Sign in to follow this  
Twitchy

Match thread

I just can''t wait for us to play like this in our next game! Maybe we''ll be punished and pull our socks up...

A month ago I thought we were certain to stay up but I have to say i''m getting a wee bit nervous now .

Javier''s Deaf Translator = Jackson simply isnt right for the way we play now. Proved last week that he can do it in the championship. But not v Newcastle.

Keep him for next season then!

[;)]

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]I just can''t wait for us to play like this in our next game! Maybe we''ll be punished and pull our socks up...[/quote]

I like Hughton but if it finishes 0-0 I can''t see the players ever getting "punished"

Very, virtually every pass has been overhit. I still can''t believe we didn''t score when it was 4 vs 2 in the first half. Unbelievable.

Yet another "off" day sadly, where has that good run gone?

I am questioning Hughton''s decision to not take of Hoolahoop though, possibly his worst game this season

Maybe CH wants a draw as a foundation to get on another run... or a win... I dunno, ridiculous. Need a point or three? Play Norwich.

We don''t look like scoring a goal at all.

If this match doesn''t seriously highlight the need for another striker and a left winger, nothing will...

Again given away needlessly by Hoolahan. Seriously, why is he still on the pitch?!

He''s been so poor today

Or a team of players that know how to pass the ball with some quality and not self destruct a break OR ruin any chance with a shot on goal.

And Elliot Ward scored if anyone cares?

I''m getting the impression CH has said "dont be too adventurous this half" or he is trying to salvage his nickname Chris "One Point" Hughton? Either way its been shit...

On the positive side, our defence has looked back to its solid self today

We could have played for hours, and I think we still wouldn''t have scored. Absolutely not good enough, hopefully that sends a clear message out for the need to bring in reinforcements in January. We are now just 7 points clear of the relegation zone, and unless we start picking up points from somewhere, we''re going to end up right back in the middle of that scrap...

absolute abysmal shower of 5h1t

terrible passing, terrible set pieces, negative 451 5h1t against a really poor newcastle team

this and the game away to Reading are probably THE worst premier league games ive ever seen

Ah what a terrible performance, this is fast becoming typical... No worries though folks, maybe the rumours are true and our saviour CMS is almost here!... /sarcasm

Well if they don''t sign a decent forward now, they''re eyes don''t work or their football brains have switched off!

So close, so far. Luck wasnt on our side today, but neither it was Newcastles side so draw was well written over it.

Imo our squad played good game, only end result was bad both open play chances and still ball chances.

I wouldnt blame anyone and at least I''m happy for performance. Our defence didnt have any problems and only few minor mistakes + we dictated the play.

Still point against team that is chasing us, is a point.

Whatever way you look at it that''s definitely 2 points dropped. And we just look so poor in front of goal and it is hurting us so badly

The midfield today had forgotten how to pass offensively - what a load of rubbish.  For once it was supposedly our strongest department that has let us down.  They need to be stopped from going to Gt Yarmouth tonight for a session on passing - dire.  Two points dropped.

Problem for me is those at the bottom at starting to pick up points now and no doubt with their financial situations will strengthen this window. I fear unless we get a couple of decent signings within next week or so we might be in real trouble.

Southampton and Reading both winning Wigan getting a point this really hasn''t been a good day at all