Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Guardiola to become Bayern boss

No, not Norwich, but interesting and if anything, it goes to show the press are full of sh*t. Only yesterday and this morning the press were stating he was coming to the Premiership for his next venture!

Genuinely amazed by this. Mind you, he is young and has many managerial jobs ahead of him I am sure.

Strange move though and I saw someone ask whether he would sign any Barca players? I can''t see it but this has proved anything can happen!

One of the world''s biggest clubs and probably have a better squad than most of the Premier League teams - don''t think it is a massive surprise at all. Bayern''s board have shown they aren''t prone to moments of madness and they have an excellent youth academy, seems like a perfect fit to be honest.

Guardiola is a well documented fan of English football and pushed for a move to Man U at one point in his career but it never happened for a bunch of reasons. The media saying he would come to England was due to the video the FA released of him today as part of their 150 year celebration - which he was, of course, flattering about the Premier League. Can only see him at one team in England though and that is Man U and Ferguson isn''t leaving there anytime soon. Could be an interesting Jose v Pep battle for that job...

Abramovich must be gutted. Everything was set up for Guardiola to join next season, instead they''re probably now stuck with Benitez. You''ve got to laugh.I still think Guardiola was a round peg in a round hole at Barcelona. Put him at any other club and he''s no better than Jupp Heynckes, Mancini, Ferguson or Klopp. In fact if Abramovich had any ability to think long term he could have seen he could have created the next ''Guardiola'' by keeping Di Matteo; a manager loved by the fans and players, tactically astute with a thorough understanding of the clubs ethos from his playing days. 

Germany has been slagging off the Premier League recently, and many points raised (mostly about cash) are valid. The Germans do as much as possible for the fans and welcome their feedback. I think the Premier League has to start acting responsibly.

Apparently a Man City fan at Arsenal was nearly arrested for showing his displeasure at his £65 ticket. Arrested for what??

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Germany has been slagging off the Premier League recently, and many points raised (mostly about cash) are valid. The Germans do as much as possible for the fans and welcome their feedback. I think the Premier League has to start acting responsibly. Apparently a Man City fan at Arsenal was nearly arrested for showing his displeasure at his £65 ticket. Arrested for what??  [/quote]

I think you''ve answered that. Showing his displeasure at his £65 ticket presumably!

He''s joined an absolute giant of a club, in Europe''s best run league.

Will be interesting to see if he has the effect he had at Barca. Personally, i can''t see it.

I suppose Norwich''s record of being the only British club to beat Bayern away over 90 minutes has a good chance of standing for a while longer. Chelsea came close but needed extra time and penaties.

I was a little surprised by this but the more I think on it the more I think it''s a very good decision. Bayern are a truly massive club where he will be competing for titles every year and he will have the potential for good runs in Europe.
Then there''s the fact that he turned down Chelsea. I don''t blame him in the slightest. Look how Abramovich treated AVB . He chased him for weeks paid a fortune to get him out of his contract at Porto and then decided after a few months that he wasn''t the right man after all. Chelsea could of ruined Guardiola''s career as they probably would of sacked him after a few months if they weren''t 10 points clear at the top of the table.
Davo

Personally I was getting the feeling Pep wasn''t too keen on Chelsea. Nothing specific to back that up, just a feeling.

And like already mentioned, he was almost certainly very keen on the Man.U job, and Sir Alex has recently suggested he won''t be retiring anytime soon (I don''t think he knows what to do, he''s done everything he can at Man.U really, he can''t get any ''better'' can he?). So that would leave Man.C or Arsenal, maybe Spurs as potential jobs in England. Arsenal will never get rid of Wenger, 7 years without trophies and still seems safe, because despite a lack of trophies he''s still running that club very well, top four finishes, decent cup runs, doesn''t waste money on transfers. Fairly sure I read something recently saying he bought RVP, Fabregas, Nasri and someone else, possibly Song for a certain amount and has of course sold them on for a huge amount, a very large profit. Man.C may not be an appealing job, partly because it then dampens the chance of becoming Man.U manager, also no control what so ever on transfers it would appear.

Bayern are a top top club. But they have some serious competition in the German league now, I think two other teams have won the league in the past 3/4 seasons. So their is competition, and of course Bayern haven''t won the CL for a while, so they obviously want someone to try and just nudge them up a level, and just go one better than last season.

Good chance for Pep to prove himself somewhere without having to spend huge amounts like he may have done at Chelsea.

He wans''t going to manage in spain next, or france, or italy.

England was a possibility but he only wanted Man Utd and fergie isn''t going to leave until 2015 earliest! Arsenal stick with ~Wenger through good and bad, which I like. Man City were a real posibilty but wanting Man Utd he couldn''t risk it. Chelsea was never going to happen , £18m a year but get sacked after a few games wasn''t going to appeal to him. He has gone for the best club of the bunch (minus man utd) who have a world class academy, world class players and brilliant chance at winning trophies.

I know the guy has obviously got a lot of knowledge about the game and players etc. But is he really THAT good? He''s managed Barcelona ''B'' and Barcelona in his managerial career, both of which (I presume) are/were fairly decent sides.It will be interesting to see how he fares when he''s not managing a team that essentially is only competing against 1 other team (in the league) and that doesn''t contain 2 of the top 3 players in the world.I''ve nothing against him, just thinking out loud really.....

This is a project over several years to rebuild via a group of kids into another set of super stars. Surely could not have been done in England as as soon as the first team lost 2 consecutive games the fans would want him out unable to understand what was being built.

Good luck to him. This move could change football for the next 100 years as surely if he prooves he can develop another group of players all football will adopt his methods.