Sign in to follow this  
hucks mullett

Who will worthy play out of position against city??

I just hope that Greeno playing left back for Svenn doesn''t give Worthington ideas.  Lets face it:

Huckerby/Bentley/Mcveigh are not left wingers

Jonsson/Henderson/Jarvis are not right wingers!

In fact, do we have any Wingers?!! Bring back Foggo

You raise an interesting point here, and one that I''ve often wondered about - if we don''t have any out-and-out wingers (and I agree that no-one at the club seems totally comfortable playing as a winger) why don''t we just change our formation so that they''re not important? Perhaps, with players such as Helveg and Brennan available, don''t we change to wingbacks? This would allow us 3 centre halves (two mark strikers, with one free as a sweeper) and it would also allow us to play Francis and A.N.Other central midfielder, with Hucks in behind the strikers of Ashton and A.N.Other. Perhaps Jarvis deserves another chance - his last appearance produced an excellent goal against Liverpool, and gave us a glimpse of what he''s capable of.

Given that a flat back four has struggled defensively all season, maybe a back five would tighten up enough. We could also allow Shackell a chance in this shape.

Are you suggesting:

Green

Fleming      Doc      Charlton

Helveg                                 Brennan

Francis     Holt

Huckerby

Ashton        Leon

That might just crazy enough to work!

Just becasue a player has played in another position for a previous club, doesn''t mean he has to play there for us.  I think Hucks is most effective on the left.  Worthy must do too otherwise he wouldn''t put him there.  Jonson was brought to the club as a right sided midfielder.  He wasn''t brought here to play up front

Tacklebury I like that suggestion, clearly what we are doing does not work so it may be worth a try.

From Sky Sports

Nigel Worthington is close to completing the signing of free agent Neil Warnock in time for the home clash with Man City. Worthington has been on the look out for a classy whinger to provide some much needed width for some time.

"We haven''t had an out and out whinger at the club for some time since Bellamy left. Needless to say I''m delighted to secure the services of Neil, he should be available for the Man City game providing he''s not recieved a 3-match ban for berating officials over something on Saturday"

In other transfer matters Norwich will not be pursuing their interest in former striker David Neilsen.

"He was on trial for a few days but his fisting was painful to watch"

[quote]Just becasue a player has played in another position for a previous club, doesn''t mean he has to play there for us. I think Hucks is most effective on the left. Worthy must do too otherwise he would...[/quote]

I slightly disagree DDim.  IMO Hux has only been effective on the left when he has been switched to that position during the game.  He has been less effective when he has started out there.

You dont really even need to go three at the back.  A three man midfield consisting of two defencive midfielders and Francis would be ok, you would get the width if the full backs done their jobs! but Hucks needs to play a free role.  B''std to defend against.  Unshackle the Shackel!

P.S.  Jonsson may have been brought here as a right sided midfielder, but he is a right forward, same as rivers. NO GOOD out there.

There''s a reason that Hucks is only effective when put out on the left during a game, rather than at the beginning of the game, Saint. Because the opposition can get their tactics right from the first whistle and get one or two men to mark him out of the game. But when we switch halfway through a half, the other team loses him completely and it let''s him run riot. This to me says that he should always be started up front, then move out wide if the going gets tough.

He is still a striker though.