Sign in to follow this  
super canary

Linked with Carlton Cole this morning

I don''t mind him to be fair. Another Heskey type that got slated but if you look back was rather successful and many managers rated him.

Let me get this straight - a 29-year-old PL player with seven full England caps is not good enough for us? My how we''ve risen in the world.[:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Let me get this straight - a 29-year-old PL player with seven full England caps is not good enough for us? My how we''ve risen in the world.[:D][/quote]

We''ve been linked with better though, especially Hooper (and I pray every hour on the hour,) so expectations are higher. Positive thing surely?

Indeed it shows that we are rising in the World, much preferable to the opposite.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Let me get this straight - a 29-year-old PL player with seven full England caps is not good enough for us? My how we''ve risen in the world.[:D][/quote]

We''ve been linked with better though, especially Hooper (and I pray every hour on the hour,) so expectations are higher. Positive thing surely?

Indeed it shows that we are rising in the World, much preferable to the opposite.

[/quote]

Broadstairs, I was being a touch provocative, especially with the reference to winning England caps! Not sure how much of a recomendation that is...

But a more serious point is that some posters are assuming we are only looking to bring in one striker. I have no inside knowledge on this, but I suspect we are looking at two. One of each kind, as it were. In that case how about Hooper (your prayers having been answered) and Cole? Would that look so bad?

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Not at all PC, but we''d have to unload at the same time (Morison to Villa?) for the sake of the wages bill.[/quote]

Not just wages, but to keep to 25 players in the squad. But there are some others, such as Lappin, Barnett, Butterfield and Chris Martin, and possibly even Surman or Fox, who might be loaned out or sold.