Sign in to follow this  
steve b

CMS

If he signs, give him a bloody chance.

Seriously doubt it, though.

Truth be told, I''m not worried either way- Hughton is a better judge of a player than you or me. Or, do you know better than him?

The fact is he isn''t scoring twenty in the champ he''s got ten so does that really improve the squad? Jackson Holt Morison Chris Martin could all get 10+ in the champs if they''d tried.

[quote user="steve b"]CMS to sign by tomorrow according to Twitter, hope not..[/quote]You don''t say who''s account it is. If it''s McNally I think I may believe it. If it''s someone like R.W. Renskay, it just goes in the bin!

Statistics can be misleading. However, I do agree.

Nonetheless, if he does sign, don''t belly-ache. Give him a chance. He might surprise you.

Still think the entire rumour is BS, anyway.

Scored 30 in 110 league games in the Champ over his 3 seasons in the champ, so slightly worse than 1 in 3.5 games.  Scored a lot in league 1.  Probably not really worth the Â£3mil or so banded about as his value, but there really is a distinct lack of available players in the striker position, that can improve our team/squad and for that sort of money.   

You guys know, if you want a Charlie Austin for example, its gonna be £7 or £8mil.  Or would you prefer Glenn Murray?  Jordan Rhodes was £8mil. 

Ultimately, I''d be happy for us to have 4 strikers who could get about 8-10 goals in the prem a season each.  Very unlikely with the formation we play I know, but it''d be nice to options.  I think CMS could get 8-10 goals.  Players like Jackson, Kane and Martin, I don''t they could.  Morrison seems lacking in confidence and needs to go back to a skin head to get his form back [:)]

[quote user="Militant Canary"]If he signs, give him a bloody chance.

Seriously doubt it, though.

Truth be told, I''m not worried either way- Hughton is a better judge of a player than you or me. Or, do you know. better than him?[/quote]. I would give him a chance definitely, just saying I hope we don''t go for him as in my opinion he wont improve the squad

Don''t tell me Dion''s at it again! he got it wrong 2 years ago and hope it''s total bull this time!

Who thinks her can score 9-10 goals in the premiership! not a chance in hell, he''s only on 10 in the championship, please stay down the south coast and as for giving him a chance, it''s not for me to decide that, it''s for Hughton and for CMs to make sure he takes it should he come here.

Dissapointing if true.

[quote user="Wiz"]He is out injured, hamstring, next![/quote]

I believe it is in the rules that you can sign someone who is injured wiz. Although, i think we can do better

[quote user="Indy"]

Don''t tell me Dion''s at it again! he got it wrong 2 years ago and hope it''s total bull this time!

[/quote]

Don''t think he was wrong. I think Mr Fry tried to use the fact that Norwich fans were expecting it to happen after Dion''s little announcement, to increase the price at the last minute after a deal had been agreed.

I would be very happy with this signing, so long as we bring in another attacking option as-well (either a winger or second pacier striker) - this option is far more preferable than splashing all our cash on Hooper.

CMS comes ready made to fit into the 4 5 1 system as a lone striker, adding vital competition for Holt and someone to help relieve the pressure on Holt to score.

He also fits into our team ethos and has an incredible workrate and desire, something i imagine could help him become a crowd favourite here.

For me he is definitely a better option than all our other strikers with an exception for our talisman, how people can be annoyed at that for less than 3M i do not know.

I think the general feeling is Pricey, that he''s not really ''better than what we''ve already got'', to quote Hughton (and Lambert). Personally, if Hughton thinks he''s an improvement on the current squad then that''s good enough for me and I''ll give him my full support, but honestly, I''ll be a tad underwhelmed.

I like your support for the management Brownstone.

I''ll be honest in that i have not seen him play much this year, but I have seen a bit more of him over the past 3 seasons. He is a player i have always rate, he may not be technically gifted but he gives his all for his team each week, despite the rumours that always surround him leaving, and certainly knows how to give defenders a torrid time and knows where the net is. It just my opinion that he is the perfect type of player to play the lone striker role, I just wish he had a bit more pace and was a bit younger.

He seems to be similar to Holt in the fact his is still maturing as a footballer at a relatively old age and at 29 his best years still seem to be ahead of him

I am sorry to say but of we end up with CMS and only CMS this window then the club seriously needs to have a look at itself and its ambition. I am all for bringing in talent from the lower leagues but not a 29 year old player that can''t even get 20 goals on a regular basis in the championship. We need to be looking to the future or he will just end up as dead wood !

Give it a rest with the ambition crap yeah? It''s not like McNally''s stuck £6m to one side for new carpets for the boardroom, or we''ve decided to start investing in land again. Every spare penny the club makes is given to Hughton. What do you want them to do? Put Ronaldo on a credit card?

Sorry Fozzy but whilst I understand your point, I think that there is a different point of view.

When you play a system, it becomes a jigsaw and you look for players who fit. Often they are not the best but they work in the particular role.

As I''ve said above, Mackail Smith has huge energy and is very mobile. He can play the Holt way and so the team can play the Hughton way. He may not be the best but he can be a round peg in ways that our other strikers can''t and haven''t. He may score no more but perhaps the team will.

As posted above!

"As I''ve said above, Mackail Smith has huge energy and is very mobile"

Exactly just what we need another high energy and mobile headless chicken, running around up front. I think Jackson and Kane do this very well already. As for CMS being able to hold the line up top on his own, well he''s not going to pull the defence about like a Holt type of striker and as I believe we need someone who can provide goals and give us a different option to what we already have, or am I missing something here?

If it was a choice of waiting to the summer, keeping the money, going with what we have or signing CMS for over 3 million then I know what I would choose.