Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers Week 22

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 22 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have yet another PUP legend with Beauseant in charge and making the final selections. Beaus is a previous PUPs Champion. He won our coveted trophy in 2011 and has always been really consistent and right up there in his other seasons too. Beaus has had three previous attempts at the final six and has been really unlucky having got five from six on each occasion. As well as being a top PUP Robin also writes a column about our beloved club for the EDP. Proving, as with Dr Vinyl last week, we really do have some talented PUPs amongst us.

All you PUPs were on terrific form last week helping Wazzy get us back to winning ways and we need more of the same for Beauseant this week. I would really love to see him finally get his name on Ray’s signature and we can make that happen.  

I’ve had to make some changes to the provisional rota for February. Please let me know if these dates are ok. As always I can facilitate a change if necessary.

Feb   2nd  Fonejacker

Feb   9th   Trent Canary

Feb  16th   Mister Chops

Feb  23rd  Leeds Canary

So now Ill hand the thread over to Beauseant. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Robin ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)].............

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1897 for the Academy,so far.

Many thanks for the intro Nutty. As you pointed out, I''m keen to finally get over the line having had three near misses but the great thing about this thread is that, like football itself,  its all about the good of the collective not personal glory.

I know, of course, that I''ll get great picks from the Pups and will aim to do my picking early on Friday evening, so let''s be having you!

To Serie A this week with

Napoli (3rd, 7-2-1 25-11 at home) vs Palermo (2nd bottom 0-3-7 4-17 away) - Home Win

Best of luck Beaus, and all you PUPs

Good evening to you Nutty,very good luck to you Beauseant and in fact not forgetting all you other PUPs out there.

I hope i am not tempting fate but off to Jockland for the third week in the last four the last time being a 90th minute winner for Rangers at Q of S.

This week i hope for a HOME WIN for RANGERS v Berwick.

Gah, really struggling to find a pick at the moment. Was going to pick Napoli, but don''t want to duplicate this early in the thread, then found a great game in French third division, but no odds on Bet365, then found an even better one at decent odds in French second division, but its on Friday evening so no good. Can I pick a horse? :P

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Gah, really struggling to find a pick at the moment. Was going to pick Napoli, but don''t want to duplicate this early in the thread, then found a great game in French third division, but no odds on Bet365, then found an even better one at decent odds in French second division, but its on Friday evening so no good. Can I pick a horse? :P[/quote]

LOL buddy...

Horse sense is what stops horses betting on football[;)]

Firstly, belated congrats to Wazzy for last week[:D]

My offering for this week is from the 5th Round of the Irish Cup:

BALLYMENA -v- Warrenpoint Town   HOME WIN

Good Luck Robin and all you Lovely PUPs[:)]

Blue Square Conference North, and top of the table CHESTER CITY to win away at bottom of the table Hinckley Town please.Good luck Pups, may the force be with you.

To Spain and Segunda B Grupo 1.

Tenerife to win at home against Marino.

Top versus bottom. Tenerife with a 7-3-0 and 21/3 home record. Marino with a 0-2-8 and 7/23 away record.

Good luck to all!

Championship for me this week, Cardiff v Ipswich HOME win please.  Both on fairly good form, but I think Cardiff will want to bounce back from their shock defeat to Macclesfield.  And of course, I''d love them to give the Binners a good thumping!!

Best of luck all

I would strongly advise against selecting anything I pick these days Beau, as my plummet down the PUPs league continues and at this rate I''ll be lucky to make the cut. However in teh words of _Paul Lambert "You have to regroup and go again. We''ve got to come out of the blocks. There''s no grey area. We know what we have to do. We have to do better." Shere goes:

Bayern Munich to beat Greuther Furth.

Good luck Beau and all PUPs !

Was looking at maybe going for Lyon to win away at Troyes who are second from bottom but Lyon''s away form isn''t that great, so opted to follow others, as there doesn''t seem to be any real stand out games in Europe this week as so many are on their winter break.

PSG to win Alaccio

Good Luck Beaus and all PUPs

MC 

Firstly Congratulations to First Wazzock for last week''s great result.

I''m taking a bit of a risk, Barcelona to Win away at Malaga, Malaga''s form isn''t bad but they don''t have a great record against Barcelona. Odds 2/5.

Good luck Beauseant, my fingers are crossed!

Come on gang....let''s get focused. A couple of you are picking Friday games, which you are entitled to do, but it''s not really helping Beauseant and, Kathy, I think you have selected a game that will be played on the following weekend.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Come on gang....let''s get focused. A couple of you are picking Friday games, which you are entitled to do, but it''s not really helping Beauseant and, Kathy, I think you have selected a game that will be played on the following weekend.[/quote]

Thanks for posting Yankee. I nearly posted the same thing earlier. I messaged Kathy so I''m sure she''ll be back. The Friday game is more of a problem though because I won''t be around until after midnight to place the bet. While Friday games are fine for personal stats the most important reason for selecting is to give Beaus enough options from which to select his final six. For this purpose Friday games are useless unless special arrangements can be made.

League Two where Burton Albion have a fairly sound home record (8-3-2-28-14) and are chasing a play-off spot, entertain Torquay (2-5-5-9-11).Burton Albion v Torquay.......Home win. Good luck Beauseant. [Y]

I''m still hopeful more games will appear on Bet365. But as I won''t have so much time tomorrow I''m going with the best new alternative I can find today. That is in the Scottish first division where Dunfirmline (Home record W5 D2 L2 F14 A6) are at home to Airdrie (Away record W2 D2 L5 F8 A21).

Dunfirmline Athletic               v               Airdrie United               Home Win

Good luck Robin and all you PUPs.

Off to the chumpionship for me where I expect Cardiff to smash the Binners and then some.Cardiff = Home Win.Good luck all.

Good Luck Robin, heres to you adding to Wazzy''s great win last week! (sorry I wasn''t around Wazzy to help - well done!)Tried extra special to make a selection this week as I do believe this week marks the anniversary of the great Ray''s untimely passing.Reading v WEST BROM - AWAY WIN is my nap this week Beaus old chap!Leedscanary