Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

whos up to it?

just interested to know who you think is up to the premiership?

heres my view:

Green - Yes
Drury - Not sure
Stuart - Yes but not fit yet
Fleming - No
Hux - Yes
Mulryne - No
Holt - Yes
Jonson - Not sure
Bentley - Yes
Brennan - Just
McKenzie- No
Safri - maybe
Charlton - Yes
eddy - Yes
McVeigh- dont think so
Svenson - Yes
Francis - Yes
Hendo - dont think so
Jarvis - dont know
Shackell - who knows
Helveg - probably (has improved)
Doherty - Yes but loses concentration so maybe no
Crow - dont know
Ashton - Yes

so thats about 13 prem standard players and a few not sures

I  agree generally, although I am concerned that some, like Eddy, struggle at times for pace. My feeling is that Leon lacks is quick control. He can run with the ball only if he stands in acres of space to receive it, otherwise the opposition are on to him before he controls it.

I guess it all depends on what you mean by ''up to it'': is it "good enough on their day" or "consistently good enough"?  With the former definition, then most are up to it, but with the latter I think that a fair few aren''t.

It has been a bit of a mixed bag - Francis certainly hasn''t looked out of place, nor has Huckerby (still usually has 2 defenders on him), Greeno is a good keeper but is often being made to look ordinary by our leaky defence, Jonson took a while to get going but has looked up to it, Eddie has been better than I thought he''d be but Drury has been worse, as has Mullers.  To be honest, I think I am undecided on most of the others.

Green - YesDrury - Not sureStuart - Yes but not fit yetFleming - NoHux - YesMulryne - NoHolt - NOJonson - NoBentley - YesBrennan - NOMcKenzie- NoSafri - YesCharlton - Yeseddy - YesMcVeigh- noSvenson - noFrancis - YesHendo - noJarvis - dont knowShackell - who knowsHelveg - yesDoherty - Yes Crow - dont knowAshton - YesSome of the No''s can on there day but not on a consistent basis and that is no good in the long run.

Green, Hucks, Bentley, Charlton, Ashton, Francis, McVeigh and Safri. The rest are not good enough for the Premiership - sorry! However, we''ll have one hell of a Fizzy League squad, even if Green, Francis and Bentley go.  

[quote]I agree generally, although I am concerned that some, like Eddy, struggle at times for pace. My feeling is that Leon lacks is quick control. He can run with the ball only if he stands in acres of spa...[/quote]

This is because in other leagues the play is much slower and relaxed, thats why Huckerby had such an easy time last year.

As for svensson not up for it....... anyone remember Bolten?

Jet heeled front how can you say Drury and Mckenzie are definetely premiership class? Mckenzie is a striker and has scored what is it 2 goals in about 15 games. That is a crap scoring record for a striker and from those stats how can you say he is premiership class? I thought strikers were supposed to score goals. And as for Drury he cant mark to save his life and his defensive performances in some games have cost us big time. Alright he rescued a point for us against Boro'' but defensively he has been awful this season.

I just want to know what you base your opinions on.