Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

A thought for the doomongers

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]One thing is clear.  We do not need to buy any players to allow us to survive this season. We have enough strength and ability to get enough points. We simply get behind what we have and support it - the team, squad and management.  

If and I say if, we buy any players during this window it will be because they will help the future of the club next season and beyond.      Any new player will need time to bed in - and will not be of sufficient quality and experience that they can go straight into the team anyway.   

As at the beginning of the season, we just need to trust Hughton to get on with his job.  I do wonder at how people get so worried and angst ridden at the thought of not getting new players.   The recent history and story of our club is of a measured development with a restraint on finances that will always be there because of the sort of club we are and the way we are being run.   

We may or may not get a player or two during this window.   If we do it will be because they will be part of the development of the team/squad for next season - not as a knee jerk reaction to the perceived need to get some magical answer to a problem that in all honesty doesn''t really exist.    Its not long since we had a ten match unbeaten run for goodness sake and have only had four difficult matches with only narrow defeats.  

New players, yes, but for the right reasons only - long term development.

[/quote]

That is by no means clear.

[/quote]

10 match unbeaten is now history we aint won a game all over xmas, we needed a striker at the start of season in my book and we need to address it now i can remember when one year we were 7th at xmas and got relegated, you can never rest on your laurels, you should strive to improve at every opportunity imo.[/quote]

There are not many who would have looked at the Christmas fixtures earlier in the season and thought that we would get much from them, bar perhaps West Ham away. We have narrowly lost to 3 teams from the top six (by one goal) including the English Champions and th European Champions, and all without the services of our captain and top striker.

I suspect that should Holty play on Saturday, and bang a couple in on the way to 3 points, then the situation will not look nearly so bleak.