Sign in to follow this  
Northantshatter

Cup Game

Hi Guys,

First of all apologies for the moronic luton fan that keeps posting on your board, were not all idiots,

Anyway, I spent a few good years in Norfolk and am looking forward to coming back for the weekend, and looking forward to a competive game.

The reason for the post is I just want to get your views on the game, our fall from grace has been well talked about and its a chance for us to a least play in a decent stadium and I must admit it will make a nice change, and one im looking forward too. Our allocation has sold out and im hearing you guys are selling your tickets fairly quickly so hoping for a near sell out and a decent atmosphere and not a complete thrashing.

One theory I have is that the majority or the Norfolk population are racist bigots

No in all seriousness there seems to be a stigma attached to your club where most rival fans hate you, don''t know why, I actually quite like Luton, perhaps because I lived there for a few years

In answer to your questions, I was gutted to see you fall out of the football league, and hope this will be 4th time lucky for yoi this year, Luton needs a football league club

I run a ladies football team (crawley green) who have links with Luton as well...ill be supporting Norwich tho on the 26th obviously

I can assure you that you''re not the only one!! Bloody playoffs!! I used to live on Crawley Green Road, Know the area well!! Strangely enough our attendances havent really dropped since weve been stuck down here!!

Yes Luton has always been a well supported club even through the dark days

I used to work at playfootball.net behind stopsley high school and there was a definite drop in business when Luton were relegated

welcome to the madness of the pinkun forum, hope you enjoy your day out, but not too much obviously.

There does seem to be quite an anti Luton feeling and the other poster doesnt help with that.  Not quite sure why this is, i remember going to Luton back in the old plastic ptich days, what a nightmare that was!

Its always a shame for the fans how a club falls apart and ends up in the lower leagues, without Lambert taking over when he did we may well have joined you.

Good luck for the rest of the season, hope to see you back in the football league soon

Haha that''s brilliant, I went to Ashcroft as well! Lived down High Town road I think it was. Bit of a trek across town to get to school. I never went to see Luton play, was before my football days. Still having grown up in Luton I have a fondness for the club, but Norwich it is for me - born in Gorleston!

Looking forward to the match, should be a cracker!

Nice to see a Hatters fan on here not just on a wind-up.

A couple of questions for you: what strip are your team likely to be sporting, and why does your club keep changing its colours?

Anyway, enjoy your day. Should be a good atmosphere with all the Luton fans there.

Oi oi, I am not on a wind up. I am on the banter bus, so suggest you hop on board.

Why do we keep changing our colours? F### knows! Orange is probably to do with easyjet.

I

Ong to return to black and white at home and orange away.

When did you guys stop using xasara (think that was it) for your kits. Always thought they produce a top drawer kit.

Im going to ignore the wind up merchant who claims to be a hatter, orange has always been in our kits somwhere, they brought it back a few times as away strips over the recent years, and in 2011 brought the orange one in as a home strip, a throwback to the 70''s, and i would imagine we will wear our navy away strip. Or possibly our white 3rd kit.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]One theory I have is that the majority or the Norfolk population are racist bigots No in all seriousness there seems to be a stigma attached to your club where most rival fans hate you, don''t know why, I actually quite like Luton, perhaps because I lived there for a few years In answer to your questions, I was gutted to see you fall out of the football league, and hope this will be 4th time lucky for yoi this year, Luton needs a football league club I run a ladies football team (crawley green) who have links with Luton as well...ill be supporting Norwich tho on the 26th obviously[/quote]

Even in jest that''s poor Jez.

There''s always been a bit of feeling about Luton. The 59 cup run still rankles with many. We beat so many top sides but lost to Luton in a replay in the semis.

For me it''s their idiot chairman banning me from their tinpot ground in ''86. Then their ridiculous plastic pitch that injured players and gave them an unfair edge. And last but not least having to go through some blokes house to enter the away end. I don''t think yer man lives in Cumbria at all. I think it''s his house we have to go through.

I''ve seen your bathroom fatboy!

This was the game I was banned for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihzk2wvr9Io

Didn''t miss much and at least Ashley Grimes didn''t gob on his team mate............

this time!

Nutty, I think you have mentioned everything that underpins my particular dislike for Luton.  Oh apart from DAvid Pleat and his silly little skip across Maine Road.  But even though I wasn''t even a twinkle in my parents eye in ''59, as they were there I was force fed on "hating" Luton and it has kind of stuck.  That plastic pitch pitch did them no favours.  I always enjoyed entering the ground through that terraced house to the away end  - do you still have to do that - I hasten to add I am not foreseeing the need this year!!

Indeed you do, Kenilworth Road is a dive, no one denys that but id rather that than move to a souless ground, i.e coventry,southampton etc! Kenilworth Road has a cracking atmosphere when full

[quote user="Northantshatter"]Indeed you do, Kenilworth Road is a dive, no one denys that but id rather that than move to a souless ground, i.e coventry,southampton etc! Kenilworth Road has a cracking atmosphere when full[/quote]...your memory is that good? only joking.

Ill give you that one it was quite funny, We still average about 6k a week, the ground only holds 9500, away end holds 2000, were lucky to get 100 away fans a week come!! Its quite depressing!!

i think any fans that travel away to places like cambridge utd, hyde, kiddeminster & newport and pay £15 to £20 a ticket to watch that sort of level (lol - no offence but.....) of football deserve some respect

agreed. and i think that fans who only travel away to places like chelsea, man utd, arsenal & spurs and pay £40 to £60 to watch that sort of level of football deserve no respect

nigel have you ever seen cambridge utd play ? lol.

15 or 20 for that level is incredible, just as much as 60 for an away trip to the emirates

I think I have a grudge against them because I helped clear CR of snow one Xmas (82ish) to get a game on against them, and we promptly got stuffed 3-1!

This is the reason so many of us are looking forward to the day, travelling to barrow on a tuesday night, getting in at 6am after watching us lose 1-0 on a ground which resembles a park, loses its appeal quickly!

Stop creeping round them northhants FFS, they have turned us over by dropping their prices so they can rip people off with Delias pies and make their profit that way.

No pies for me, or if I do have one I will get it from the petrol garage before we go in. And that is if I get a blooming ticket!

No ones creeping you clown, No one has done us out of money etc, its just normal chat between normal football fans! And you''re not going to get a ticket as we have sold out, and if by some miracle you do get a ticket lets hope the M6 is shut that day!!

[quote user="technika"]nigel have you ever seen cambridge utd play ? lol.

15 or 20 for that level is incredible, just as much as 60 for an away trip to the emirates
[/quote]

the point i was making was that if it''s your club then you go

if you just go when your team are at a decent standard

then your a gloryhunter/cock/both

delete where applicable

I did hear that Eric was responsible for getting the orange into your kit. Don''t know if true or not.

Have a good day out. Make the most of the city,especially the centre,as it''s a fine,fine place. Plenty of good boozers all in walking distance.

Is the Arndale centre still alive. Haven''t been for years,and it was getting tired then.

[quote user="J in cumbria"]Stop creeping round them northhants FFS, they have turned us over by dropping their prices so they can rip people off with Delias pies and make their profit that way.

No pies for me, or if I do have one I will get it from the petrol garage before we go in. And that is if I get a blooming ticket![/quote]

J, you really come across as a Knobhead