Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

The fickle are really spreading through here aren't they!

Right, so I just got back from the game and I have to say some of the stuff I have seen on here is a joke.

I don''t know why people are whinging over a draw, it was a very likely result to end in a draw. I would rather have three points, yes, but I can settle for an end to a 4 game defeat streak and a point to pick up.

In the long term this could be useful, Hughton (I''m sure he already did though) knows that he needs to get a striker. Today was for the best regarding transfers as it might get the alarm bells ringing up front.

Onto Hughton, why are people whining about him! I thought he chose the team well today. People wanted Jackson to play so he started. People have been ranting about earlier subs for weeks now and he did it and people still complain! Unless Hughton has a remote control he uses to control the players on the field, I saw no fault with his decisions today.

Now onto us fans, I thought it was disgraceful for so many people to leave early and boo at full time. Yes, the players performed badly but yet again we forget we had Chelsea and Man city (and we nearly scraped something from Man City and held Chelsea pretty well). The players were good in midfield I thought, it was just the lack of punch up front, the defense, when called into action performed well too (except in the first 10 mins).

So everybody, untwist your knickers and ''take a chill pill''!

You know who you are!

*cough cough....stig....cough cough...GP....cough cough.... MANY OTHERS!*

I thought so.

Jackson had a poor game in my opinion. He couldn''t get past a tough newcastle defense and didn''t seem willing to get really stuck in there. He also didn''t pose a threat from corners and set pieces.

Holt was the right move for me, he brought some muscle and height to the team. We just didn''t take advantage.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]So Jackson off for Holt when Wes was having a stinker was a good move ?
[/quote]

Wes usually links up well with Holt so it might have paid off.

Jacko had been largely ineffective''

Bennett''s arrival was belated IMO.

People boo''d around me at half time and I lost my rag with them. Needless to say they didn''t boo at the end. Shocking behaviour, our fans are so fickle and have quickly forgotten where we have come from. I wonder how many of the booers were at Charlton away or Colchester at home etc.

Get behind the team as booing has never achieved anything.

We didn''t play we''ll today and a lot of players had an off day but I trust Hughton to turn it around.

Nah I''m afraid I feel I have more than valid points cat. Sure I''m being a bit one sidedely negative and the major plus point is the draw and the end of a poor run of results but no sign to the end of sloppy play and nothing being done about it.

That said! There is no way I would have booed, that''s not on at all. I''ve calmed down a bit now, but I''m far from happy with what came from NCFC today. Paired with the building frustration of the transfer window I''m getting narky. I apologise for my overreaction, I just expect better. I don''t like waiting a couple of weeks for a poor draw and no developent in the squad, you get that right?

I felt sorry for Jackson tbh, didn''t really get any service today at all.

We all know that he performs best with alongside a target man - but I can understand why CH chose to keep Wes on over him.

The only concern I have is our performances against the bottom 6. last season we won 6 drew 4 and lost 2 against the bottom 6 i.e. 22 points or ~ 1.8 points per game. This season our record in 7 games is 2 wins, 4 draws and a defeat i.e. 10 points or ~ 1.4 points per game. let''s hope this 22% reduction in points doesn''t come back to haunt us at the season''s end.

Aah the ''look how far we''ve come'' response. The golden oldie for any slightly negative opinion.

We were poor today. Offered nothing in the first half and but for Russell Martins effort and Holts last minute header course have ended the game having offered nothing.

It''s not that people on the forum are inherently negative an eagerly await they''re chance to show it. But what happed to the team that beat Arsenal and Man Utd and looked unbeatable at home?

Exactly what Phyxius said, even if that isn''t a Redskins helmet! The team can perform to superb levels in the premier league. Norwich could be a bloody amazing force in the prem if we could maintain that sort of form. Alas... We can''t!

Other games at home this season have been similar, ie QPR, West Ham and Stoke. The Stoke game in particular, the only difference today was that our set pieces weren''t up to the usual standard, which is where alot of our threat comes from. We set up to be hard to beat and to try to pinch a goal through a quality delivery. That''s the Hughton method and it got us a point again today, and let me tell you to anyone that booed that a point in this league is hard earned, whoever it''s against. What right have we as fans to expect us to beat Newcastle at home?!

The lack of Holt has obviously been a problem in the last 4-5 games, Chelsea accepted. I''m sure we''ll make a striker purchase in this window but it probably, as with most, won''t come until near the end of the window. That is simply because the selling Club will typically stall to try to get other bids in and force the buyer into a higher bid as the pressure to purchase mounts. There is not much the buying Club can do to stop it and that''s why you tend to pay ''over the odds'' as Hughton put it earlier.

I still look at the table and see us as a good 6 points ahead of schedule. That could be a useful point today, only about 4 wins needed from 16 games and still we have Reading, Soton, Villa, Fulham, Swansea, WBA to come at home and QPR, Sunderland and Wigan away so no need to panic!

My problem with you stig isn''t so much a negative attitude you have displayed, but that usually you are one of the more positive posters on the board, then you throw hissy fits when it doesn''t come out as pure gold.

