Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Delia is sacked

Delia Smith axed as face of Waitrose after supermarket opts for wacky recipes of Heston Blumenthal.

• Waitrose is looking to ''push the

boundaries of supermarket innovation''
  • Delia, 71, leaves by ''mutual consent'' with a record of boosting sales
  • Heston agrees new contract and will continue to create unique products
  • Store remains ''on good terms'' with Delia who has ''several other projects''
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2258967/Delia-Smith-axed-face-Waitrose-supermarket-opts-wacky-recipes-Heston-Blumenthal.html

Record of boosting sales and a reliable face the nation generally loves. Heston on the other hand...is mental. Be funny if sales went down now

Do people actually like that Heston guy? Some of the things he does is interesting, but mostly it just seems weird and pointless. Delia all the way!

[quote user="York Canary"]If I remember correctly a couple of people got food poisoning in his restaurant[/quote]

As oppossed to our entire team getting the trots after Delia Catering did a barbie!

Oh and YES!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Do people actually like that Heston guy? Some of the things he does is interesting, but mostly it just seems weird and pointless. Delia all the way![/quote]

He''s a complete door handle

Looks like Wiz is out again.

Perhaps he should remind us of the time when Delia allegedly pocketed thousands of pounds from the club.

Or when Stephen Fry was a class A drug user.

Along with many other timeless classics.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="York Canary"]If I remember correctly a couple of people got food poisoning in his restaurant[/quote]

As oppossed to our entire team getting the trots after Delia Catering did a barbie!

Oh and YES!

[/quote]

What?

[quote user="York Canary"][quote user="Wiz"]

Oh and YES!

[/quote]

What?

[/quote]

See, playground.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Do people actually like that Heston guy? Some of the things he does is interesting, but mostly it just seems weird and pointless. Delia all the way![/quote]

His recipes are bonkers and he''s doing a pretty rubbish job managing Reading.

Just seen analysis that Delia was the 11th most successful UK woman entrepreneur in 2011.  Must have added in the increase in the value of her NCFC shares into that (about £18m I believe) - I''m sure he who shall not be named got a thank you.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Just seen analysis that Delia was the 11th most successful UK woman entrepreneur in 2011.  Must have added in the increase in the value of her NCFC shares into that (about £18m I believe) - I''m sure he who shall not be named got a thank you.[/quote]

Voldemort?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Looks like Wiz is out again. .[/quote]

Why not?.....its true.

[/quote]

The story is certainly not true at all. And that is a fact it was a outside catering company

[quote user="Wiz"]

Oh and YES!

[/quote]http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/canaries_sick_as_parrots_with_bbq_bug_1_637840

Norwich City Football Club has been hit by a mystery stomach bug

after four first team players and several staff became ill following its

annual barbecue.

It is believed that up to 30 people suffered from

vomiting and diarrhoea following Sunday afternoon''s social event at the

Colney training ground, which was attended by around 250 players, staff

and their wives and children.

The cause of the sickness has not yet been

identified, however the club was quick to point out today that the

catering at the event was not provided by celebrity chef and joint

majority shareholder Delia Smith.

For the record.Now does that "fresh start" stretch to posting malicious untruths, I wonder?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

Oh and YES!

[/quote]

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/canaries_sick_as_parrots_with_bbq_bug_1_637840

Norwich City Football Club has been hit by a mystery stomach bug after four first team players and several staff became ill following its annual barbecue.

It is believed that up to 30 people suffered from vomiting and diarrhoea following Sunday afternoon''s social event at the Colney training ground, which was attended by around 250 players, staff and their wives and children.

The cause of the sickness has not yet been identified, however the club was quick to point out today that the catering at the event was not provided by celebrity chef and joint majority shareholder Delia Smith.

For the record.

Now does that "fresh start" stretch to posting malicious untruths, I wonder?

[/quote];

Good find Chops.

I was wrong, no arguement and I apologise to all concerned especially Delia Smith.

The house of cards built on here by the "Delia Haters" is falling down all over the board today...

Well done Wiz...

Now let''s be ''avin'' the rest of you on the other threads....

You have to admit it''s all going a bit Pete Tong though Crafty. Did you honestly used to believe all that rubbish?

[quote user="shefcanary"]Just seen analysis that Delia was the 11th most successful UK woman entrepreneur in 2011.  Must have added in the increase in the value of her NCFC shares into that (about £18m I believe) - I''m sure he who shall not be named got a thank you.[/quote]

I''m intrigued to learn who the ten ladies were who were more successful than Delia that year. I can''t think of one. Maybe that appalling blonde dragon on Dragon''s Den?