Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Bravo

Biglia all over again..

With the whole Hooper situation you begin to wonder whether or not an agent is the instigator of certain press reporting that he''s close to signing just to tout his client about.

I remember being excited when Sky Sports News'' Breaking News ticker reported Lucas Biglia was about to sign on the dotted line only for any other news on the deal never to materialise.

I''ve no idea how long deals take, but it all seems to have fizzled away a la the Biglia situation.

My source said we have made and offer for Hooper and "it''s not quite there yet"...the ball is back with us.

Before you say "source"? I can tell you it''s on another thread on here.

I''ll also state that I have never before mentioned a potential signing/rumour (bar this Hooper one) on here since I joined way back when. My info is from such a random source I couldn''t pass the chance up, SO, I put £50 on him joining us on the transfer window on Friday. You won''t find another bookies to take that bet now. (If you do, let me know as I may have another flutter). :0)

I do find it odd how people seem to think that buying a player is like buying a bag of sweets or something - I guess it is a feature of the Internet, where everything is ''immediate''. The reality is that these deals are potentially £multi-million, with other clubs/players possibly involved, so it stands to reason that there could be a fair bit of negotiation. At the end of the day, we have only ever seen rumours and the club has said nothing so we might be barking up the wrong tree. I''ve no idea whether Hooper is the guy we want, or if it is another, but we just have to wait and see what transpires.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]My source said we have made and offer for Hooper and "it''s not quite there yet"...the ball is back with us.

I''ll also state that I have never before mentioned a potential signing/rumour (bar this Hooper one) on here since I joined way back when. My info is from such a random source I couldn''t pass the chance up, SO, I put £50 on him joining us on the transfer window on Friday. You won''t find another bookies to take that bet now. (If you do, let me know as I may have another flutter). :0)[/quote]Cheers for the update spencer 1970 and you are right I can''t get a bet on Hooper joining anywhere.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]My source said we have made and offer for Hooper and "it''s not quite there yet"...the ball is back with us.

I''ll also state that I have never before mentioned a potential signing/rumour (bar this Hooper one) on here since I joined way back when. My info is from such a random source I couldn''t pass the chance up, SO, I put £50 on him joining us on the transfer window on Friday. You won''t find another bookies to take that bet now. (If you do, let me know as I may have another flutter). :0)[/quote]

you can get 3/1 with betvictor mate...

These sources actually work tho... I knew about the Gary Cahill deal to Chelsea (and made a small amount of money on it) due to knowing a member of the Bolton squad who told me straight up. Interestingly, he also told me he passed up the opportunity to join us on loan in our promotion winning season to fight for his place at then premiership Bolton... guess who!

@Jimmy - a wild stab? Robbie Blake?

Also, its far from a done for that GH is signing, and I''m well aware that its not a bag-o-sweets deal, but I''ve got an IN and I''m betting on it. I could fall flat on my face and lose £50, but as I put about 3 bets on a year, I can risk this one.

I did hear yesterday that the club were expecting to do some business this week

Yup, u got it! He says Cahill is the best english defender we have, rates him very highly! I remember seeing rumours about us signing robbie then when i didn''t know him that well, so it was nice to see that these things actually sometimes do have a grain of truth, even if they dont happen

I don''t normally post ballcocks but here goes...

Bloke I bump into now and then reckons the negotiations that are going on centres around, Morison + £5m for Hooper