Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

Huckerby

i no this has been asked so so many times but all we seem to get is an argument!

is he a winger or striker? dont lay into me for this, just answer the question with the simple answer of winger or striker (no opinions as they cause conflict)

either for me. at the moment i would probably prefer him on the wing. however if he could finish his chances then he would be a deadly striker and i think that could happen

he doesn''t cover enough to be a winger at this level, however up front he looks dangerous until he shoots!

OTBC!

Chunky

Hucks is a one off,

For that reason alone don''t try to put a label on him, he could be anything you want him to be.

The only thing he lacks in my opinion is speed of thought to match his physical pace, he gets himself into great situations with his quickness then tends to spoil it by snatching at what ever opportunities he creates.

I would not change him for anyone regardless.

I would say he''s a winger....He must be....Because he don''t score any goals, not in this league anyway (pretty secure from the spotkick though...He misses so many chances...We might as well put Flem up front, maybe he can score more...

He''s a winger beacuse of his pace and his ability to challenge defenders, escpecially right-backs, and he''s a good crosser!

dizney78

A forward played along side a bigger striker...drifting to the left, dragging defenders out of position, taking on the right back, putting in decent balls allowing our left winger to tuck inside and get into the box along with Francis, Ashton and Jonson coming in from the right. Or driving into the space created by him dropping deep and others rushing forward letting take a shot himself...

Such a simple game

[quote]Hucks is a one off, For that reason alone don''t try to put a label on him, he could be anything you want him to be. The only thing he lacks in my opinion is speed of thought to match his physical p...[/quote]

I would not change him for anyone regardless.
I dunno, I hear that Henry bloke is quite good.

[quote]I would not change him for anyone regardless. I dunno, I hear that Henry bloke is quite good.[/quote]

Ah well then Bunny if your offering ? OK then I accept !

Actually I meant regardless of the fault I mentioned, put that right and we might well have our own Henry.

I M H O

STRIKER !!

Stick him back on the left  , and kiss off any chance we have of staying up ..........  yes , he`s lost his shooting boots  at the moment ,  but so have  the , so called , strikers  we have !

He`s spent half the season  feeding crosses only to see them wasted  by these hapless  kick it everywichway merchants  ... time for route one for hucks  ... he makes things happen  ... he`ll soon  remember his Coventry days  , relax ,  and  start sticking them in  !

He''s neither, but he''s a problem, and a match winner potentially.

He''s a problem in that he determines the formation. If we want to play 4-4-2, to provde some cover on the left of midfield, then he is a striker who wanders and leaves the other striker very much on his own. If we play him wide on the left, with two other strikers up front, then we''re playing 4-3-3, and the left side tends to be wide open.

He is always likely to make something happen, and on his day can leave even premiership fullbacks floundering. His would be the first name pencilled in on the team sheet, if I were manager, but I think he does cause the manager some head scratching.

So far we haven''t tried 3-5-2, or have I forgotten it? Perhaps with four other midfielders, in a diamond or otherwise, we might make up for only three at the back. When Bentley was behind the strikers, in a diamond, we were too narrow, and several teams in the premiership have good wide men!

Hucks is best in a free role.  Makes it an absolute nightmare to mark.  Playing him wide is no good.  Let him roam!