loan.  I work in Nottingham and while there aren''t many  Forest fans in the office, the ones I''ve spoken to view Ward as a solid championship defender, which they desperately need given they were apparently out-muscled by Oldham in the cup at the weekend.  It''s make-or-break for them if they''re going to make the play-offs.

They have Ayala on loan to the rest of the season so there''s no way anything further will happen about him until the summer - both we and they want him to get a decent run of games and then Hughton will have to decide on his future.  The key for me is that he''s still young and experience is vital to a CB, so he''s got potential if he can stay injury-free and learn to cut out the mis-timed tackles that get him yellow cards.

[quote user="Aggy"]I live in Nottingham and am yet to find a Forest fan who has rated Ward. Ayala is seen to be a decent player but sometimes overly casual at the back and has injury issues. But the only thing I''ve heard about Ward is "how did he even last a season in the prem with you?" I know that''s not necessarily a sign that they won''t sign him, but I''d be surprised if it does happen. [/quote]

Plenty of Norwich fans didn''t rate Ward in the Championship, despite him playing a huge part in us getting promoted.

They''ve got a better chance getting out of that league with Ward at the back than they have Ayala.

I think the thing with Ward is he''s not the most composed, or the most enthusiastic player on the pitch. That said, he gets the job done and scored and set up a few vital goals for us!

Ayala has tonnes of potential, but his liability to injury just ruins that potential. I''ve no doubt he can be a top player, and could play in the premier league - he certainly has the composure. However, will his body let him? It''s the same with Vaughan

[quote user="AJ"] Ayala has tonnes of potential, but his liability to injury just ruins that potential. I''ve no doubt he can be a top player, and could play in the premier league - he certainly has the composure. However, will his body let him? It''s the same with Vaughan[/quote]

Ayala has some potential but I would say "tonnes" of potential is a bit of a stretch. I don''t see him going on to great things.

He could maybe be a squad player for a Premier League team (like us) but I don''t think he''s got enough to be a first choice defender for an established Prem side and definitely not one of the big ones.

Vaughan''s got even less of a chance because of his injury problems and his erratic playing style.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Maybe it''s Morison? [;)][/quote]

Forest would love to get Morison and McLeish has been quoted as saying they are monitoring his position.  But there''s no way I could see him going in this window unless we make a couple of good/excellent striker signings, and if we''re in a position come end of the month where Hughton is comfortable letting him go, I''d not be complaining.