Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

From our Paddy at today's press conference

Grant Holt trained today and is in the squad for Saturday. Too soon for Surman, Whittaker and Morison.Elliott Ward goes to Nottingham Forest with a view to a permanent move - not the same for Chris Martin, decision still to make on his long-term future.Chris Hughton says no bid for Celtic''s Hooper, doesn''t know anything about Hamburg midfielder Per Ciljan Skjelbred either.

"and Jonny Howson all remaining on the sidelines this weekend. Hughton confirmed Howson had recovered from the knee injury which saw him miss the recent FA Cup third round win at Peterborough, but the midfielder has yet to train this week after feeling ill."

Interesting to see Howson will also miss this weekend yet not mentioned elsewhere.   Will hopefull give Fox the chance of some pitch time instead when it comes to the 85th minute subs  :-)

Great to see Holt back in the team, really need him for this game, got a funny feeling we will get a penalty this weekend and Holt fills me with a lot more confidence when he runs up than Wes does!

Big plus Johnson is back as well, will be a tough midfield battle.

Also, perhaps we are keeping Martin to hold on to club grown players for european football, can''t think of any other reason!

Why didn''t Martin cross the road?

Because we need him because the club REALLY are this uncertain whether we are going to improve our attack... Why the flying f isn''t there a bid for Hooper!

I hate being a Norwich fan in transfer windows :(

That Nursey guy says a bid is the last part of the transfer. First you approach the agent and discuss whether they''d join and what wage they''re after..then the likely fee the club would want. Then bid last when you think it''s good to go.

Calm down Stig. Hughton keeps things as close to his chest as Lambert. We never get told if or when we a signing someone. Patience:-)

[quote user="York Canary"]That Nursey guy says a bid is the last part of the transfer. First you approach the agent and discuss whether they''d join and what wage they''re after..then the likely fee the club would want. Then bid last when you think it''s good to go.
[/quote]

In fairness, although Nursey is a City fan, it''s debatable whether he has any sort of inside info on Hooper. He tends to rehash stories rather than break them. The only journo who may have a bit of insight is Mick Dennis, but he keeps it to himself.

I wouldn''t read too much into what Hughton says about transfers in press conference''s. He isn''t going to come out and say we are bidding or after certain players because that just isn''t the way we go about our business.

The man isn''t stupid, he knows where he needs to improve, and he will do in time. I fully expect a striker by the end of the window, and I''m fairly certain Hughton will bring one in :)

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]

I hate being a Norwich fan in transfer windows :([/quote]

Yeah the last one where we signed eight players was awfully dull. *rolls eyes*

B7 I was referring to the uncertainty and the manner in which deals are done (Read: Slowly.) by NCFC! Other clubs seem open and quicker to complete their deals, but that is from an outside perspective and it may well be exactly the same as us...

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]LOL @ the worriers. Half the clubs in the division have yet to bring anyone in.[/quote]

Yeah... but they''ve been more open and quicker in doing so[:|]

[;)]

Why would it be beneficial to the club to be open about their targets? They may not appear to be quick, but then half the division hasn''t had any activity yet. I''m sure they''re pushing hard behind the scenes, but as CH said himself, things always end up happening towards the end because everyone keeps their cards close to their chests and holds onto players until then. Just the way it goes. Faith