Sign in to follow this  
thenorthstand

Transfers Please

Today displayed how short we are going forward. Pilks, Snoddy, Holt and Hoolahan are all good players and fit well into the system but Holt cant be relied on to carry the team in terms of goals and players like Jackson, Morison and Kane aren''t good enough.

Holt will struggle for double figures this season (not his own fault, just a fact) and without another option we can face more 0-0 results and worse.

Next season''s fresh injection of cash for the PL means that staying up is SO important and £10 million to strengthen and rally for the rest of the season will seem insignificant.

PLEASE be proactive and strengthen Hughton/McNally and co, other teams will be.

[quote user="thenorthstand"]Today displayed how short we are going forward. Pilks, Snoddy, Holt and Hoolahan are all good players and fit well into the system but Holt cant be relied on to carry the team in terms of goals and players like Jackson, Morison and Kane aren''t good enough.

Holt will struggle for double figures this season (not his own fault, just a fact) and without another option we can face more 0-0 results and worse.

Next season''s fresh injection of cash for the PL means that staying up is SO important and £10 million to strengthen and rally for the rest of the season will seem insignificant.

PLEASE be proactive and strengthen Hughton/McNally and co, other teams will be.[/quote]

I agree with the need for attacking players, but don''t place any more emphasis on the need to stay up just because we''ll get more money. Every team in the PL will get more money and so our buying power will only increase relative to foreign leagues. Ultimately, it will all go on player wages anyway.

The reason we need to stay up is exactly BECAUSE every team in the PL will get more money. The 20 teams in the prem next year have a huge chance to set themselves up for years to come. The 3 relegated will wish they had thrown a bit more at it.

I''m sure they are, northstand. No need to panic.

However, I agree totally that today underlined our need for striker reinforcements. We played some decent stuff- whilst in no way being at our best, and that is simply down to our key creative players not playing well (this happens)- but we just failed to build momentum. Had we got ourselves a goal early(ish), Newcastle would have buckled.

Most interesting was seeing Hughton go absolutely apes**t on the touchline. Not a happy man- this is good!

There are strikers out there and we have an excellent scouting system and management team.

[quote user="Militant Canary"]I''m sure they are, northstand. No need to panic.

However, I agree totally that today underlined our need for striker reinforcements. We played some decent stuff- whilst in no way being at our best, and that is simply down to our key creative players not playing well (this happens)- but we just failed to build momentum. Had we got ourselves a goal early(ish), Newcastle would have buckled.

Most interesting was seeing Hughton go absolutely apes**t on the touchline. Not a happy man- this is good!

There are strikers out there and we have an excellent scouting system and management team.[/quote]

Didn''t see him going ape, that''s good to hear though.

I agree that we do have everything in place to bring the right players in, just hope the urgency to do so is there, the comments about Hughton being happy with the squad if nobody comes in are, I''m sure, just a way to keep the current players happy but they do worry me.

And Mrs. Miggins - the "piont" of this thread is to discuss, much like the rest of the threads on the forum.

[quote user="ridgeman"]"Hughton has said he is trying to sign players" he has just said that the club has made no bids so not trying that hard.[/quote]

He said he hasn''t made a bid for hooper he said. And you can enquire about a player btw.

(And i''m sorry for not spelling point correctly.)

After picking up 26 points so far this season, I think the time is right to strengthen.  We definitely need a big striker to lead the line and to give Holt some competition.  I''d also look for a smaller, speedy striker to pick up on any layoffs and flick-ons from Holt.  I''d quite like to see us look at an attacking midfielder, we could also do with a stronger option on the left wing/left midfield and a "proper" ball playing central midfielder would be useful provided we could bring in a better option as an outlet on the right flank.  This would be helped if our right back position was tightened up though Whittaker looks a good second choice if pushed, and I would like to see Garrido become less complacent by signing a left back with the ability to get up and down the pitch, which would be assisted if we had dependable centre backs - could we strengthen there?  Finally I''m not convinced by Bunn and a goalkeeper must be on the agenda at some point.I''d also like a range of substitutes to all get between six and ten minutes per game regardless of whether we are winning or losing.

Chops you wont see full backs bombing up and down the pitch with Hughton as manager, he is too defensive for that to happen.

The fact that QPR and Villa haven''t signed anyone yet suggests that we shouldn''t panic yet.

The former sign players as often as the Queen hears the national anthem and the latter need to sign players as much as an eskimo requires an igloo.

Massively unfair to say Jackson isn''t good enough based on today''s game. Our failure to win today''s game was due to 4/5 of our midfield (Wes, Pilks, Snoddy & Tettey) playing well below their usual level, wouldn''t have mattered if we''d have had RVP up front. We got into some decent positions but time and time again picked the wrong ball or were just plain sloppy when it mattered.

Hmm.

I''m of the opinion that Highland Canary is like Mungo Bumpkin, only marginally more subtle.

You know what, Highland? You right. We should all start panicking right now. In fact, I''ve decided to support Man Utd. F**k you, Norwich. How dare you not win every game!

Absolutely spot on, Brownstone.

And this, in itself, is not worth panicking over- its just bloody annoying because Newcastle aren''t very good and are there for the taking.

The positives are that it is another point on the board, a clean sheet and an important (if unspectacular) end to an unfortunate losing run.

It will improve.