Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Assume we get both DG and GH what team would you play?

Simple question, this is also assuming that every player is fit to play.

For me...

Ruddy

Martin, Bassong,Turner, Garrido   

Bennett, Tetty, Howson, Snodgrass

Graham, Hooper.

That is madness! Martin over Whittacker?!

Howson over Johnson at the moment?!

Holt is so important to NCFC you cannot have him not starting!

Snodgrass on the RIGHT, how many people need telling this.... Remember Huckerby... Never on the right for a reason.. cos he was best used on the Left cutting in!

Don''t know about instantly dropping Holt. Both players should have to work for their place in the 1st team.

I''d agree in theory. However I don''t think you can drop Holt yet. Until they prove (with sub-appearances and training) that they offer more than him, how can you drop him? He wouldn''t like that and he is our captain.Also, Whittaker has been arguably better than Martin this season so when he is fit, I''d say would be our first choice RB.Then there is Snodgrass being best from the right cutting in onto his left for in-swinging deliveries and you''ve left our Hoolahan? Can we really drop our most creative player?Although it is a nice problem to have, I don''t envy Hughton if these two come off haha...

The only meaningful cover we will then need will be for Pilkington.

Snodgrass does not play on the left, and that is the reason Bennett has not had more games, the right wing position is well covered, the left wing is not. Neither Lappin or Surman are wingers, they are wide midfielders.

Hoolahan cannot play in a midfield four, as has been proved in the past, so if we move to 442 then it would seem he will not be part of it.

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido

Tettey

Snodgrass Hoolahan Surman

Graham Holt

Snodgrass and Surman both provide sufficient tracking back and Hoolahan would play a deeper role than of current but still able to push forward when neccessary. Hooper on bench simply as I''m not sure how he would adapt to premier league yet.

Subs: Bunn, R. Bennett, R. Martin, E. Bennett, B. Johnson, Pilkington, Hooper

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Ruddy Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido Tettey Snodgrass Hoolahan Surman Graham Holt [/quote]

Slightly  1 footed midfield...cant see that working!

Whatever the formation, or the players Hughton chooses to fill it, what a lovely, lovely problem to have. Dreaming? Wishful thinking? The next couple of weeks will tell us.

I wouldn''t mind Bates team, that''s not a bad looking line-up!

I think you''d have to put in Graham ahead of Hooper due to his experience already, but with the ability to bring on Hooper off the bench, things would be very, very good!

It''d be difficult to drop Hoolahoop, so incorporating him into the system is difficult. Playing Bradders instead of Surman and playing 3 across the middle in:

. . Tettey Bradders

Snoddy

. . Hoolahoop

Might work better defensively. So when we attack Snoddy and Hooalahoop go forward, but when we defend it''s 3 across the middle with Hoolahoop tracking back

I don''t think you can play 2 slow strikers together on a regular basis (holt and graham - if we sign him), perhaps just against weaker defences who can''t defend set pieces (man U, Wigan) but that partnership looks a bit uninspiring so i would start hooper (again, if we get him)

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Ruddy Whittaker Turner Bassong Garrido Tettey Snodgrass Hoolahan Surman Graham Holt [/quote]

[/quote]

But you''re 3 right footed midfield is fine? Why is it that left footed players always get singled out for this kind of thing? Right footed players don''t get half as much flak for not using their left, as lefties get for not using their right. Its just odd.

GP, tell me an all 1 footed midfield that works.

[/quote]

seriously, your going ahead with this argument.

Good luck sir

[/quote]

That my friend is a awful statement like saying having 4 right footed players in midfield won''t work. If they are good enough does not matter what position they play or with what foot.

A lot of the time a right footed player playing left wing works better cutting in etc !!

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]That my friend is a awful statement like saying having 4 right footed players in midfield won''t work. If they are good enough does not matter what position they play or with what foot. A lot of the time a right footed player playing left wing works better cutting in etc !![/quote]

Name a midfield then...

I could name 4 right field midfielders who would get in any squad and you would play them all every game even if they were all right footed. It''s like saying shouldn''t play a left footed play right back or right centre back it''s crazy

And for England it not always worked, but suppose we are still 5 or 6 in the fifa ratings so can''t be that bad!

GP, tell me an all 1 footed midfield that works.

[/quote]

What are you on about?

I never said it would or wouldn''t.

But your team has three right footed, one left footed player. The one you said wouldn''t work had one right foot, three left foot. What on earth is the difference?

[quote user="Snakepit Ric"]That my friend is a awful statement like saying having 4 right footed players in midfield won''t work. If they are good enough does not matter what position they play or with what foot. A lot of the time a right footed player playing left wing works better cutting in etc !![/quote]

Name a midfield then...

[/quote]

Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta. Fabregas, Song, Pedro, Mascherano are all also right footed.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Anyone could pick an all right footed midfield. But name me a current midfield that are all right footed and it is working.[/quote]

Barcelona - Xavi, Biscuits, Song, Iniesta...

Man Utd - Young, Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick...

Two teams, destroying their leagues with all right footed midfielders.

I think next season Danny g and Gary h could be starting strikers. Holty is our talisman, but a talisman''s presence can be there when on the bench, bassong has that talisman title I feel.

If we got both or two other strikers then I would expect them to be pushing for two starting positions and holt playing a little less over the course of the remaining season.

We need to get the two settled and scoring.

Also Spain, add Alonso to that midfield.

If Anderson or Giggs aren''t playing Man.U play a right footed midfield, fairly sure Nani, Valencia and Young are all right footed.

Chelsea too, occasionally have all right footed players, in fact i''d suggest their best midfield three is probably Mikel, Ramires and Lampard.

I questioned a midfield 3 of Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Surman. All 3 are 100% left footed.

[/quote]

Why did you ignore Tettey? He was in the midfield.