Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Jacob Butterfield has joined...

Middlesborough on loan. Not sure for how long though. Puts the Leeds theories to bed, as well thought out a theory it was.

Crystal Palace,,, Link

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=1331&headline=Exclusive%3A

Why would Zaha come here? I doubt a loan is much of an exchange for a youngster looking like he''s on the up....

I''m probably completely wrong, but NCFC have not confirmed anything yet - as I pointed out to some Palace fans they''re celebrating his capture because their local paper ''understands'' Jacob is joining this week - nothing confirmed yet as far as I can see

BW''s Cat - Why would Zaha come here? I doubt a loan is much of an exchange for a youngster looking like he''s on the up...

If he had any sense he would come to us or a club like us to further his career.

Look at Moses. He went to Wigan and managed to get a great deal of game time, improved his game by the experience he gained and has now gone to Chelsea and is getting many more starts than he ever would have if he had gone there to start with. Many people ridiculed me on a previous thread when I said that another good youngster was lost to England when Jack Rodwell joined Manchester City. Well he has made 5 appearances for them this season, and I don''t think he is injured, so I think it will be quite a while before he adds to his 2 England caps.

Zaha will also be lost at a ''big'' team and will not play anywhere as many games as he would at a team like ours and as a result will not develop his career.

So, yes, Norwich City, or a team like Norwich City, would be a good career move for Wilfred Zaha.

It''s officially official, well TalkSport anyhow.

Gone to Palace for a month.

The fact that it is only one month suggests to me that Jacob is nearly oven-ready and that we may well see him in the yellow at Carrow Road to be an important factor as we creep away from the danger area.

Oh dear. The smoke didn''t herald a fire. Not a sweetener. Nobody from Palace coming our way. And I''ve got nowhere to rent my videos now. Bad day.

"With an injury like that, the mental side is the toughest bit, you get a lot of down days," said Butterfield.

"You feel like you''re not getting anywhere and, signing for a new club, I was desperate to get over it as soon as possible and get on the pitch."

"Signing for Norwich gave me a little boost in the summer; a bit of encouragement to keep working hard to get back fit.

"I''m glad I''m ready to go now because it seems like I''ve been here a lifetime, waiting for that chance."

I certainly hope he gets his chance. 22 years old with it all ahead of him. Hopefully with us. Go and make a good impact at Palace with a good manager and come back ready to go