Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Javier Garrido Loan to Buy.

on transfermarkt.com they have him listed as a loan, but we will have the option to buy him at the end of the season. If Hoots wants to buy him is it worth getting him now, as Lazio clearly dont need him and he is at an age where he is going to ''peak'' ad play his best football!? This would free up a loan place, for a player who could be the difference betweek staying up and not.

International "loans" are not loans as such, just temporary transfers. They don''t count towards the domestic loan allocation.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]on transfermarkt.com they have him listed as a loan, but we will have the option to buy him at the end of the season. If Hoots wants to buy him is it worth getting him now, as Lazio clearly dont need him and he is at an age where he is going to ''peak'' ad play his best football!? This would free up a loan place, for a player who could be the difference betweek staying up and not.[/quote]

A. He''s not counted against the two loan limit as he''s an overseas loan.

B. Given that we can buy him in the summer (when we''ll have a much bigger budget) and have much more pressing priorities now, why would you suggest using our limited funds to buy him now?

I get the feeling that Garrido''s signature is dependent on what league we are in. So the emphasis is for NCFC to stay in the premier if we want to sign him up.

I can''t see us signing him untill we know we are staying in the premiership. Which is how it should be done his wages won''t be cheap. So well done the board for waiting and he''s tweeted that he wants to stay

Hughton said in one of his interviews earlier in the season that there is no "option to buy/agreed fee" built in the loan

I would be interested to know what his actual wages are (not sure of the levels in Italy for wages) and whether we are paying 100% of them during the loan

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]on transfermarkt.com they have him listed as a loan, but we will have the option to buy him at the end of the season. If Hoots wants to buy him is it worth getting him now, as Lazio clearly dont need him and he is at an age where he is going to ''peak'' ad play his best football!? This would free up a loan place, for a player who could be the difference betweek staying up and not.[/quote]

A. He''s not counted against the two loan limit as he''s an overseas loan.

B. Given that we can buy him in the summer (when we''ll have a much bigger budget) and have much more pressing priorities now, why would you suggest using our limited funds to buy him now?

[/quote]

Because he''s a banana !