Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

6500 season tickets in just 3 weeks!

I think this shows just how fabulous the Norwich City support is. Considering there is a slight price rise and with us not knowing which league we''ll be playing in next year, it''s a great figure.  Personally I didn''t have to think twice when I got the renewal form in the post. 

It goes to show just how much we have come forward as a club in the past 5/6 years though.  Back in the Hamilton era I couldn''t have dreamed of being where we are. 

It''s a good time to be a Norwich fan

Yes it is a magnificent figure, however what will be interesting is the number signed up at the beginning of next season if we get relegated.

I don''t think it will make any difference whether we get relegated or not.  The ones who have renewed their season ticket already know relegation is a possibility.

I haven''t renewed mine yet but I will do next time I go to Carrow Road.

people may think we''ll be relegated this season and have still renewed theyre season tickets... but also take into consideration that almost everyone is expecting us to bounce straight back up again, so theyre looking forward of a nice season of winning again then back into the prem.

the real test of loyalty will be if we go down and dont come back up again. then i''ll be very suprised if we have similar numbers of people renewing.

Well I''ve just renewed my season ticket, and I''m pretty well chuffed that 6499 devoted followers of NCFC have followed suit.

It is an expensive pursuit following a footie club (I never buy programs nowadays) and I''m certain that £3 to £400+ quid to most fans including families, is a substantial amount of cash - especially the die-hards who also travel to all the away games "I salute you all". At the end of the day though, we don''t follow the club as a matter of routine, it''s a way of life, and commited folk arrange their lifestyles around the season.

Anyway, 11 FA Cup Finals to go! and I know we are in with a shout of remaining in the top flight. "Keep the Filth!" OTBC ;~)

[quote]Well i shall be renewing as normal what ever league we are in and in what ever year.[/quote]

Exactly right Barclay end boy.  We could be banished to the Ryman League next year and i would still turn up!!

I think that the above poster is correct - most people, like me, have renewed even though it''s almost certain that we''ll finish in the bottom 3. I''ve done so because (a) we''ll go back up again next season anyway - honest! (b) we''ll get exciting football every week again and we might win a few matches! (c) I''ll support the team whatever - what else would we do on Saturday afternoons!