Sign in to follow this  
Swollen ankles

Virtual attendance at games?

I don''t know rules and regulations on rights etc. Something occurred to me the other day on how the club could make more money. They could have a virtual ticket. They pay a fee per game less than an actual ticket that uses a camera in different parts of the ground eg two or three cameras in every stand you chose where you want to sit and watch online on your computer. It may not be as clear as watching a game from normal cameras as this will be more of a realistic matchday experience so people occasionally getting in the way but obviously there would be room made for these cameras so not too close to people. Lots can sign up to the games they want too eg 3 pound a game and we can therefore maximise the attendance of our fanbase without increasing the ground capacity. Obviously all down to filming rights etc. But can clubs reject sky and say they want to do it their own way? Or does the league hold all the power?

No a bad idea in theory, but not really a great practicality. The idea is to get people to attend matches as part of an experience, everyone know watching on TV could never replicate that.

Maybe it''s something that could be implemented in the future, but as far as I know clubs sign over their match footage as part of the TV rights that we get multi-millions for, which would legally stop this from being able to happen

Firstly surely that would just stop people from going?

You''d need the demand of people actually wanting to go to Carrow Road for a much larger amount than sitting at home and watching. Also when every game we play is available on streaming sites, why would you pay to get a one angle shot with no replays?

Also fairly sure this could never happen with rights. The FA control the TV rights I believe, I suppose the club could opt out and not get the TV money, but I think as we''d still be playing in the FAs league, we''d not be able to do anything ourselves anyway.

The only way this would work, would be if it were only available to away fans and those who don''t live locally, wether that be not in the country or just not in East Anglia. Otherwise i''m sure a drop in actual attendance would occur...

A drop in attendance may happen however you can never beat the real match day experience as we see when our games are on sky we still sell out. If we could get more control on steams and ban them and this is the alternative it may work. Must be someone out there who may know if this is a loophole for clubs to get paid for sky and sell online footage. Maybe have a delay? Be interesting to know if any media/football lawyers out there can answer this.

Couldn''t be done due to broadcasting rights being owned by other parties.Wouldn''t be done because Sky will pay us a guaranteed sum in excess of £60,000,000 next year which equates to an awful lot of £3 tickets to sell. Interesting idea though.