Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Reasons to be cheerful 1,2,3....4

12th place in league.Point gained, stopping the bad run of results after four unarguably difficult fixtures.Clean sheet.Holt back to full fitness.Be unhappy if you want.  Realism says given the circumstances, today was a more than acceptable result.You can''t win them all!!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Be unhappy if you want.  Realism says given the circumstances, today was a more than acceptable result.[/quote]Against a team who lost 5 in a row, sold their best player and had suspension and injury problems throughout the team, I think a tame 0-0 draw at home is the minimum acceptable result.I totally understand why people are annoyed about the result.  I''m more sanguine about it.  But to say it was "more than acceptable" shows your low standards/expectations, I''m afraid.

While I understand the OP''s point, I think yesterday uncovered our lack of options up front agan. It''s painfull but clear to see how things changed with our talisman and it''s a serious achilles heel if you only have one such a striker in your ranks! Naturally you won''t be able to go on the transfer market and get such a player, just like that. But we need someone that''s for sure and I don''t think you can counter that LDC , ''cause that is realism too m8. Rather dissapointed with the result actually, but we kept a clean sheet and we didn''t lose after a few losses in a row.I just hope our boardroam watched the game with their football brains activated, ''cause we really a cutting edge. Have to admit though that the midfield was to blame yesterday with cr@p passing and no service, but the few chances created would have been put away by a goalscorer.