Sign in to follow this  
Lionel Wessi

Who is the more promising Murphy twin?

There has been a lot of press about these two but I have not seen much of either of them to be honest. Who is the more promising of the two?

It would be interesting to see them involved in the Luton game

They are cut from the same stemcell from Colney''s secret lab, they are identical in everyway! ;)

Not sure tbh mate. They seem quite even from what I''ve read and seen online in videos. They both played for England as well. I really hope they make it with us and I have a good feeling about them. Long way to go yet, but the raw ingredients are certainly there. From the videos I''ve seen they look very positive and want to take people on. Remind me of Sterling a bit

If Hughton liked subs, I''d say stick one or both on the bench and start giving them some game time, it''s annoying having these up and coming youngsters, that hardly get any game time, we also seem to struggle to get many players out on loan to decent places, like Adeyemi, even though he''s getting football, it''s in league One, no progression, Bennett and Pilks stepped up from League One to Prem well, but can Adeyemi? These players, him, Smith, Francome, Rudd, Steer, now the Murphy twins, Loza? And a few others in the past few years have we talked and talked about, we think they will be good enough but there is nothing yet to suggest any of them will be anything different to Jarvis, Spillane or at best Joe Lewis.

Follow them on twitter, especially Loza and you''ll get an idea of why they don''t get a look in. They are really young, need to mature abut. Then again a scathing from CH when they balls up might mature them a few years!

The fact they aren''t getti a look in probably tells you something. Obviously they could still turn out great, but look at players like Sterling, Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey, Gibbs, Sturridge, Jones, Smalling, going back a bit Rooney, Richards and many more, these kind of players getting thrown in the deep end while still pretty young, ok some of them had spells out on loan before/after and I suppose the if difference is they all play for big teams, so perhaps they just snap up all the best youngsters, but surely it''s the ''lesser'' teams that should be playing the youngsters as they are cheaper...

Well, all we can really do is wait and see. But considering the only youngster Hughton is interested in is one we got in on loan, personally I''m worried our current crop won''t be near the standard we require.

Sort of agree with the above however look at say grant holt, players develop at different times of their career

It doesn''t all have to happen straight away before they are successful

[quote user="Gingerpele"]The fact they aren''t getti a look in probably tells you something. Obviously they could still turn out great, but look at players like Sterling, Wilshere, Walcott, Ramsey, Gibbs, Sturridge, Jones, Smalling, going back a bit Rooney, Richards and many more, these kind of players getting thrown in the deep end while still pretty young, ok some of them had spells out on loan before/after and I suppose the if difference is they all play for big teams, so perhaps they just snap up all the best youngsters, but surely it''s the ''lesser'' teams that should be playing the youngsters as they are cheaper...

Well, all we can really do is wait and see. But considering the only youngster Hughton is interested in is one we got in on loan, personally I''m worried our current crop won''t be near the standard we require.[/quote]Are they not they still only 17? There are not many players ready for first team football at that age, only the exceptional talents. Players like Sturridge, Smalling and to a certain extent Walcott didn''t start playing regular top flight first team football until they were in their 20/21. We had Gibbs on loan when he was 17 and he was not physically ready.Paul Scholes didn''t make his debut until he was 20, and if they can have even a quarter of the career his has had they would not of done bad.It''s just too early in their career''s to know.

They have pace, and ambition - they do extra practice virtually every day, and not a little skill. I doubt whether they are reqdy for first team football yet, however. At 17 their attitude is mature, but they have much to learn. There is a world of difference between playing under 21 players, and even part-timers like Kings Lynn, and full time professionals.

Some players are good enough at 17, but from I have seen in videos and therefore selective, there is a rawness in their game. I think that in them we have excellent prospects in 2 or 3 years, but they are not ready yet.

I''m looking forward to seeing them in a cup game, the Luton match could be a good sub test for them if we are cruising with 20 to go. The same with Loza.

It will give me a little wry smile towards all the anti-London/cockney brigade on here too. You know the culprits.

I think long term if we stay in the Prem we should look at getting a feeder club in another country as I am not convinced that sending our youngsters out on loan in the Lower Leagues here is really going to develop them in the way we want.

I think sending youngster out on loan abroad is the way forward for English football. Not talking about for the benefit of our club or any other club specifically, but for the national team.

It could be utter rubbish, but surely part of why other countries are ''better'' than us, is because they have players getting experience and knowledge from various countries. Could you imagine Netherlands being half as good if all their players stayed in the country? The league would be a bit better, but not better enough. Why the PL is so good is because of the superstars from all over the world, it benefits them, and surely that helps the national team?

Beckham, Owen, Hargreeves, Joe Cole, I think Boothroyd and then i''m starting to run out of ideas. That about sums up the English (high profile anyway) players who have left England to get football in the past few years. I''m sure there are a few ''nobodies'' around in other countries, but no one good enough for England. Why has Gerrard, Lampard, A.Cole, Rooney, Rio, or a number of others never left England? (well they have left England, but not to play for another club...)

I''m sure we are missing out on some great experience that other nations have because many of their best players end up in other countries.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]I''m looking forward to seeing them in a cup game, the Luton match could be a good sub test for them if we are cruising with 20 to go. The same with Loza. It will give me a little wry smile towards all the anti-London/cockney brigade on here too. You know the culprits.[/quote]

Sort of agree though the trouble is if we are cruising against Luton then that''s no more a test for them than playing in the U21s.

The fact that we are now in the Prem is actually bad luck for the group who should now be stepping up - Korey, Francombe, Adeyemi - they grew up expecting to be able to work their way into a Championship side.  For them the goalposts really have moved.  At least the Murphys, Loza and the rest know what they are aiming for and have the U21 system in place.

My hunch is that Josh Murphy will force his way onto the bench at the back end of this season.

Just read the match reports, having caught bits and pieces of highlights and i decided to compile a few stats. I make it:

From 18 fixtures including tonight (May or may not have played every game)

Josh Murphy: 1 goal, 7 assists (6+2 half ones I''d like to think deserve a figure)

Jacob Murphy: 8 goals, 3 assists

Jamar Loza: 8 goals, 1 assist

I know stats aren''t everything or even that useful in not knowing the quality of their opposition but quite impressive. We did play some quality youth teams in Arsenal and West Ham, Blackburn have had a decent crop recently so I would love to see them get a crack at Luton if they''re ready.

Josh has just scored tonight in the U21''s game away at Stoke !!Were winning by that goal at HT.