Transfer Window let down?

Just to get peoples thoughts?

1. We will sign a new striker which most will be very happy with

2. We will sign a striker that most are not happy with! "Cough" CMS

3. We will continue working hard...but not make any new signings

4. We will sign another midfielder

5. We will sign more than one player

I''d love to say 1.

But I think 2, 4 & 5. We''ve made the last signing on the last two deadline days (Ryan Bennett, and Harry Kane loan). So I wouldn''t rule out a late one either.

1. Doubt it

2. Most likely, that is how we roll!

3. As above, work hard to sign a Donkey

4. Yes I think we will

5. Yes. A midfielder and a Donkey

YellowBlood, why would we sign a donkey?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to finish 12th in the PL, and be 12th over half way through in your second season?

I honestly can''t believe posters like you are for real. You cannot enjoy football can you?

The simple fact is that Number 1 is unachievable.

Sign Hooper and some people will moan he''s unproven or too short. Sign CMS and some people will say he''s unproven and too old. Sign a relatively unknown foreigner and some people will say he''s unproven and not high profile enough.

My view is that we will make at least one excellent (in my opinion) siging, maybe two.

Based on the assumption that our wishes becoming reality we will sign (transfers and/or loan deals) at least three players (but probably only three), two of whom will be strikers. I hope that puts everyone''s minds at rest...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]YellowBlood, why would we sign a donkey?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to finish 12th in the PL, and be 12th over half way through in your second season?

I honestly can''t believe posters like you are for real. You cannot enjoy football can you?[/quote]

hehe, I am just messing about. I just hope we dont sign someone that wont really improve what we have i.e. CMS. Yes some people like him but is he really going to take us to the next level? I personally doubt it. Someone like hooper would show that we want to move forward plus I think he would try and play his nuts off week in week out because of his desire to get into the england setup.

And you say about finishing 12th, yes well holt was on fire last season but he has yet to be. we wont finish 12th this season if we dont get someone to put the ball in the net.

And I do enjoy football, I have supported city since I was 4 and have seen us sign many useless strikers in the past, so it is possible.

We''ll sign at least one player.

Like i''ve said multiple times already and i''m sure others have pointed out, not that many teams have actually signed anyone yet. West Ham have made two or three signings, Chelsea got Ba, Wigan got a couple in, Reading signed someone, Newcastle got that defender they just missed out on in the summer, might be a couple others but nothing that springs to mind. Ba, Debuchey and Joe Cole are the three ''best'' signings made so far.

Go check out transfer dates from previous transfer windows (Jan that is), i''m fairly sure most of the ''big'' deals happen later on. There is a knock on effect, selling players in Jan in most cases requires immediate replacement. If we sign Hooper, Celtic need someone else, he''s been leading the line for them, to let him go at this stage they''d need someone to replace him, Samaras maybe, but then they need someone to play in the position he''s been playing this season...