Sign in to follow this  
lord montyjones

lamberts job is safe

The fans have been brilliant,they come in their thousands home and away. The players have been great and earnt the right to play in this league. Against bradford they were great,terrifhc in fact and on another night would have scored ten.the chairman can see the bigger picture and has been great from day one.

[quote user="Wiz"]The longer the arrogant tool stays there the better for us.[/quote]That arrogant tool is a large percentage of the reason why our football club is in the position it is in today. I hate these cynical Norwich opinions about Lambert.What did he do wrong? He left our club to further his career, Villa are a bigger club, in hindsight not a better squad/club but defiantly bigger. He left us for more money, who wouldn''t? He sued us for what was rightfully deserved.Whats the problem? Its a natural feeling to resent his decision and of course I laugh a little inside when Villa lose but he did nothing but good for our club and will always be held in high regard. Any understanding football fan would have the same opinion.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Wiz"]The longer the arrogant tool stays there the better for us.[/quote]

That arrogant tool is a large percentage of the reason why our football club is in the position it is in today. I hate these cynical Norwich opinions about Lambert.

What did he do wrong? He left our club to further his career, Villa are a bigger club, in hindsight not a better squad/club but defiantly bigger. He left us for more money, who wouldn''t? He sued us for what was rightfully deserved.

Whats the problem?

Its a natural feeling to resent his decision and of course I laugh a little inside when Villa lose but he did nothing but good for our club and will always be held in high regard. Any understanding football fan would have the same opinion.
[/quote]

It was like finding out your girlfriend/wife has been shagging your next door neighbour!

I''ll hold my ground on this.

Yeh but to be fair Wiz, we knew this girl came with a reputation! so what did you expect would happen when you knew what she was like before your married her? It''s like our **** isn''t big enough to satisfy and Villa''s **** might be bigger but a rubbish ****.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Wiz"]The longer the arrogant tool stays there the better for us.[/quote]That arrogant tool is a large percentage of the reason why our football club is in the position it is in today. I hate these cynical Norwich opinions about Lambert.What did he do wrong? He left our club to further his career, Villa are a bigger club, in hindsight not a better squad/club but defiantly bigger. He left us for more money, who wouldn''t? He sued us for what was rightfully deserved.Whats the problem? Its a natural feeling to resent his decision and of course I laugh a little inside when Villa lose but he did nothing but good for our club and will always be held in high regard. Any understanding football fan would have the same opinion. [/quote]

It was like finding out your girlfriend/wife has been shagging your next door neighbour!

I''ll hold my ground on this.

[/quote]

It was nothing of the sort, a) Villa are hundreds of miles away from

us and b) he requested the chance to speak with Villa which we refused

triggering a breach of contract therefore him serving his notice.

Get over it, its happened before and it will happen again. Its

football, you should remember the good in Lambert not the bad as he is

and forever will be a club legend...  

[quote user="Indy"]Yeh but to be fair Wiz, we knew this girl came with a reputation! so what did you expect would happen when you knew what she was like before your married her? It''s like our **** isn''t big enough to satisfy and Villa''s **** might be bigger but a rubbish ****.[/quote]true but a terrible analogy

He has no affiliation with us any more so am always happy to bare witness to Lambo bashing. Granted what he done for this club will never be forgotten,but thats history now. I tend not to dwell on the past and like many posters on here take great pleasure in seeing Lambert''s side get turned over week in,week out.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]he requested the chance to speak with Villa which we refused

triggering a breach of contract
therefore him serving his notice.  [/quote]Which is exactly why Villa were so adamant that they didn''t owe us a penny isn''t it?Wait a minute............ LOL!!!  

I couldn''t care less what he does now - he is part of NCFC history, albeit a highly succesful three years, and nothing to do with the present. We have what looks like a very good successor in Chris Hughton and that''s all that matters to me.

[quote user="Truculent Trucker"]I couldn''t care less what he does now - he is part of NCFC history, albeit a highly succesful three years, and nothing to do with the present. We have what looks like a very good successor in Chris Hughton and that''s all that matters to me.[/quote]agree, I feel we have moved on as a club very quickly, which is great

testament to CH and the fans. I just cant stand mindless fans coming on

here calling him Lambert a tool when he bought us so many memories and

accolades. Villa didn''t owe us a penny, Lambert was on a rolling

one year contract.... The compensation disagreement was between Lambert

and Norwich not Villa and Norwich. It was over the bonus he had in his

contract to keep us up, which he did... Therefore was rightfully paid.

Villa did finish up paying us compensation for Lambert; I assume for the one year rolling contract which meant he always had one year left on his contract so they did owe us that. We then paid Lambert''s bonus.

