Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Who were you in the playground??

Glen Hoddle - I was a lazy git who stood around the midfield but occasionally put in a blinding pass or hit a sweet curler...Oh and I hated having my socks pulled up and my shirt tucked in...

I was either Chris Waddle or Ian Crook and I occasionally hit a volley like Goss.

Jumpers for goal post, last goal wins even if the score is 15 - 10, players swapping sides, ripped school uniform, muddy shoes which used to drive my mum nuts....

[quote]True, but I had a goal tally and outrageous pace that Lineker could only dream of... I forget the number of times I made a Norfolk Senior Cup winner and teammate of Luther Blissett look like a mug. A...[/quote]

I notice you do not deny my silky skills Peter.

Didn''t really take a player''s name, but what games we had! Limited to a tennis ball, we all developed pretty good skills at the expense of our shoes We used the double doors of the biology block as a goal and only broke 1 window in 4 years! Unfortunately some of the equipment in the labs either side of the entrance weren''t so lucky.

It usually started as a  World Cup but tended to degenerate into set pieces from corners and then people teeing up shots for S.W-P style bullets...woe betide any of the little kids who ever dared to run across our game!

I was Chris Sutton and on his departure Mr Eadie. However I always celebrated a goal like Alan Shearer with the dipped head and bent arm raised above it!!

when in goal - Woods, then Gunny (basically whoever played in goal at the time)

when on pitch - started out as Tony Spearing as I met him and he was a really nice guy with cool hair.   I quickly moved onto Townsend and then Goss though.

What''s with the who were you in the playground though?   I still pretend I am Huckerby or Goss, depending on which shirt I am wearing, each week at footy practice

Hey Badger,

Another poster in Oz... I think theres another one too, but he doesnt seem like admitting it... he had an aussie local actor guy as an avatar anyway... I think it was "Ou est.." something or other...

Am in Melbourne, living the "good" life Bout you?

I was Mr T in the playground, and "sh*t its that crazy guy" on the field Cant be helped... they musta thought I was just scary to look at, specially if I''m charging at ya... all 105kg''z of pure 100% pacifik beef

cant remember if I replied to this post already last night... oh well...

Oh sweet school memories - Framingham Earl 1980''s.  Any other Frammers out there?

Footy aside, I was always Botham as well - fearsome opening bowler and No.4 Bat.

Normann Canary:  Good to see you back Norm, and if anyone should be offering psychological help to the players, then you''ve got my vote.

Heya Flick Fleck,

good to be back... I''d gladly offer my Psycho therapy classes to the team... but I honestly couldnt say whether they would help or not... it could do further damage to their already sensetive and delicate minds...

Still, perhaps I should write to FCR and offer, it cant hurt.... well not yet

[quote]Hey Badger, Another poster in Oz... I think theres another one too, but he doesnt seem like admitting it... he had an aussie local actor guy as an avatar anyway... I think it was "Ou est.." something...[/quote]

The badger currently resides in Perth but only for a month ''cause hes on a jolly sorry I meant work

Me? I''m was in the Ian Henderson mould on the right midfield. Brilliant pace, skill in abundance and that killer finishing you need.

I was that Frenchman Marc Libbra , full of promise and flair , exceptionally volatile but with so much style ,could have been a world beater.... but in the end just another uselss hacker.

[quote]Me? I''m was in the Ian Henderson mould on the right midfield. Brilliant pace, skill in abundance and that killer finishing you need.[/quote]

Does that mean you were always the last one picked???

Unfortantely yes it did mean that Brum Uni Canary but i still slaved on playing football and showing off my brilliant skills. Then i turned crap and got a queer haircut so im not popular now!

Slightly off thread,

I recall some foreign team playing in England, I think they it was Honved, and they wore black shorts with white trim around the bottom of the legs.

The next sports lesson we had, most of the lads had got their mothers to sew white ribbon on to the bottom of their school football shorts just to pretend they were that team.

[quote]We do sometimes get double posts - not sure if it''s us or you . . . I should have deleted the second one.[/quote]

Celia,

Sometimes when the "Post Reply" button is pressed nothing happens for several seconds. The sender thinks he hasn''t pressed it properly so does it again causing said duplication.

Would it be possible to have an audible bleep, to show button pressed, programmed into the system ?