Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 IV

Roomer

Proper friend of a cousin of Delia''s stuff so feel free to mock, distrust and ridicule.

Bloke I know says his friend is an ex associate director. He told him that neither Butterfield or Snodgrass were actually Hughton''s chosen signings and that Lambert had them both on his transfer target list before he left. McNally had already prepared the groundwork for both deals and another for a centre half. Hughton was presented with the option of vetoing the deals or following through. He vetoed the centre half (presumably in favour of getting Bassong and Turner) but followed through with Butterfield and Snodgrass, because he liked both players anyway.

Now he''s happy enough with Snodgrass but doesn''t see much of a future for Butterfield so may let him leave permanently in January depending on if he brings anyone in. Apparently he likes him but doesn''t think he adds anything that we don''t already have in Howson in particular.

McNally is fine with this and Hughton has a free pass on Butterfield not working out because he was signed before Hughton had time to evaluate the squad and he''ll still get his money back on any transfer.

Might be bullocks but sounded plausible so thought I''d pass it on.

First one to call "obvious binner is obvious" gets to wear my secret blue scarf.

I''m always sceptical but I believe this for some reason. Given Lambert''s defensive record for us and Villa I think Hughton definitely made the right choice regarding the CB as well as Snodgrass but the jury is out regarding Butterfield.

Seems likely, and is much the same as many suggested about the summer signings - DM has said a lot of groundwork and preparation has gone into this transfer window, so a lot will have gone into the summer''s prior to PL leaving.

It seems sensible to assume that we had some possible guys lined up, and that CH had a final say on whether we continued our pursuit of them.

I remember someone saying something to this effect before. I doubt Butterfield will go quite as early as this month unless Bolton want him back on loan.

Bolton won''t want Butterfield back. He wanted to start every game and Freedman (rightly) said he couldn''t guarantee it so the loan deal ended.

In all honesty I''ll be gutted if Butterfield doesn''t get much of a chance here. Hope we at least get a decent return if he HAS to go.

It does you you think. that after Butters signed. Barnsley turned round and said Norwich don''t really want him.

It does suggest it wasn''t an ordinary move.

This seems very believable to me.

Both Snodgrass and Butterfield were both rumoured to be coming to us while Lambert was in charge, so it sounds right.

When you are in the Prem, I think you can afford to take a risk on a Butterfield type without too much of a risk. That said, he needs to get fit before he can properly be assessed, whether with us or at another club on loan.

Everybody knows that Butterfield and Snodgrass were essentially Lambert signings, this guy is just using this knowledge to act ''in the know''.

Yawn.

Sounds plausible... I would like to see Butterfield sent out on loan for the rest of the season, as others have said he doesn''t really add much to the squad at the moment but maybe deserves a chance to prove himself next season. Wouldn''t be surprised to see him sent out to a decent Championship team and then a decision made in the summer or next Jan about whether he stays or goes.