Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

our best player

depends how you define best really. almost all our creativity and attacks come through hucks, but hucks does underperform sometimes, and doesn''t allways play his role well... for example if he''s playing left wing, he often doesn''t track back leaving our left back exposed.

francis however plays his role perfectly, is consistent and a top top player. however i think hucks would be missed a lot more if he''s not in the team than francis would.

its a hard call to make really. i''d say from a team perspective, hucks is our best player as without him, the the team is significantly weakened. however from an individual player perspective francis is our best player.

That probably doesn''t make a lot of sense, but it made sense in my head and you probably roughly get the drift of what i mean.

Damo still frustrates the hell out of me - far too often he appear disinterested at a stage when we need to be dominating midfield - as well as he has adapted to the prem I still think there is much muchmore to come - he could be the best but isnt yet.

It could be greeno - fringes of the England squads rates him as better than everyone else, although standing behind THAT defence is taking its toll on his performances.

For me it has to be consistently excellent if frustrating Hux - he has threatened our opponents every game even when we waste him by sticking him on the left of midfield and make him run 50 yards before he can hurt our opponents.   He is the one player that would be seriously missed if he didnt play as there would be NO creativity in the side at all - what proportion of our goals has he NOT had a hand in - very few overall.  To me he remains our best and most influential player.

OTBC

Damien Francis

Easily winner of this seasons player of the season so far.
Joint Top scorer, playing less games and suffering from an injury but still managing to get equal with huckerby.

Hes Done so well in the center despite being changed around alot, but he still gets stuck in and does his job.

IMHO how can it not be Francis?

For me hes been our defence, midfield, and "20 Goal A Season Striker"

I think you have to turn the question around a bit , who would we miss the most if injured and without doubt it has to be hucks , he creates most of our chances and without him we would struggle to put a desent ball in the box i cant think of anyone at the club at the moment who could do what he does.