Sign in to follow this  
Swollen ankles

Jackson didn't do no wrong

Willing runner but didn''t have any decisive through balls to him. There is no point lumping it up to him but even when our team kept deciding to do this he surprisingly took down and control alot. He needed a man next to him though so he could make the runs off. Hoolahan had a stinker although has been one of our best players this season. Hoolahan refuses to pass quickly at times and it annoyed me so much when he took the ball off Jackson when Jackson could of gone through on goal only to loose it.

We played a lone striker who is different from our usual type but we failed to adapt our play to suit his strengths on enough occasions. We moved the ball quickly on 3 or 4 occasions in the game and it worked well before Newcastle had time to get back in numbers causing them problems, despite this the rest of the time we seemed hesitant and allowed them time to deal with the attack. Simeon did well and worked hard for the time he was on the pitch, he just needed the midfield to move the ball to him more quickly.

There was at least two opportunites to give Jackson a chance on goal. The 1st one Hoolahan put him through but over hit the pass. 2nd one the keeper just beat him to the ball from a Norwich header!

Willing runner but not suited to playing upfront on his own!

Yes we need another striker but today the final ball to our strikers wern''t good enough so we could of had a much better striker than Jackson upfront and he''d of done no more cause the service wasn''t there!

[quote user="Rivvo"]We played a lone striker who is different from our usual type but we failed to adapt our play to suit his strengths on enough occasions. We moved the ball quickly on 3 or 4 occasions in the game and it worked well before Newcastle had time to get back in numbers causing them problems, despite this the rest of the time we seemed hesitant and allowed them time to deal with the attack. Simeon did well and worked hard for the time he was on the pitch, he just needed the midfield to move the ball to him more quickly.[/quote]

^ ^ This!!!Jackson is a good player - but the quality has to be there from the rest of the team to make the best of him.    No striker will score goals if the service from midfield isn''t there.

Im sorry but he is just nowhere near premiership standard and the sooner we replace the likes of him martin and temporary man kane with better options the better. How many other premiership sides would take him? I would honestly say NONE!! The only striker up to it is Holt and then Morrisson only escapes the chop as he is the only other option to Holt. If we could re-coup the money paid for both jackson and morison (3.8million is it?) And get say 250k for martin then that could be added to a pot to sign two prem class forwards.. easier said than done i know!

Jackson is not a Premiership striker end of.

Maybe someone can name a Premiership team he would get in ?

Reading at a push... now to put jackson where he belongs, (championship) you could probably name ten sides that wouldnt even start him in their starting 11!

I like Jackson, you know he''ll give you his best and you can tell he''s got a great attitude. Plus, you can''t forget his crucial goals to get us into the Premier League.

However, for half the season he has barely featured and he''s only now come into the team because of a lack of options and, unfortunately, that tells you all you need to know. But I''ll put it more simply anyway, if Jackson was that good a forward at this level then he''d have featured a lot more than he has.

He never looked like causing Newcastle any problems and to stand any of chance of doing that he needed the manager to make some decisions and changes that would benefit him - which didn''t happen.

He did not get a fair roll of the dice today. I honestly think he can cut it in the Prem.TBH, following today If I were Jacko, I would be asking for a transfer.The fact Hughton subbed him and not Wes is criminal. Wes was appauling.

An appalling Wes is worth having in the side over Jackson at his best. More interested in where his shorts are hanging than where the ball is. He is nothing more than a cheap bench warmer. A transfer request wold raise little attention at any club, even here.

Disgusted at some of the comments on here especially the last one. Jackson was never going to do well today because we didn''t play to his strengths mainly because Hoolahan was abysmal and Pilks looked disinterested. Remember the Liverpool game, Jackson played up to with Holt and was superb, so much so his substitution was met with a chorus of boos at the dug out. The argument that Jackson wouldn''t get into another prem team is absurd though as he is a squad player and doesn''t get into our starting 11 when Holt/Morison are fit so why are people saying he gets in ours but no others?

[quote user="The gut"]An appalling Wes is worth having in the side over Jackson at his best. More interested in where his shorts are hanging than where the ball is. He is nothing more than a cheap bench warmer. A transfer request wold raise little attention at any club, even here.[/quote]Id rather have Moro play than Wes today he was that poor

It''s all a matter of opinion I guess, but in mine, Wes could never play badly enough to have Moro or Jacko on the pitch instead of him.

I imagine that some are remembering that Wes conceded possession a few times today, but forgetting that he was no where near alone in this, also there was always the chance that he could create something. I think some are forgetting that Jackson was never going to get the ball so he could give it away, and has he ever looked that he might create something?