NCFC4LIFE, You know the inner workings of the contract I assume as you seem pretty sure of the facts....None of us know what was in the contract and if he was even allowed to speak or not.

The last story I heard was that he asked permission to speak to Villa and our chairman said he would come back off holiday(or business) to discuss this and Lambert felt that he didnt want to wait for the chairman to get back and buggered off.

He didnt need to go through the public slagging match he did. If he had permission in his contract he was entitied to talk. However I think an HONOURABLE thing to do is at least request that permission face to face with the Chairman and not go running off and not try to diddle your currewnt employees out of their entitlement.

I dont think anyone would begrudge him of his bonus, he earnt it, on the other hand NCFC had every right to expect compo from Villa who tried to hide behind a "breach of contract" to avoid it.

Lets all be thankful for his time here , but he now manages a rival and feelings towards him are the same that we all feel for Fergie, Wenger and other managers, okay maybe a little more spicey but he wouldnt expect any different.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Villa didn''t owe us a penny, Lambert was on a rolling

one year contract.... The compensation disagreement was between Lambert

and Norwich not Villa and Norwich. It was over the bonus he had in his

contract to keep us up, which he did... Therefore was rightfully paid. [/quote]I do think you''ve got the wrong end of the stick.Villa did owe us money. The compensation disagreement was between Norwich and Villa not Norwich and Lambert. the disagreement between Norwich and Lambert was in respect of his bonus entitlement for the football season 2011-2012 which we would have paid him (earlier) if he had stayed anyway.

(It is possible that Villa settled so that we would pay Lambert, stop him moaning y''know....... )

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Truculent Trucker"]I couldn''t care less what he does now - he is part of NCFC history, albeit a highly succesful three years, and nothing to do with the present. We have what looks like a very good successor in Chris Hughton and that''s all that matters to me.[/quote]

agree, I feel we have moved on as a club very quickly, which is great testament to CH and the fans. I just cant stand mindless fans coming on here calling him Lambert a tool when he bought us so many memories and accolades.

Villa didn''t owe us a penny, Lambert was on a rolling one year contract.... The compensation disagreement was between Lambert and Norwich not Villa and Norwich. It was over the bonus he had in his contract to keep us up, which he did... Therefore was rightfully paid.
[/quote]

" Villa didn''t owe us a penny "  more than one tool in this box .

I can only be thankful for the job Lambo did for us and I''ll look back on those 3 years as the best in my time as a regular supporter. However...

...Lambo pretty much consigned his good standing with NCFC fans to the scrapheap when he decided that he would leave the Club and make it difficult for us to receive appropriate compensation. It is clear that matters were not handled ideally and the Club may have some part in that too, but when you compare the situation to say Dave Whelan & Roberto Martinez, both parties were nothing but honest with each other when Martinez went to talk to other Clubs in the past couple of years, and that will ensure that when Martinez does eventually leave, his good standing will remain intact.

Lambert could, in my view, have done more to try to do right by NCFC and maintain his standing with the supporters but, whatever mistakes the NCFC board might have made, ultimately Lambo chose to do what suited himself and AVFC, and that is why the relationship has been soured.

I would have liked nothing more than to cheer him onto the pitch at Carrow Road as a returning hero, as I''m sure we''ll do for Malky when he most likely brings Cardiff here next season. It''s sad that this relationship isn''t the same, but Lambo has alot of responsibility for that in the manner of his departure. I suspect he is a man who may continue to climb the greasy pole in football (irrespective of his current woes which may well set him back a few years), but I also believe that he is unlikely to leave behind too many friends at his old clubs.

[quote user="Indy"]Yeh but to be fair Wiz, we knew this girl came with a reputation! so what did you expect would happen when you knew what she was like before your married her? It''s like our **** isn''t big enough to satisfy and Villa''s **** might be bigger but a rubbish ****.[/quote]

Sheer poetry. T S Eliot must be spinning in his grave.

This was my "simple little world" take on the situation towards the end of last season when the want-away rumours started

In school sixth form disco terms NCFC are doing well and have currently got their hands on the fittest bird in the place but there’s a serious danger she’ll go home with the one bloke who has a car. If we’re clever we’ll work this out, hedge our bets and start chatting to the pretty looking thing who we know may well turn out to be a bit of a minx.

If we hang on in the vain hope that we can stay with the fittest bird in the place, there’s always the chance that she’ll pop off to the loo with her mate and not come back. This means we could end up at 2.00am in “any port in a storm” mode with the possibility of ending up with a desperate munter.