It''s absurd.

See, it''s not that it wasn''t pure gold... It''s that it was pure sh!te! A 0-0 draw is usually somewhere in the middle, each team is usually *just* not good enough. But as it were, the result might as well have been -1 - -1...

Just a bit of class is all I wanted, and as I said I know I flew off the handle and apologised accordingly. In the future I will be more quiet when I''m thoroughlly dissapointed in a game of football I was looking forward to after a crap shift at work ;)

''Beefy is a legend'' said: "What right have we as fans to expect us to beat Newcastle at home?!"

Every right.

We''ve beaten Arsenal and Man Utd at home. Won five straight at one point. Lost to Chelsea just 1-0 and scored 3 against Man City.

We are formidable at home and Newcastle haven''t won any of their now 17 away games this season. A banker win if ever there should be.

We seem to be set up to not loose to teams rather than win games under Hughton. Why did we sign Kane as he doesn''t get much game time. We desperately need new striking options sooner rather than later!

I think fickle fans are a symptom of being a Premier League club.Once in this division it seems to attract people who have very little idea about the game.

the OP is obviously happy after that awful performance then? Wow, we ended our four game losing run with a goalless draw against the poorest team we have played all season!!!! Good form to take to Liverpool next week, we have an ultra cautious manager who should have been more adventurous for a change!!

I think baldyboy and Highland need to swallow the pills their doctors gave them!

Even for you afflicted, you must know that we are only a couple of wins away from safety...

No need to panic you numpties.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]My question is if we can''t beat the Newcastle team we saw today where will these elusive 40 points come from?[/quote]14 points, not 40.Southampton, Wigan, Aston Villa, West Brom, Fulham, QPR, Swansea, Reading.

People making critical comments about a poor performance isn''t really panicking though is it? The people making those comments aren''t necessarily negative supporters either, they just weren''t happy about some aspects today. And they''ve generally been able to express what those aspects are eloquently and with sound reasoning.

Or you could paint yourself as Mr Positive and deride anyone who doesn''t agree with you as fickle and negative in order to attract more attention to your post.

''Beefy is a legend'' said: "What right have we as fans to expect us to beat Newcastle at home?!"

Every right.

We''ve beaten Arsenal and Man Utd at home. Won five straight at one point. Lost to Chelsea just 1-0 and scored 3 against Man City.

We are formidable at home and Newcastle haven''t won any of their now 17 away games this season. A banker win if ever there should be.

Phyxius, I think you misunderstand the point I''m making. Those 5 wins in a row were outstanding results, against the odds as it were, and just because we got those wins, it still doesn''t mean that we should expect to beat a Newcastle side which is worth far more, with more international players, on far higher wages, who have been established in the league far longer than us. We are capable of beating them, but we shouldn''t expect it and my criticism was of those boo boys at the end of the game who think that ''only a point'' isn''t good enough.

To the other poster who said something along the lines of ''if we can''t beat Newcastle who can we beat'', that is a ridiculous argument. By that rationale, having beaten Man Utd at home we should win every single home game shouldn''t we?! We have a fine home record and as long as we are picking up consistent points at Carrow Road, particularly against sides outside the top six, then we''ll be fine. Compare our home form to that of Aston Villa (just lost to Spurs, Wigan and Soton consecutively) and I think you''ll agree they have much more to worry about than we do.

"Or you could paint yourself as Mr Positive and deride anyone who doesn''t agree with you as fickle and negative in order to attract more attention to your post. "

Ooh! Ad hominem!

Beefy - I agree with the majority of your post and the well-considered reasoning.

The only part I disagree with is that I don''t think most people are annoyed with the actual result, but the manner in which we achieved it. I''d take nil-nil if we had really gone for it and been thwarted by a great goalkeeping performance and resolute defence. As it was, we had very few chances, Krul was barely called on and though we worked hard to win the ball, we then wasted almost every opportunity we got ourselves into through appalling delivery so all the defence had to do was put one defender on the near post for every cross or set piece and allow him to clear the inevitable poor ball.

Sometimes these days happen, but the frustration comes not in the problem itself but the lack of an attempt at solving the problem by the manager. And the likelihood that the same players will be playing next game again and still playing in exactly the same way but will never be dropped because the manager fears change.

I take your point Canary. There are definitely a number of our support who aren''t enjoying the Hughton style vs what we had under Lambert.

Personally I''m realistic. If we have the best players in the league then we could maybe expect an expansive game. We don''t, and we need to get to 40 points as quickly as possible. Judging by results Hughton is doing the job he has been appointed to do and that is what matters to me, and to the board.

I also think there is a slight exaggeration of how ''defensive minded'' we are. We''ve had several games with multiple goals, including 4-3''s v Swansea and Citeh in recent matches. The big problem at the minute is no Holt has stopped our system working as effectively as it did v Man Utd and Arsenal, and consequently we don''t look a progressive side, but judged on only a few games, looks can be deceiving...