Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

If Paul lambert gets sacked

Hughton is a far better premiership manager and he will not run off and leave us at the drop of a hat. I dont think lambert will be sacked in the near future villa cannot afford it and who would they get that would make a difference

No not in a million years. It''s got nothing to do with the manner he left the club but his continued policy of signing young lower league players would''ve caused us to stagnate and probably go down. We overperformed with him last year and I don''t think he had two years in him. Hughton is by far the better manage due to the way we now look like a prem team and the quality of players we are bringing in.

"No not in a million years. It''s got nothing to do with the manner he left the club but his continued policy of signing young lower league players would''ve caused us to stagnate and probably go down. We overperformed with him last year and I don''t think he had two years in him. Hughton is by far the better manage due to the way we now look like a prem team and the quality of players we are bringing in."

Do you think that policy might have had something to do with those unproven younger players come a lot cheaper? Let''s not forget that he had to build a squad to get out of League One, then to get out of the Championship then to compete in the Premier League. Each level required fairly major surgery to the squad so he didn''t the luxury of say, Swansea, who had been building a top Championship squad for 3 or 4 years that didn''t need too much work to compete in the Prem.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

"No not in a million years. It''s got nothing to do with the manner he left the club but his continued policy of signing young lower league players would''ve caused us to stagnate and probably go down. We overperformed with him last year and I don''t think he had two years in him. Hughton is by far the better manage due to the way we now look like a prem team and the quality of players we are bringing in."

Do you think that policy might have had something to do with those unproven younger players come a lot cheaper? Let''s not forget that he had to build a squad to get out of League One, then to get out of the Championship then to compete in the Premier League. Each level required fairly major surgery to the squad so he didn''t the luxury of say, Swansea, who had been building a top Championship squad for 3 or 4 years that didn''t need too much work to compete in the Prem.

[/quote]

Good point Mr B

Unfortunately, we''ll never know what players Lambert may have bought over the summer for us.  I''d expect we''d have got a striker or 2 last summer, and that we''d now be saying we need defenders.  Also, there is a lot of bashing of Lambert and his gung-ho approach for us, though when I''ve seen Villa this season, they''ve been anything but gung ho, the complete opposite almost, so we may not have carried on last season play and tactics into this season.  Always difficult to guess what might have been.

Anyway, back to the original question, no, I wouldn''t ditch Hughton for Lambert.  I think Lambert has well and truly burnt his bridges with us, and the club likewise.  Its not very often that a manager returns to a club and it works as well as the first time.  And thats not to mention the hatred that there is now for Lambert.  He made his bed, and I''m sure he''s very comfortable sleeping in it...

What would be intresting, is if the chance for Culverhouse or Karsa to come back arose.  Those were the guys who should''ve got a lot of the credit for their efforts during their time here.  I think they''d be welcome back, if they were seperated from Lambert.  Any thoughts on that scenario guys?

I belive we would be sat in relegation zone rit now if Lambert was still in charge. His style IMO took us as far as it could. Only way was down from there for me.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]I belive we would be sat in relegation zone rit now if Lambert was still in charge. His style IMO took us as far as it could. Only way was down from there for me.[/quote]I think there is a lot of truth in this.

Disregarding the manner in which he left entirely...

...No, we''ve moved on.

As others have said he was great for us but I think he took us as far as he could.

In what sense is he the Messiah? (Or even the Mesiah?)Let''s think about this a bit.If Lambert got sacked, we would then sack Hughton, pay him and his backroom staff off, and bring back the man who is sueing the club and who walked out as soon as a "better" offer came along.I think I''m going to say no, as this is a dreadful idea.

We play much better ''Premiership'' football under Hughton, and his signings have been superb. Absolute no from me. Lambert will forever hold my respect for the phenomenal achievements he accomplished here, but he took us as far as he could, and that''s where his chapter ended with us.

Hoots is doing a good job, and he deserves all our backing for it

in a heartbeatif it means i dont have to endure watching the complete negative pile of overly safe goal shy cr@p that hughton puts out then im all for it

[quote user="technika"]in a heartbeatif it means i dont have to endure watching the complete negative pile of overly safe goal shy cr@p that hughton puts out then im all for it

[/quote]Have you seen how many goals Villa have scored this season? 17, the lowest of any team.They''ve also conceded more goals than any other team too.

[quote user="technika"]in a heartbeatif it means i dont have to endure watching the complete negative pile of overly safe goal shy cr@p that hughton puts out then im all for it

[/quote]Have you seen Villa this year?

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="technika"]in a heartbeatif it means i dont have to endure watching the complete negative pile of overly safe goal shy cr@p that hughton puts out then im all for it

[/quote]Have you seen Villa this year?[/quote]

lambert & this squad were made for each other. that was proven over 3 seasons

villa

are a bunch of kids and hes clearly not been backed like he was

expecting to be. Im not going to defend the way he left, or the fact he

left for that shower BUT you cant deny how good a fit he was for this

club. The style worked, and thats my biggest gripe at the minute,

hughtons style is terrible to watch and the results arent that much

better either.

its not going to happen so it doesnt really matter. But id have him back and happily pay hughtons train ticket to brum

great avatar btw ;)