Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lawro predicts..............

Norwich v Newcastle

These are two more teams who are both badly in need of a win.

Norwich are on a run of four straight defeats and are in a mindset where they are thinking decisions - like the

penalty they conceded against West Ham

- are going against them.

In the Premier League, you cannot afford to think you

are being hard done by; you just have to get on with it, and focus on

the next game. By hook or by crook, Norwich need to stop this run.

Newcastle have problems of their own - I am not even sure what sort of team they will be able to turn out.

The Magpies have lots of injury problems and they are also going through a phase where they are conceding lots of goals.

Again, a draw is not much good to either team, but that''s what I''m going for.

Lawro''s prediction:

1-1

Could have told you that before he did...

He''s very very predictable, I bet nearly everyone in the universe would get a better score predicting his predictions than he does with his predictions.

[img]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/62453000/jpg/_62453299_mark-lawrenson-ff-header-464x81.jpg[/img]

Expert!!!!!! If his predictions were correct this season NCFC would be botom of the table.

He just does not like Norwich, as said after we sacked Brian Gunn we would go down to the 2nd division.

Reality shows we have just gone up a up from the Gunn Sacking.

Also he''s wrong to say that a draw isn''t much use to us.  It''s most important we stop our losing run, but a draw on Saturday, while disappointing, isn''t a useless result for us - if we get back to grinding out points from draws then we''ll comfortably be able to pick up the wins we need over the rest of the season.

Starting to sound like a broken record on this, but...

Lawro doesn''t write those reports, I know someone who was an intern at BBC Sports, and the predictions are generally done by one of the interns. I would imagine that the current person being handed the work is an Ipswich fan given the crappy results.

If you listen to Lawro on Football Focus or MOTD he says many things completely the opposite of these predictions - he was singing Norwich''s praise during our unbeaten run and recently said he has every confidence Hughton will turn the form around and Norwich will avoid relegation.

The comments about Gunn''s sacking were made off air as a private joke about a Norwich supporting colleague at the time - nothing more than a piss take.

Should we have a sticky where we try to predict Lawro''d predictions before he rolls out his anaemic spiel?I''m sure there used to be one on here or somewhere.

[quote user="TheRock"][img]http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/62453000/jpg/_62453299_mark-lawrenson-ff-header-464x81.jpg[/img][/quote][img]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/barclayendchoir/mark-lawrenson_zps31fbab3d.jpg[/img]

I love how everyone has ignored Bethnal...

But in response to you Bethnal, seems a bit dodgy, how can they say its him if he''s not writing it? Says Lawro was talking to BBC Sports Chris Bevan at the bottom, so I suppose Chris could just ask him a couple of Qs then write it up, or get someone else to do it, put Lawro''s name at te top so more people look.

Don''t see why Lawro can''t just do it hisself, surely he cares somewhat about his reputation, and I know it''s not just Norwich fans who get upset with him...

GP - it''s the same as the Page 3 girls enlightening insights and opinions, to the World and it''s problems, which I keep a keen eye out for (make your own jokes there if you wish).