In my opinion Jackson is an hard working lad and runs his heart out but when in fron of goal seems to lack the composure at this level to be successful. All those who think this is what it takes....well at some point the strikers have to score goals and if they don''t should they be in the team.

After all we don''t offer defenders or the goalkeeper the same level of sentiment if they don''t do their jobs properly.

If we were to play any other Premiership side with Simeon in the starting line-up then I would not consider that to be a very good Premiership side.

He has done well for NCFC in the past and owes the Club nothing, but a few bright moments at Premiership level is not enough when combined with a very limited return of goals. These short-comings are increased by Hughton''s preference for playing just one up-front, even at home to weakish outfits like Newcastle.

We should be aspiring to improvement upon this player, along with a few others who need not be mentioned. I, personally, would have preferred Kane today and I am not overwhelmed by  him thus far. However, I feel that he would have been a bit more likely to score that vital goal than Jacko. 

Jackson''s immediate future lies in the Championship, IMO, where he should do well.  Cash in Hoots. I like a lot about the player, but today''s performance suggested to me that his days at the Carra should be numbered.

There are some strange folk on here.

Cinnamon tries his bollocks off, wins things he shouldn''t but isn''t Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler or Chicharito. WTF are some of you expecting?

We looked more dangerous when Holt came on.... No fkkking sh1t....

Holt is our talisman, the número uno. And as for slating Wes. FFS..... Watch the game. The Geordies did one thing well, that was the double teaming on Snodgrass and Hoolahan. Wes played under real pressure today, I don''t know if any of you have played in "the hole" but, if every time the ball is banged in to your feet you''ve got an oppo touch tight behind you, it''s more difficult!!!! Wes worked hard for his space but Newcastle had done their homework.

No Holt, Stop Wes, no goal threat.

Im really gonna have to have my tin hat on but i don''t care,

How did wes do well to get in to space? He stole the ball off of so many players feet and then lost it, it''s unbelievable how people slate Jako who did get in to the right places and did creat some good space the amount of times he had his hand up and called for the ball and then wes and his superb decision making would pass it out wide instead of putting Jackson through on goal is unbelievable!

Some people really need to take the wes goggles off and really watch him. His stats this season are 2 assists and 2 goals, he''s supposed to be a creative player doesn''t sound that creative to me, people seem to think that because he can do a 360 with the ball and pass it back he is amazing.. Wrong

[quote user="Highland Canary"]You could make an argument to play Jackson in a 4-4-2 but he''s not the right player as a lone striker in our current system.[/quote]As a lone striker his ineffectiveness is almost inevitable. The ugly midfield play didn''t really help his cause, it was a bad game. He should only be on as a sub when Hughton is trailing and willing to sacrifice a midfielder and pair him with Holt. [quote user="Grant Holts Cod piece"]He was poor today really poor we only looked threatening when holt came on[/quote]Newcastle didn''t have a sniff of goal until the last 20-25 minutes... City never looked like scoring.

[quote user="barclay_boy111"]Im really gonna have to have my tin hat on but i don''t care,

How did wes do well to get in to space? He stole the ball off of so many players feet and then lost it, it''s unbelievable how people slate Jako who did get in to the right places and did creat some good space the amount of times he had his hand up and called for the ball and then wes and his superb decision making would pass it out wide instead of putting Jackson through on goal is unbelievable!

Some people really need to take the wes goggles off and really watch him. His stats this season are 2 assists and 2 goals, he''s supposed to be a creative player doesn''t sound that creative to me, people seem to think that because he can do a 360 with the ball and pass it back he is amazing.. Wrong[/quote]Hoolahan was certainly shocking

I think we all agree, he''s a lovely lad who''s honest as the day is long & gives his all, but he''s just not quite there at this level.

As has been pointed out, which other teams would start him? That''s the telling point.

[quote user="ron obvious"]I think we all agree, he''s a lovely lad who''s honest as the day is long & gives his all, but he''s just not quite there at this level. As has been pointed out, which other teams would start him? That''s the telling point.[/quote]

I don''t agree and if you read this thread alone, several others don''t too![:^)]

Assuming the OP actually means that Jackson did good yesterday I have to say that many seem to be confusing working hard with beinf effective. I''m in the ''not premiership quality'' camp.

Without a new face in the forward line the second half of the season could be somewhat of a trial for us all. The challenge is to find such a face within our means.

OTBC!

I like Jackson but anyone who thinks he could be consistently up to the level we need either in general play or the number of goals he would score over the course of a season is deluded. He''ll have odd momments when he can cause a problem down to his good attitude and workrate but consistently he is not going to give a centre back at this level enough to think about.